Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Habs, May 12th 5pm - Last Regular Season game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You have to think they'll rest guys tomorrow. Winnipeg will clinch 3rd place, so it really is a meaningless game.

Keep:

Lehkonen -- Evans -- Byron together

All 3 have had significant time off either to injury (Byron) or just being benched (Lehkonen and Evans), so they should be good to go.

Tatar, Armia should be in for same reasons.

Anderson should sit. He seems beat up.

Play Caufield and Belzile too.

So:

Toffoli -- Suzuki -- Armia
Perry -- Kotkaniemi -- Caufield
Lehkonen -- Evans -- Byron
Frolik -- Staal -- Belzile

Edmundson -- Petry
Romanov -- Chiarot
Kulak -- Merrill

Allen

Reactions: le_sean

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Game means nothing... Play Gustavsson, Belzile, anyone not starting the playoffs.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

q8xAccn.jpg

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Let Primeau in net amd give a break to all the geezers.

It's funny, I know you're a lot older than our Habs geezers... I think that clique we have is more less my age (born in 1985).

I looked up the 2005 top 40 just for fun, as those guys would have bounced to those beats around the same time I did in their early 20's.

Christ, we have quite the range if this is indicative of our playoffs... from Boulevard of Broken Dreams to Drop it Like it's Hot.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
You have to think they'll rest guys tomorrow. Winnipeg will clinch 3rd place, so it really is a meaningless game.

Keep:

All 3 have had significant time off either to injury (Byron) or just being benched (Lehkonen and Evans), so they should be good to go.

So:

Edmundson -- Petry
Romanov -- Chiarot
Kulak -- Merrill

Allen
I would definitely sit Petry (play Gustafson) and maybe Toffoli too (though not sure what forward could replace him)

Also would like to see Primeau play, Allen must be so tired

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Perry definitely needs the rest. I don't really care about Staal since he ideally won't play in the playoffs unless there is an injury. Armia isn't working with Toffoli-Suzuki so try Caufield for half the game with those two and try Anderson for the other half to have a better idea of who should play with them in the playoffs.

KK could also use the rest but I'm not sure who plays instead of him. Petry is a workhorse, but more rest would not hurt. Lastly, play Primeau.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Keep:

So:

Edmundson -- Petry
Romanov -- Chiarot
Kulak -- Merrill

Allen

I'd also have Gus in for Petry. And, I'd rest KK. Maybe play 11 forwards - or Gus at forward in for KK.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
What's the point of resting players? Maybe give players like KK more ice-time but that's it.

We're not playing until next Saturday lol. They'll rest for a week and a half. If that's not enough, there's a problem.

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
What's the point of resting players? Maybe give players like KK more ice-time but that's it.

We're not playing until next Saturday lol. They'll rest for a week and a half. If that's not enough, there's a problem.
What's the point in not? What if Petry gets injured somehow? No way I play Petry because team would fall apart without him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This is literally a meaningless game. Give the young guys the minutes they never had.

Lehkonen - Evans - Byron
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Frolik - Staal - Armia
Belzile - Blandisi - Caufield (double shift)

Kulak - Romanov
Chiarot - Gustafson
Edmundson - Merrill
Ouellet

Primeau

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
What's the point in not? What if Petry gets injured somehow? No way I play Petry because team would fall apart without him.

After the stretch of games we were forced to play after that Covid break, I’d say any extra hour of rest you can give to a player is beneficial. They’ve just limped themselves into a playoff spot. Rest everyone you can and hope the playoffs can serve as a reset the same way it did last year for a lot of guys.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

25 games played in 43 days.... Every day of rest you can get, you take. It's as simple as that.

Reactions: gillyguzzler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad