Pre-Game Talk: Oilers hit the beach for Fall break in Ft Lauderdale vs the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
With the latter, heres the thing. When I was competitively training potato chips and junk food weren't in my diet, period, for well over a decade. or anybody else I would train with. I wasn't even a professional athlete, just dedicated. People that train to that degree or have had any experience with that know how much that junk food puts you off that game. Nobody seriously training stuffs junk food down their face and expects any great results.
Peak fitness is an all in or not complete to compete lifestyle.

fake. Chad Johnson says hi from McDonalds (along with all kinds of other people who become exceptions to the min/max optimization diet cults)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Man you know things are bad for a team when a PGT has gone 3 pages and no one has yet made fun of the Panthers. As a Panthers fan, I think we can all agree that even though one of these teams has to win tomorrow, we both still lose in the long run.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Man you know things are bad for a team when a PGT has gone 3 pages and no one has yet made fun of the Panthers. As a Panthers fan, I think we can all agree that even though one of these teams has to win tomorrow, we both still lose in the long run.

Hey Panthers fan, how has Ryan Whitney been so far? Looks like he sat 9 straight games as a healthy scratch. Hope he is the lineup on Tuesday. And how's Tom Gilbert performing?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hey Panthers fan, how has Ryan Whitney been so far? Looks like he sat 9 straight games as a healthy scratch. Hope he is the lineup on Tuesday. And how's Tom Gilbert performing?

Whitney hasn't been good, that foot injury really hurt him. He'll stay the 7th dman until the TDL, fill in as a 5 or 6 the rest of the season, and that'll likely be the end of his nhl career, he can't cut it anymore. Gilbert has also been awful, but he'll catch on with another team.

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
I would recommend the Miami Beach Golf Club for 18 holes just off of South Beach as a good warm-up for this spring.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
If the Oilers play Nurse more than 9 games next year, let alone on the first pairing, we are just asking for trouble.

Patience young grasshopper, the Pieteranglo-esqe development startegy is the way to go.

While I agree to a point, not all players development curve will be the same. In training camp, Nurse really looked like he was on the same level as most of our current D-Men, actually look quite a bit more poised than a lot of them.

If we drafted Ekblad, would you advocate the same thing for him?

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
i'm with Replacement on that matter. if them lot cannot do jack on ice, at least they should try not to add to the gong show by giving reasons to slag them off for off-ice antics. as small and irrelevant a detail the chips story is, it is still a thing a professional has to avoid. i find it funny that basically the same people who tend to frown upon Yakupov and Hertl's goals being signs of disrespect to the sport have no qualms about good Canadian boys acting silly.

i would like to know what would some of the posters defending them say if it was Nail or Belov or Nichushkin or Grigorenko seen eating chips in the stands on their off-day or hitting the boozer after the game. you know that i try to never play the nationality card, but this is ridiculous. those guys have done nothing yet to justify lack of off-ice discipline, beside being high-profile young Canadian hockey players. and no, scoring a bunch of points while failing to lead their team anywhere doesn't count as having done something.

i would also like to ask poster Moose Coleman not to bother replying to my post, as we both know it's not going to end well if he does.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
i'm with Replacement on that matter. if them lot cannot do jack on ice, at least they should try not to add to the gong show by giving reasons to slag them off for off-ice antics. as small and irrelevant a detail the chips story is, it is still a thing a professional has to avoid. i find it funny that basically the same people who tend to frown upon Yakupov and Hertl's goals being signs of disrespect to the sport have no qualms about good Canadian boys acting silly.

i would like to know what would some of the posters defending them say if it was Nail or Belov or Nichushkin or Grigorenko seen eating chips in the stands on their off-day or hitting the boozer after the game. you know that i try to never play the nationality card, but this is ridiculous. those guys have done nothing yet to justify lack of off-ice discipline, beside being high-profile young Canadian hockey players. and no, scoring a bunch of points while failing to lead their team anywhere doesn't count as having done something.

i would also like to ask poster Moose Coleman not to bother replying to my post, as we both know it's not going to end well if he does.

Our "good ol' Canadian boys" are entitled little brats, plain and simple. I'd love to hear a argument claiming otherwise. I've never in my entire life seen such lack of heart and effort on ice compared to our young guys. I mean this is ridiculous, even the ****ing party boys down in Colorado got their heads out their *****, and began to listen to their coach and actually give half a ****. At what point, honestly, at what ****ing point is this team going to wake up. It's year 3 for Eberle, and he still doesn't understand that toe drags don't work and that you need to play at both ends of ice to be successful in this league. But guess who gets the blame, the young Russian with 60 games under his belt, that actually gives a **** and wants to improve. If our young guys aren't going to put in the work, this rebuild is futile.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Well Schultz probably wasn't taking notes for the same reason he dropped out of college- he hates studying! We can't even be sure if Hall is literate or not...
I think we should focus on drafting another Boyd Devereaux - scholastic player of the year, and as Sather boasted at the draft, a born again Christian! I bet he wouldn't dare have a sip of alcohol after a game.

But, would he dare eat popcorn or check his cellphone in the press box?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Didn't Usain Bolt say he had thousands of McNuggets during the Olympics?

Doesn't Phelps have some ridiculous calorie diet?

Also popcorn is better than chips, at any rate.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Lol I didn't know Gilbert and Whitney were still in the league

Whitney is garbage, but Gilbert has been playing big (and tough) minutes for them and coming out ahead. He's probably their best Dman and a legitimate top 4 guy. At worst, he'd be our #2 defenseman behind Petry, and in all honesty, I might argue he'd be our #1.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

attachment.php

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Didn't Usain Bolt say he had thousands of McNuggets during the Olympics?

Doesn't Phelps have some ridiculous calorie diet?

did you just bring up Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps as comparables for Justin Schultz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->