Eklund Rumor: Oilers interested in Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You scoff at points which shows tangible production and then attempt to use +/- as a factor to support why you feel Nieves is defensively superior. Never mind the fact he is a career +1, which you obviously didn't know. None of your argument here holds any water.

"His +/- also attests to superior defense, which is important."- You seriously said this.

Your efforts to simply insist on the reverse of what I am saying will not be successful in the end.
Truth ultimately prevails.

A person who plays on 4th line on a bad team which has several guys in negative territory and manages not have a huge minus attached to his name deserves acknowledgment of credit for doing well under difficult circumstances.

Give that same player the ideal complementary mix and see with an open mind what happens.

While some guys (MacLeod) will not show marketedly better results with better guys because THEY do not have the skills is dif.
Nieves is not MacL.
Your insistence that he is only that is wrong.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Is he still fast? Double hip surgery can sap something like that REAL quick

His skating has actually improved after the surgery...it’s not like he had his hips replaced. The surgery allows better and pain free range of motion in his skating stride now.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Nieves has had the opportunity to display his skill since his early days in Syracuse Jr. Nationals Midget team. He had the same chance in Kent School. And in Michigan. And in Hartford. You suggesting he's never had the chance is nonsense.

He has never, ever been anything special offensively. His ceiling is a bottom 6 center. You honestly believe he'll be able to play regular shifts against guys like Crosby? Bergeron? Aho? MacKinnon? McDavid? Just stop.

It's one thing to throw a creative idea out there. Trying to force it down everyone's throats is just silly though. I honestly don't think you've watched more than a dozen games from Boo with how you're trying to describe his play.

It’s ridiculous and a double standard.

Reactions: doomscroll and Kupo

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
we are done
I disagree and we will leave it at that.
If I parse your insistence on remaining contrary to the point it excludes reality to fit your narrative, we will really go on for volumes.

we will wait and see.
remember he who laughs last, laughs best

I don't have a narrative....I just respond to your craziness.
I look at it like this.......there simply is or there isn't. Zib is/was Kreider's C....Nieves isn't and has never been and won't be because he is not a good enough player. You don;' have to agree but it is true, there are better players ahead of him in the depth chart. No matter how many times you falsely pump Nieves into some super player that he isn't, nothing changes. Everyone else here sees the same thing as well.
I don't understand how anyone can go so far off the reservation to need to be "correct" like you do.
Your inane theories and ridiculous proposals are not reality.

Reality is currently Zib centering Kreider.......remember that.
Your "reality" has never existed and won't......remember that too.

Reactions: Kupo

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
kreider would do real damage beside mcdavid
The Oilers thought Hall, Eberle, Lucic, and Puljujarvi would do damage with McDavid. Kassian will be just fine on the top line and get 20+ goals
The Oilers need a winger for RNH's line

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Your efforts to simply insist on the reverse of what I am saying will not be successful in the end.
Truth ultimately prevails.

A person who plays on 4th line on a bad team which has several guys in negative territory and manages not have a huge minus attached to his name deserves acknowledgment of credit for doing well under difficult circumstances.

Give that same player the ideal complementary mix and see with an open mind what happens.

While some guys (MacLeod) will not show marketedly better results with better guys because THEY do not have the skills is dif.
Nieves is not MacL.
Your insistence that he is only that is wrong.

No, actually you made the comparison between he and MaCleod, not me.
I simply said Nieves doesn't possess any skills that make him a special player.
That you are trying to invent reasons for why he should be a top 6C is silly.

You also said this stupid crap........"His +/- also attests to superior defense".
The guy is a +1 for his career, not just last season. Your quote is simply inaccurate. That isn't superior defense. Me pointing out that you are inaccurate......that is the truth prevailing.

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
No, actually you made the comparison between he and MaCleod, not me.
I simply said Nieves doesn't possess any skills that make him a special player.
That you are trying to invent reasons for why he should be a top ^C is silly.

You also said this stupid crap........"His +/- also attests to superior defense".
The guy is a +1 for his career, not just last season. Your quote is simply inaccurate. That isn't superior defense. Me pointing out that you are inaccurate......that is the truth prevailing.

I seriously don’t get how he can’t see any of this. It’s absolutely baffling. If Quinn thought anything more of Nieves than a 4th line center, logic would dictate that he’d get his chance. Buchnevich even earned Quinn’s trust for f***’s sake.

It absolutely lunacy and he hijacks every thread with it.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I see three bottom pairing/7th D type guys... how is that still loaded?
You don’t know what you see since they’re all prospects. Prospects who will get an opportunity on a rebuilding team.

Let me throw K’Andre’s name out there too who has more upside and talent than all of them.

Rangers don’t need more defensive prospects.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
It was a huge point of discussion on whether Karlsson was going to be a "rental" for the Sharks or not.

First sentence of this article:
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/san-jose-sharks-re-sign-erik-karlsson-1.5178164

This is a pointless argument, but to everyone saying the industry does not refer to guys with one year on their contract as a "rental", clearly Karlsson was referred to that way.

As such, I would offer a conditional 2nd 2021 pick, Puljujarvi, and a 2021 3rd round pick.

If Kreider re-signs with Edmonton the 2nd becomes a protected 1st rounder in 2022.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
And how do any of us know this? So you’re playing semantics based on a hypothetical that we don’t have a concrete answer to?

He might want to re-sign, but I don't think there's any way the Oilers can afford him on a Hayes-esqe extension(which I assume he'll be looking for).

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
He might want to re-sign, but I don't think there's any way the Oilers can afford him on a Hayes-esqe extension(which I assume he'll be looking for).

That’s a possibility, but who really knows?

It’s just presumptuous of any of us to say that this player wants to do this or that when there’s being nothing reported.

I understand that Edmonton may not make sense, but he’s not a rental at this point. If he gets dealt at the deadline, then he absolutely is one.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
That’s a possibility, but who really knows?

It’s just presumptuous of any of us to say that this player wants to do this or that when there’s being nothing reported.

I understand that Edmonton may not make sense, but he’s not a rental at this point. If he gets dealt at the deadline, then he absolutely is one.
How did we reach the point where teams want to make trades and not assume any risk?

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad