Pre-Game Talk: Oilers hit the beach for Fall break in Ft Lauderdale vs the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers recall Taylor Fedun (@tfedun88) from @OKCBarons. pic.twitter.com/xM1voAjc8U

Taylor Fedun wins. He'll be in the lineup tomorrow. First NHL game for him, right?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers recall Taylor Fedun (@tfedun88) from @OKCBarons. pic.twitter.com/xM1voAjc8U

Taylor Fedun wins. He'll be in the lineup tomorrow. First NHL game for him, right?

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
Based on twitter, e-mails, texts to @OilersNow SOME have U have given up on some of the kids. Fickle lot...we'll C where we R at in a week

I don't think fickle is the right word for oiler fans. What a puppet.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
@EdmontonOilers

I'd say "break a leg" but that might be a bit, eh, inappropriate.

No but seriously, congrats to the kid, good on him for staying on course after that horrible injury.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Fickle lot? The arrogance is stupefying.

giphy.gif

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Fine. I can be a member of a fickle lot. I guess if I'm fickle I can base my patronage on whatever my fickle little Tier 1.5 self wants. I'm going to pick.... WINS! You win, my fickle heart will be waaaaay less fickle.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
It's so pathetic that we are a month into the season and already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Basically.

**** this team. There is no fixing this pathetic squad unless we get rid of Eberle, Yakupov, J.Schultz, Smyth, N.Schultz, Ference, Dubnyk, Labarbera, Jones, Acton, Hamilton

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Perron-Gagner-???
Joensuu-Gordon-???
Gazdic-???-???

Smid-Petry
???-???
???-Belov
Larsen

???
Bachman

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Did you guys know I haven't seen an ad in years...and I haven't paid a penny?

Download Firefox or Chrome then download ******* Plus.

:yo:

the internet is a horrible place without that addon.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
It's so pathetic that we are a month into the season and already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Basically.

**** this team. There is no fixing this pathetic squad unless we get rid of Eberle, Yakupov, J.Schultz, Smyth, N.Schultz, Ference, Dubnyk, Labarbera, Jones, Acton, Hamilton

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Perron-Gagner-???
Joensuu-Gordon-???
Gazdic-???-???

Smid-Petry
???-???
???-Belov
Larsen

???
Bachman

Hey guys. Islander fan comes in peace. Didn't realize the record you guys had and just saw it. I'm amazed with the talent on paper not producing. I had to ask for my own knowledge, and where better to come, but what is the problem? You guys have so many amazing players. I really want to see the isles and oilers head to head in the near future. We have our own problems but can anyone give me insight into the problems?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Hey guys. Islander fan comes in peace. Didn't realize the record you guys had and just saw it. I'm amazed with the talent on paper not producing. I had to ask for my own knowledge, and where better to come, but what is the problem? You guys have so many amazing players. I really want to see the isles and oilers head to head in the near future. We have our own problems but can anyone give me insight into the problems?

1. Very soft team. At least 1 roster player gets injured every game.
2. Awful defensively.
3. Not enough depth role players.
4. Embarrassing special teams.
5. Bachmann and Dubnyk are out thus putting the team into the need for the 4th string goalie. Oh and goaltending has been awful.
6. "Skilled" players like Eberle and Yakupov not getting it done offensively.
:help:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Fun fact.

If the Oilers could rise up and be a .500 team the rest of the year, they'd have a 97% chance at picking top 5 (unless someone outside the bottom 5 wins the lottery. Also, such a record would give them a 69% chance at finishing last in the conference. Yippee. Progress!!! :handclap::yo:

:cry::help::shakehead

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

on that last point...that generally the Oilers are always trying to push the defense back to create space and it doesnt work at all anymore. IF guys are managing to beat the coverage it is fleeting and there is no puck support or predictable passing leading to fairly constant turnovers. Considering that they have very limited size and toughness against the boards the dump and chase plays are limited to the lines that can't score.

Also, the refs are dumb and they smell bad.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
1. Very soft team. At least 1 roster player gets injured every game.
2. Awful defensively.
3. Not enough depth role players.
4. Embarrassing special teams.
5. Bachmann and Dubnyk are out thus putting the team into the need for the 4th string goalie. Oh and goaltending has been awful.

Yakupov is already -12. How is that? Who are his linemates? I'm amazed that so many players are off. And trust me...i know bad goaltending and defense. Isles would be in first if we had just a tad more d and a goalie that wasnt a rebound *****. I think this team needs that "ahaa" moment where they beat the crap out of a team just to bring out their rage. I hope you guys turn it around. Look at the av's...out of nowhere!

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
The game is going on, the team on the ice getting disemboweled, and J Schultz is munching potato chips with a grin and all the mirth of a kid in a movie snacking. (while the coach behind the bench would probably not approve of the dietary regimen)

While Taylor Hall is next to him texting/checking messages with complete detachment.

Maybe not symbolic, but not something I'd be be doing or would think is good taste at the time.

Eakins has several times stated that when he was ever an HS, or injured, he wouldn't be spending time up there munching popcorn, he would be paying attention to the game, taking notes, and learning something from watching.

T Hall, J Schultz not being particularly good students but then we already knew that.

You can't fault the kid for having the munchies..

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
Yakupov is already -12. How is that? Who are his linemates? I'm amazed that so many players are off. And trust me...i know bad goaltending and defense. Isles would be in first if we had just a tad more d and a goalie that wasnt a rebound *****. I think this team needs that "ahaa" moment where they beat the crap out of a team just to bring out their rage. I hope you guys turn it around. Look at the av's...out of nowhere!

Tbh, it makes things worse.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Fun fact.

If the Oilers could rise up and be a .500 team the rest of the year, they'd have a 97% chance at picking top 5 (unless someone outside the bottom 5 wins the lottery. Also, such a record would give them a 69% chance at finishing last in the conference. Yippee. Progress!!! :handclap::yo:

:cry::help::shakehead

I don't think some oilers fans realize how ****ing gold this is.

3 overalls and 5 years of tanking.

And we're still drafting top 3-5.

Sloth Slothersons*

I for one cannot believe they are not taking notes on every single play. Nor are they wearing their jerseys or cheering on the team. They should honestly be working out while watching the game.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Perron-Gagner-???
Joensuu-Gordon-???
Gazdic-???-???

Smid-Petry
???-???
???-Belov
Larsen

???
Bachman

You wanna get rid of a bunch of guys but choose to keep Hemsky, Gagner, Smid, Belov and Larsen?

You must be beyond frustrated, your not thinking clearly.

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
Based on twitter, e-mails, texts to @OilersNow SOME have U have given up on some of the kids. Fickle lot...we'll C where we R at in a week

I don't think fickle is the right word for oiler fans. What a puppet.

No point in using the proper words to describe Stauffer, the filter would pick them up. He is one giant POS.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
It was hilarious J Schultz looked amused and like he didn't have a care in the world while his club was getting murdered on the ice.

A club that has been blown out 4 games in a row at home and outscored 17-2.

Not the least bit upsetting apparently. Too bad Shultz's detached grin didn't match the concern of everybody else in the building.

It is caption worthy.

This is what you're mad about?

XopbzdO.gif

Plus, I think that GIF has potential to be used whenever we see Schultz make another careless/lazy play in his own zone.

AF83upP.gif

It's too bad about the obstruction... could've been perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->