Eklund Rumor: Oilers interested in Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Kreider is getting what Hayes go or he's not getting traded. That is a mid round to late 1st plus a descent young player

They can just wait till the deadline as they should be just trying to develop the kids this year anyway.

Reactions: Kallio and bl02

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Kreider is getting what Hayes go or he's not getting traded. That is a mid round to late 1st plus a descent young player

They can just wait till the deadline as they should be just trying to develop the kids this year anyway.

If anything, the market has shown that it can vary greatly.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I've routinely, regularly, and publicly said that Kreider is one of the most overrated players in the entire NHL, I'm the exact wrong person to accuse of desperately wanting him :laugh:

I'm giving my opinion of a group of D prospects that nearly every one of your fellow fans said struggled mightily last year in the AHL, and you want to graduate them before they're ready because of six meaningless games in a rebuilding season? How Oilers of you.
how is kreider overrated lol? hes one of the best two way wingers in the league

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
replace barely with not
But he's gonna break out ! , well prob not on the rangers this year unless panarin or krieder play rw instead of their normal left.

But anyways isn't this so the rangers can get cap before the season starts if they want to maximize him at the deadline that's fine but who else are they trading instead

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
His career high is 53 points, that’s *barely* first line numbers.
by my rapm based metric he’s literally the second best winger in the league behind only stone. granted hall kucherov radulov and zucker among others are also very close, but calling kreider a top 10 winger is far from a stretch

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
by my rapm based metric he’s literally the second best winger in the league behind only stone. granted hall kucherov radulov and zucker among others are also very close, but calling kreider a top 10 winger is far from a stretch

:laugh: sure thing buddy. Kreider isn’t even top ten in his position, let alone overall wingers.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
No one is going to give you what you got for Hayes considering every other team just witnessed Winnipeg lose hard on that trade and led them to a first round exit and on top of that the guy signed for 7 million a year. Oilers definitely aren't going to follow that model and lose a first rounder for a guy who is a year from being massively overpaid and the next boat anchor.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
No one is going to give you what you got for Hayes considering every other team just witnessed Winnipeg lose hard on that trade and led them to a first round exit and on top of that the guy signed for 7 million a year. Oilers definitely aren't going to follow that model and lose a first rounder for a guy who is a year from being massively overpaid and the next boat anchor.
Some team will overpay for Kreider at the deadline. It happens every year. However, the Rangers need to wait until then. He is worth much less right now. I suspect the Rangers are going to wait until the deadline. If they weren’t, Kreider would already be a Shark. We need a guy like him and DW wouldn’t miss out if he could be had on the cheap.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't get it either.

Buchnevich
Kaapo
Kravtsov
Fast

Are all but locks for our 4 RW.
What are we going to do with Poolparty?
Pulujarvi has played both sides.

Anyway, the 1st won't happen, but 1st value might. If you consider Ethan Bear and a 2nd as equivalent value for a late 1st then we have a starting point. I would do this 2 parts, Pulujarvi, and Gagner (upcoming UFA, need the cap space), as long as our management team can chat about extension first. That's a lot of quality going over for a year.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Reactions: Shootertooter

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

Anyway, the 1st won't happen, but 1st value might. If you consider Ethan Bear and a 2nd as equivalent value for a late 1st then we have a starting point. I would do this 2 parts, Pulujarvi, and Gagner (upcoming UFA, need the cap space), as long as our management team can chat about extension first. That's a lot of quality going over for a year.

We honestly don't need Bear either though.

We're so deep on D that whether we keep Skjei long term or not, NYR will probably deal some of the guys sooner or later as they develope for other areas of need, or package deals for upgrades.

Lindgren, Hajek, Fox, DeAngelo, Trouba, Skjei, K'Andre Miller, Robertson, Keane, Rykov, Reunanen, Lundqvist.

NYR is loaded with now & later sub 26 year old defenceman and 3 of them are "question marks" to be NHL level players.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
some contender at the deadline will be stupid enough to give us the same.package as Winnipeg

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

This tells me your RAPM metric is pretty awful.

Or that you’re using one stat (as usual) to access a player being good or not,

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

That is a massive overstatement. Maybe recheck your numbers and if they still add up to Kreider being the 2nd best winger in the league, throw out your advanced analytics and start again.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
But he's gonna break out ! , well prob not on the rangers this year unless panarin or krieder play rw instead of their normal left.

But anyways isn't this so the rangers can get cap before the season starts if they want to maximize him at the deadline that's fine but who else are they trading instead

FFS no, the Rangers are not moving Kreider for cap reasons.
They can make other moves to get the cap they need. You don't trade a very good asset in a cap move because you never get value.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

As previously pointed out.....NY is not looking for Bear because they have a pretty deep defensive pool. Pulju does not move the needle as he won't be a top 4 for us. And the 2nd becomes meh. If there is going to be an extension there is going to be a first or conditional in the deal based on that extension.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Chychrun, Fischer, & a conditional 1st for Kreider & Fast. A lot for 2 forwards on the last year of their contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->