Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Habs, May 12th 5pm - Last Regular Season game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think this is the game where you give KK and Caufield 20 minutes of ice time with good linemates and see what they have for you before you make a decision going into the play-offs.

For me it's a slam dunk they play but I feel like Ducharme needs convincing and he hasn't done much to get Caufield in successful positions outside of OT.
Meh, giving 20 minutes to KK won't do anything. He's done here.

Caufield does need to be on the PP and on the ice when you have offensive possession though.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Meh, giving 20 minutes to KK won't do anything. He's done here.

Caufield does need to be on the PP and on the ice when you have offensive possession though.
What do you mean by *done here*? in montreal? Or he's just gassed out lol because yeah he looks totally gassed out

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No point resting players when you have a full week off coming.
The whole excuse is Habs are so tired and how they have zero rest. They should take every day they can in that case.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The whole excuse is Habs are so tired and how they have zero rest. They should take every day they can in that case.

The fatigue part is probably factual considering the unprecedented scheduling this year. We were talking about how the habs schedule was too back loaded beforehand, then the covid outbreak further added to the grind.

They have been going at it every other day or less for the last month and a half, so I don't see how that doesn't factor in.

The question is how much the rest will even matter in the grand scheme of things though, because even if they do come back feeling energized, with almost a full roster, there are still some deep flaws in the team, and there are certain players that they need more from than what they showed in the season so far.

Regardless, this rest/reset is probably the last tool they have left to try and turn the season around, and they should use it as much as they can starting today.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In MTL.

Fans are all up over him and the pressure is going to be way too high for him to do anything, best case is a fresh new start in a new organisation.

You might be right there. He's not on a good development road and fans are all over him at age 20. I hope he has thick skin

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The fatigue part is probably factual considering the unprecedented scheduling this year. We were talking about how the habs schedule was too back loaded beforehand, then the covid outbreak further added to the grind.

They have been going at it every other day or less for the last month and a half, so I don't see how that doesn't factor in.

The question is how much the rest will even matter in the grand scheme of things though, because even if they do come back feeling energized, with almost a full roster, there are still some deep flaws in the team, and there are certain players that they need more from than what they showed in the season so far.

Regardless, this rest/reset is probably the last tool they have left to try and turn the season around, and they should use it as much as they can starting today.

I think they are more mentally tired than physical. A week off will help. Some other players a banged up so that helps them physically. They have had a rough stretch and they are not going in all confident. I do think they will show up though. Question is how they limit scoring chances and capitalize on our chances.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
You might be right there. He's not on a good development road and fans are all over him at age 20. I hope he has thick skin
Which fans are all over him? There are no fans at games, he's not very active on social media, and if he's had good advice he's not reading HF or other fan forums. There are some vocal critics here at HF but this is not the real world.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Have you read the Kotkaniemi thread ? Or watched RDS? 91.9 ? Its disgusting. Tkachuk me this tkachuk me that.
Kotkaniemi is not watching french tv or listening to french radio. And no player should be reading a thread dedicated to them on HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad