Eklund Rumor: Oilers interested in Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Completely mischaracterized Eklund's title and post.. and then threw in your own two cents which many will conflate as Eklund's.

The article says the Oilers made an offer. It doesn't say anything about Kreider to Edmonton. Nor does it say there has been little dialogue, nor does it say he will be traded instead of re-signed, nor does it say the Rangers are expecting at least a 1st.
Regarding that part, Kreider's agent already came out and said they haven't talked.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
We're a bad place to look for a centre. We've got three really good ones we're not moving, a pile of crap, then a couple prospects we can't really afford to move either.

Picks, maybe.. but looking at your roster on Capfriendly, it sure looks like there would be a spot for a cheap NHL ready young defenceman.

What are you talking about?

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
You should be.

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-DeAngelo once he's signed
??? - Fox?
???

I could be wrong, but Jones/Lagesson seem much more NHL ready than any of your AHL guys.
You are.
Rangers are loaded on the left side and no need to put the question mark next to Fox. He will spend minimal time in Hartford if any.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What are you talking about?

You're in desperate need of cap space, right? Bury Smith, that'll buy you a bit Replace him on the roster with one of the young Oiler D that I think would be coming in the trade along with other pieces. Keep your D prospects down, I don't believe many of them are ready anyway with the possible exception of Rykov... but even then, you'd need another defenceman.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
You should be.

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-DeAngelo once he's signed
??? - Fox?
???

I could be wrong, but Jones/Lagesson seem much more NHL ready than any of your AHL guys.
Hajek and Lindgren fill in those question marks. I would take Hajek pretty easily over Jones though he’s a bit better than Lindgren. We also have Rykov on the left who’s around the same level. K’Andre Miller and Tarmo Reunanen will be in the NHL after next season. All are LHD. And then Fox, Lundkvist, and Keane on the right side

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You are.
Rangers are loaded on the left side and no need to put the question mark next to Fox. He will spend minimal time in Hartford if any.

Respectfully, how is a left defence of Skjei-Staal-Smith loaded?

Your RIGHT side looks great, and you've got Miller and Robertson coming to shore the left up, but they're a ways away, are they not?

Reactions: Mitts888

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hajek and Lindgren fill in those question marks. I would take Hajek pretty easily over Jones though he’s a bit better than Lindgren. We also have Rykov on the left who’s around the same level. K’Andre Miller and Tarmo Reunanen will be in the NHL after next season. All are LHD. And then Fox, Lundkvist, and Keane on the right side

Hajek? The guy that had 5 points in 58 games and was -26 in the AHL? Better than Jones?

Okay, come on now. At a certain point draft pedigree doesn't matter anymore and I think you're at that point. Hajek obviously needs another year in the AHL.

Reactions: iCanada

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hajek? The guy that had 5 points in 58 games and was -26 in the AHL? Better than Jones?

Okay, come on now. At a certain point draft pedigree doesn't matter anymore and I think you're at that point. Hajek obviously needs another year in the AHL.

Hajek looked very well up here during his short stint. The Wolfpack as a group were atrocious and player stats isn't a good representation of their play.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Hajek had his struggles in the AHL but then again, everyone struggled in Hartford. but when he was up in the NHL he was our best defenseman in all the games he played and got heavy praise from Hank. Hajek is ready

Reactions: bernmeister

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hajek looked very well up here during his short stint. The Wolfpack as a group were atrocious and player stats isn't a good representation of their play.

Jones was playing 20 minutes a night here during his callup, and looked pretty darned good doing it - getting tons of praise and trust from Hitchcock. I have no issue with you not wanting a D prospect in the offer, but I don't think there's much of a leg to stand on to say Hajek is better than Jones at this point.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Respectfully, how is a left defence of Skjei-Staal-Smith loaded?

Your RIGHT side looks great, and you've got Miller and Robertson coming to shore the left up, but they're a ways away, are they not?

I think you're under the impression the Rangers are contending for the Stanley Cup and it shows.
Respectfully, take a few minutes and do a little homework on Ranger prospects.
This is an Eklund rumor. Edmonton would love to add Kreider but its not happening.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think you're under the impression the Rangers are contending for the Stanley Cup and it shows.
Respectfully, take a few minutes and do a little homework on Ranger prospects.
This is an Eklund rumor. Edmonton would love to add Kreider but its not happening.

You just brought in a highly sought after defenceman and landed the biggest free agent out there. Hank's nearing geriatric status - if you're not going for it, you're doing it wrong.

I'm pretty well versed in most team's prospects, and I definitely see a hole at LD between what you've got coming and what you've got now.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
You're in desperate need of cap space, right? Bury Smith, that'll buy you a bit Replace him on the roster with one of the young Oiler D that I think would be coming in the trade along with other pieces. Keep your D prospects down, I don't believe many of them are ready anyway with the possible exception of Rykov... but even then, you'd need another defenceman.

Are you seriously giving managerial advice in regards to where Ranger prospects should be playing?
We get it, you'd like to add Kreider but its not happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: UnSandvich

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Are you seriously giving managerial advice in regards to where Ranger prospects should be playing?
We get it, you'd like to add Kreider but its not happening. No need to embarrass yourself by playing armchair GM like this.

I've routinely, regularly, and publicly said that Kreider is one of the most overrated players in the entire NHL, I'm the exact wrong person to accuse of desperately wanting him :laugh:

I'm giving my opinion of a group of D prospects that nearly every one of your fellow fans said struggled mightily last year in the AHL, and you want to graduate them before they're ready because of six meaningless games in a rebuilding season? How Oilers of you.

Reactions: Karsa Orlong

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

AHL means nothing. Also, points aren't everything. Gilmour looks amazing in the AHL. Wanna guess how he looks in the NHL?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Capfriendly has you guys with a shade over 1 mil with DeAngelo and Lemieux still to sign, is that accurate?

NYR shadow roster: Lundqvist, Georgiev; Trouba, Skjei, Staal, Fox, Hajek; Mika, Chytil, Strome; Howden; Panarin, Kreider, Andersson, Namestnikov; Buchnevich, Kakko, Kravtsov, Fast. (Lemieux, DeAngelo unsigned; Smith, Beleskey AHL). Cap $77.815M, space $3.685M

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
AHL means nothing. Also, points aren't everything. Gilmour looks amazing in the AHL. Wanna guess how he looks in the NHL?

Yeah, f*** development! Why even have lesser leagues? :laugh:

It's okay to say your player wasn't very good for most of last year and should probably get more time. I'm an Oiler fan, we're experts at rushing and ruining prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad