Pre-Game Talk: Oilers hit the beach for Fall break in Ft Lauderdale vs the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
While Edmonton starts into the lovely winter weather the oilers will be hitting the beach in Ft Lauderdale (that is where the panthers play)-Live there for awhile and two bars for the to check out is the Quarterdeck and the Elbow Room--Elbow is on the beach--but the Quarterdeck is more laidback. For cheap beers they can hit the Ft Lauderdale saloon--best "old school" bar in the state

game time is 19:30 est or 17:30 Edmonton time
Suicide watch on this board will start shortly there afterward
the first fire Lowe thread will appear at about 6pm Edmonton time with it being locked at about 601pm.
The first trade offer on the main board will be Ott and Miller for Yakupov and Hall at about 18:30

current weather in Edmonton is a balmy 6 tomorrow is over cast with scattered rain with a high of 12 and a low of 6--in Ft Lauderdale it is chilly 26 with the forecast tomorrow of high 27 and a low of 26

Last edited by a moderator:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Spring+Break+Season+Begins+South+Beach+YKzJHraAz6il.jpg

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Moving these posts over....

@Bob_Stauffer
Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov, Hemsky-RNH-Eberle, Jones-Gordon-Arcobello, Gazdic-Acron-Eager

Lines that make sense? Is this a dream? I dunno where else to put this.

wow, this is almost the first time all season that the lines make sense

almost everybody is playing in position, and the only players that aren't are hemsky (who is a vet and should handle the move okay) and arco (who can play wing just fine).... lets hope that yak never sees the left side again... moving hemsky or eberle just makes too much sense.... ... smyth is playing too high in the lineup, but thats due to injury, so its forgivable

You could start up a pre game thread if you want. I still would prefer that Arco go back to C, and Acton get sent down.

Pfft, I'm a GDT guy. You wouldn't ask Hollywood to slum it and make Indy films. :sarcasm:

Maybe I'll make Oilbleeder make a Pre Game Thread. Dance puppet. Muahahah.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
While Edmonton starts into the lovely winter weather the oilers will be hitting the beach in Ft Lauderdale (that is where the panthers play)-Live there for awhile and two bars for the to check out is the Quarterdeck and the Elbow Room--Elbow is on the beach--but the Quarterdeck is more laidback. For cheap beers they can hit the Ft Lauderdale saloon--best "old school" bar in the state

game time is 19:30 est or 17:30 Edmonton time
Suicide watch on this board will start shortly there afterward
the first fire Lowe thread will appear at about 6pm Edmonton time with it being locked at about 601pm.
The first trade offer on the main board will be Ott and Miller for Yakupov and Hall at about 18:30

current weather in Edmonton is a balmy 6 tomorrow is over cast with scattered rain with a high of 12 and a low of 6--in Ft Lauderdale it is chilly 26 with the forecast tomorrow of high 27 and a low of 26

man I wish

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Can anybody get a gif of Justin Scultz chowing down the popcorn like he didn't have a care in the world last game?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What was he supposed to be doing, whipping himself? Eat rusty nails?

lol, I had to rewind to see the shot after hearing about it. Was expecting something really bad. Instead, it was a 3 second shot of not happy or mad expressions (about the same as we saw of Lowe/MacT), and Schultz puts a few pieces of popcorn in his mouth cause he's hungry. Unacceptable!!! :sarcasm:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

The game is going on, the team on the ice getting disemboweled, and J Schultz is munching potato chips with a grin and all the mirth of a kid in a movie snacking. (while the coach behind the bench would probably not approve of the dietary regimen)

While Taylor Hall is next to him texting/checking messages with complete detachment.

Maybe not symbolic, but not something I'd be be doing or would think is good taste at the time.

Eakins has several times stated that when he was ever an HS, or injured, he wouldn't be spending time up there munching popcorn, he would be paying attention to the game, taking notes, and learning something from watching.

T Hall, J Schultz not being particularly good students but then we already knew that.

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
I'm making the GDT for tomorrow's game - it will be up on game day at some point...hopefully by 1:00 at the latest. This thread will be good until then.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011

Calm down, it was just a hilarious moment in a gongshow of a game that I find important. Plus, I think that GIF has potential to be used whenever we see Schultz make another careless/lazy play in his own zone.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
The game is going on, the team on the ice getting disemboweled, and J Schultz is munching potato chips with a grin and all the mirth of a kid in a movie snacking. (while the coach behind the bench would probably not approve of the dietary regimen)

While Taylor Hall is next to him texting/checking messages with complete detachment.

Maybe not symbolic, but not something I'd be be doing or would think is good taste at the time.

Eakins has several times stated that when he was ever an HS, or injured, he wouldn't be spending time up there munching popcorn, he would be paying attention to the game, taking notes, and learning something from watching.

T Hall, J Schultz not being particularly good students but then we already knew that.

And you know they weren't because of a short TV clip showing them doing other things? Good grief, fans of this team are ridiculous.

VA Oil

Oiler fan in Virginia
Dec 3, 2010
Danville, VA

What exactly should they be learning? How not to play hockey? No one on the team gives a damn? At this point people are just nitpicking at whatever they can.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003

I wish CBC had a camera trained on the two of them the entire game. They could have put a little box at the bottom of the screen so we could watch their reaction to the play. Maybe a counter in another corner keeping track of how often Hall checks his phone, or how many napkins Schultz uses to wipe his buttery fingers.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Just what we need...a lazy team lounging around on the beach chatting up bathing-suit-clad beauties. They should be really ready to go when the puck drops.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
And you know they weren't because of a short TV clip showing them doing other things? Good grief, fans of this team are ridiculous.

Right.

A multimillionaire player the team has high expectations of and who has sucked so much he's practically HS is sitting up there eating potato chips DURING the few hours of employ a pro hockey team actually has, DESPITE a headcoach advocating a fitness and health regime and you don't think theres a problem? This is BLATANT disregard for what the headcoach is requiring from his players and a little shocking its happening at this place of employ and during the few business hours that there are.

lol that HNIC caught it. A camera crew felt it was interesting enough..

But then you're the same poster thinking its fine some players on a team go on a bender after getting blown out of their home rink once again. Apparently anything is fine. Just don't get arrested or anything.

The reason stuff like this bothers some fans is we pretty much realize how dialed in these players are.

At this point my Schadenfreude would pay to watch these players bag skated and barfing up snack food.

Fans are disgusted, reactions like this are going to occur. Unfortunately some of the star players on the club aren't having those reactions. I imagine Ference will have a few words with some of these guys.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Calm down, it was just a hilarious moment in a gongshow of a game that I find important. Plus, I think that GIF has potential to be used whenever we see Schultz make another careless/lazy play in his own zone.

It was hilarious J Schultz looked amused and like he didn't have a care in the world while his club was getting murdered on the ice.

A club that has been blown out 4 games in a row at home and outscored 17-2.

Not the least bit upsetting apparently. Too bad Shultz's detached grin didn't match the concern of everybody else in the building.

It is caption worthy.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Neither Belov or J. Schultz are playing tomorrow. A defensemen will be called up.

Ryan Smyth returns tomorrow.

Joensuu and Hall targetting a return on Saturday versus Philly. Stauffer says Hall was flying out there... but man, I'm worried about that knee.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
It was hilarious J Schultz looked amused and like he didn't have a care in the world while his club was getting murdered on the ice.

A club that has been blown out 4 games in a row at home and outscored 17-2.

Not the least bit upsetting apparently. Too bad Shultz's detached grin didn't match the concern of everybody else in the building.

It is caption worthy.

I could understand the outrage if it was MacT or Lowe instead, but is it seriously worth it to get so worked up about a clip that lasted a few seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->