Pre-Game Talk: Oilers hit the beach for Fall break in Ft Lauderdale vs the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Sure boss.

A multimillionaire player the team has high expectations of and who has sucked so much he's practically HS is sitting up there eating potato chips DURING the few hours of employ a pro hockey team actually has, DESPITE a headcoach advocating a fitness and health regime and you don't think theres a problem? This is BLATANT disregard for what the headcoach is requiring from his players and a little shocking its happening at this place of employ and during the few business hours that there are.

lol that HNIC caught it. A camera crew felt it was interesting enough..

But then you're the same poster thinking its fine some players on a team go on a bender after getting blown out of their home rink once again. Apparently anything is fine. Just don't get arrested or anything.

I wonder if you and other realize how ridiculous and entitled you sound when they start harping on these little trivialities (btw what's this nonsense about "a bender"?) It's actually quite creepy the degree to which fans here think they can dictate what players should do with their time.

The reason stuff like this bothers some fans is we pretty much realize how dialed in these players are.

Right because I'm sure winning teams don't go out for drinks after losses and their injured players live on water and moldy grapes.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Schultz and Belov are both out for tomorrow? Gross.

Smid-Petry
Ference-N.Schultz
Larsen-Potter/Grebeshkov

My god that's ugly.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I wonder if you and other realize how ridiculous and entitled you sound when they start harping on these little trivialities (btw what's this nonsense about "a bender"?) It's actually quite creepy the degree to which fans here think they can dictate what players should do with their time.

Right because I'm sure winning teams don't go out for drinks after losses and their injured players live on water and moldy grapes.

You don't get what caring looks like, thats fine.

Glenn Hall threw up before every game. I realize that kind of caring is gone but when two players the club is tossing millions/year at look less concerned about a horrendous game then anybody sitting in the stands something is wrong.

The TV crew apparently thought enough of this as well to hilite it. I thought it was hilarious tbh.

The camera can pan on virtually any face in the crowd. A look of concern or disgust is etched on almost any face. All game. Although we know which faces don't have the slightest concern. Lets remember the context here is the worst couple of games EVER played by a homeside on Rexall ice. It isn't just another game.

How odd that I would expect the players to have even the level of engagement that most of the fans in the building would. But then they're not concerned about paying for tickets or parking or anything. They're getting paid countless millions for not having a care in the world. Rock on, what a gig.

Last edited:

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Gotta admit, Ekblad and Nurse are going to look very nice on the back end next year.

Ference - Nurse
Petry - Ekblad
Klefbom - J Schultz

If they are going to bomb this season, I hope they are in a position to grab Ekblad.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is it wrong that I'm almost looking forward to this club facing the Flyers. With Dubnyk in net...

Need to get them going and it's a big two points.

By them... I mean the Flyers. And by big two points... I mean the Flyers.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
You don't get what caring looks like, thats fine.

Maybe not, but i sure know what caring too much about the wrong things looks like.

Glenn Hall threw up before every game. I realize that kind of caring is gone but when two players the club is tossing millions/year at look less concerned about a horrendous game then anybody sitting in the stands something is wrong.

Yeah I wish our players were ridden with anxiety.

The TV crew apparently thought enough of this as well to hilite it. I thought it was hilarious tbh.

The camera can pan on virtually any face in the crowd. A look of concern or disgust is etched on almost any face. All game. Although we know which faces don't have the slightest concern. Lets remember the context here is the worst couple of games EVER played by a homeside on Rexall ice. It isn't just another game.

Yeah I wonder why they'd pan to the press box where two of the Oilers young core are sitting.

How odd that I would expect the players to have even the level of engagement that most of the fans in the building would. But then they're not concerned about paying for tickets or parking or anything. They're getting paid countless millions for not having a care in the world. Rock on, what a gig.

Just curious: at what university did you get your degree in Armchair Psychology?

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Our injured players aren't showing enough disdain and contempt in the press box. There's 3 periods in a game, and we're only getting a 20 minute negative facial expression effort, 40 max. We can't have people eating a snack in the press box unless they look like they just smelled the depths of one of Jay Feaster's neck folds. ****ing outrage, this team! And Hall? Actually having the audacity to send a text message during a game? Unbelievable. What more can you say? That's a black stain on the organization that we'll have to live with forever

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
What was he supposed to be doing, whipping himself? Eat rusty nails?

Rusty nails would be sweet, but it would keep him out longer... I'd go with some turbo laxative instead.. ala Van Wylder.. and the players shouldnt be texting imo they should be studying the freaking system by watching the game from the pb where they never get to see it from.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Gotta admit, Ekblad and Nurse are going to look very nice on the back end next year.

Ference - Nurse
Petry - Ekblad
Klefbom - J Schultz

If they are going to bomb this season, I hope they are in a position to grab Ekblad.

If the Oilers play Nurse more than 9 games next year, let alone on the first pairing, we are just asking for trouble.

Patience young grasshopper, the Pieteranglo-esqe development startegy is the way to go.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Guilty as charged. Part of being a fan.

Disagree. It's one thing to be critical of the team on the ice where the evidence is right before everyone's eyes, another to start making pronouncements about a total stranger's psyche based on flimsy circumstantial and anecdotal proof. I've said it before, I guess I'll say it again: we don't know these people, why pretend we do?

I wish they cared

They might not care. They might care a lot. You sure can't tell from where you're sitting.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
....Joensuu and Hall targetting a return on Saturday versus Philly. Stauffer says Hall was flying out there... but man, I'm worried about that knee.

Me, too. I worry he might reinjure it diving for a spike playing beach volleyball.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I'd like to look at a replay of Schultz stuffing his mouth.

Based on his play since March of last season...I'm having a hard time believing he managed to execute more than 2 consecutive hand to mouth exchanges without either choking or falling off his chair and bumping his head.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Our injured players aren't showing enough disdain and contempt in the press box. There's 3 periods in a game, and we're only getting a 20 minute negative facial expression effort, 40 max. We can't have people eating a snack in the press box unless they look like they just smelled the depths of one of Jay Feaster's neck folds. ****ing outrage, this team! And Hall? Actually having the audacity to send a text message during a game? Unbelievable. What more can you say? That's a black stain on the organization that we'll have to live with forever

:laugh:

Hall's FROWNS/60 is in the toilet.

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Well Schultz probably wasn't taking notes for the same reason he dropped out of college- he hates studying! We can't even be sure if Hall is literate or not...
I think we should focus on drafting another Boyd Devereaux - scholastic player of the year, and as Sather boasted at the draft, a born again Christian! I bet he wouldn't dare have a sip of alcohol after a game.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Well Schultz probably wasn't taking notes for the same reason he dropped out of college- he hates studying! We can't even be sure if Hall is literate or not...
I think we should focus on drafting another Boyd Devereaux - scholastic player of the year, and as Sather boasted at the draft, a born again Christian! I bet he wouldn't dare have a sip of alcohol after a game.

Actually...

There are a LOT of NHLers who subscribe to the same behavior(s) in regards to booze.

I can't say it's "most" of them...but...its a big number. Don't kid yourself.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
We beyond need to win these next two games. If we can, maybe we can get some confidence back, and pick up some momentum. If not, something needs to change.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Disagree. It's one thing to be critical of the team on the ice where the evidence is right before everyone's eyes, another to start making pronouncements about a total stranger's psyche based on flimsy circumstantial and anecdotal proof. I've said it before, I guess I'll say it again: we don't know these people, why pretend we do?

They might not care. They might care a lot. You sure can't tell from where you're sitting.

Things I do know.

The team captain, Ference, disgusted in whats gone on with the team, with the attitudes, and calling out the lack of attention to detail on this club. A believer in dedication to fitness, 100% commitment himself.

A coach wanting the players to practice elite healthy regimen and one of his players sitting AT THE GAME munching on potato chips.

With the latter, heres the thing. When I was competitively training potato chips and junk food weren't in my diet, period, for well over a decade. or anybody else I would train with. I wasn't even a professional athlete, just dedicated. People that train to that degree or have had any experience with that know how much that junk food puts you off that game. Nobody seriously training stuffs junk food down their face and expects any great results.
Peak fitness is an all in or not complete to compete lifestyle.

you either get this or not.

I expect more out of professional highly paid athletes that are hired to be the best they can be.

Although I expect it wouldn not be hard to see some of these guys going out ordering pizza and drinking beer.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Actually...

There are a LOT of NHLers who subscribe to the same behavior(s) in regards to booze.

I can't say it's "most" of them...but...its a big number. Don't kid yourself.

Also, most born agains do consume alcohol.

Back on topic, I'm really pissed that we have a team three hours south that doesn't have our talent but has way more desire and is kicking our arses in the standings. Put their hearts into our players and we'd have a playoff contender here.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
And you know they weren't because of a short TV clip showing them doing other things? Good grief, fans of this team are ridiculous.

agreed.

also, the Eakins "survival of the fittest / perfect specimen / quazi-nazi" health regiment is hilarious.

then acting like he's in a mysterious tar pit he can't even solve. "i didnt know it was this bad" paraphrased from whatever idiotic detached statement he made.

"you can't eat potato chips or popcorn. youre a 23 year old who burns calories like a furnace from playing hockey all the time. NO JUNK FOOD OR THE FASCIST HOCKEY REGIME WILL NEVER TAKE OFF. it's a symbolic representation of EVIL FOOD."

hockey as dogmatic scientism = great times

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Text messages and popcorn?

3782769+_7d8fb274f67466af7e50b012a5b36fdb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad