Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Hawks game 4 @ 4:45 pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
NHL gets what they f***ing deserve lol. Both teams should have had a bye

Yup, I want this to happen almost more than I want us to win against Chicago, (even if its Pittsburgh that wins) because it would shine a light on how ridiculously stupid it was to expand the playoffs the way they did. The regular season needs to matter, and with Montreal and Chicago making it in, it completely devalued a regular season that was already mostly finished. I hope Pittsburgh wins and goes on to win another cup next year based on the cap relief of having a star player on a ELC, just to make things even worse for the NHL.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yup, I want this to happen almost more than I want us to win against Chicago, (even if its Pittsburgh that wins) because it would shine a light on how ridiculously stupid it was to expand the playoffs the way they did. The regular season needs to matter, and with Montreal and Chicago making it in, it completely devalued a regular season that was already mostly finished. I hope Pittsburgh wins and goes on to win another cup next year based on the cap relief of having a star player on a ELC, just to make things even worse for the NHL.

Bettman is a mixed bag (yeah yeah, he kept the Oilers here!), but I think he's well past his expiry date. Something like that might help shame him into moving on. We can dream, right?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bettman is a mixed bag (yeah yeah, he kept the Oilers here!), but I think he's well past his expiry date. Something like that might help shame him into moving on. We can dream, right?
I don't think he will be going anywhere. If these playoffs continue to go the way they are the owners are going to be very thankful to him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
My hate for Sheahan in the PGT notwithstanding, if he's in the lineup for this game I hope he shuts me up and scores a hat trick.

You're a high marker! I'll settle for Sheahan not to have to successfully kill off a forward high 5:17 minutes of PK time again but maintain his 58% face-off result. Team needs to stay out of the box and not rely on a top league PK to keep it out of trouble.

Reactions: Cypress

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Better yet, imagine the tears if the Oilers did. HF would go down permanently
At least if Pittsburgh gets him, hockey fans can watch him in playoff runs and winning a cup.

If Edmonton wins they get to watch him attempt to make the playoffs.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
And the people in those bars are all going to drink with their masks on, and everyone will behave, right?:laugh:
That’s not the rule. You can have the mask off at your table. And abide by the rules... or get kicked out... exactly how it was before.

Curious.. have you watched a game at a pub?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You're a high marker! I'll settle for Sheahan not to have to successfully kill off a forward high 5:17 minutes of PK time again but maintain his 58% face-off result. Team needs to stay out of the box and not rely on a top league PK to keep it out of trouble.

I’ll settle for no game changing giveaways in the last 10 minutes of the third period. :sarcasm:

Anyway, I’ll shut up about this now. Hope he scores a goal and makes me eat crow.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I don't think he will be going anywhere. If these playoffs continue to go the way they are the owners are going to be very thankful to him.

Oh yeah, I have no delusions that he will go anywhere. Unfortunately as much as people bitch about the quality of the product, how star players seem to (oddly) get much less calls than they should, etc, people still watch. And like you said, the owners, for the most part, are making money.

Reactions: joestevens29

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
One thing will happen this game. The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks will skate on the ice. Anything else that happens is a bonus and unexpected

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Y'all know what. This year has sucked. Hockey is no longer enjoyable. Most of you all hate me anyways, a ton of you have me on ignore anyways. Imma bow out from hockey. It's too emotionally draining for something we should all enjoy, so I'm just going to stop.

Hope those of you who enjoy this team and are positive stay that way. And those who don't, hope you can find some enjoyment in it.

Peace.

Reactions: Mez

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I’ll settle for no game changing giveaways in the last 10 minutes of the third period. :sarcasm:

Anyway, I’ll shut up about this now. Hope he scores a goal and makes me eat crow.

Thankfully Bear is a quick and conscientious learner (and great teammate) so I'm hoping he chips pucks out of the zone in the final period. ;)

Sheahan with a goal might be gravy but I hope there are at least nine other forwards that look after that role. Haven't heard the Play for Caver mantra for a while on what was supposed to be an emotional driver for this team. Time to dig in. And I think ... hope ... pray the Oil come to play tomorrow. They are well below the team success and structure that drove regular season results.

You're a good sport. I was just having a bit of fun with this post.

Reactions: Cloned

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I think they'll come out and win convincingly.

That being said I expect a soul crushing loss on Saturday. I'll give them credit. When they lose they do it like no one would expect.

The first octo deflection goal in nhl history or some such.
All three goalies go down with injury.
Oiler player forgets what team he's on and scores a break away goal on his own net.

I dunno what.. but this is the Charlie Brown team of the NHL. Something bad is going to happen to them.

Oilers90

Oct 2, 2019
I would go

Neal mcdavid kassian
Nuge drai yams
Nygard Sheahan Archie
AA khaira chiasson

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Thankfully Bear is a quick and conscientious learner (and great teammate) so I'm hoping he chips pucks out of the zone in the final period. ;)

Sheahan with a goal might be gravy but I hope there are at least nine other forwards that look after that role. Haven't heard the Play for Caver mantra for a while on what was supposed to be an emotional driver for this team. Time to dig in. And I think ... hope ... pray the Oil come to play tomorrow. They are well below the team success and structure that drove regular season results.

You're a good sport. I was just having a bit of fun with this post.
I’ll be happy with a Bear goal assisted by Nurse and Sheahan. ;)

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I’ll be happy with a Bear goal assisted by Nurse and Sheahan. ;)

We're good on that. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to a Sheahan hatty ... though maybe I would if they did the dumb empty stadium hats on the ice thing again.

No ... I would still be good with a Sheahan hatty. lol

Reactions: Cloned

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nygard or Haas would be my guess. Haas can PK come, and play center. Both of them are fast, and this series has been more about speed than grinding in the corners.
Both of them have less than 10 career goals combined. No thanks

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Y'all know what. This year has sucked. Hockey is no longer enjoyable. Most of you all hate me anyways, a ton of you have me on ignore anyways. Imma bow out from hockey. It's too emotionally draining for something we should all enjoy, so I'm just going to stop.

Hope those of you who enjoy this team and are positive stay that way. And those who don't, hope you can find some enjoyment in it.

Peace.

See ya game time! :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad