Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Habs, May 12th 5pm - Last Regular Season game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You would guess that, and, yet again, your emotional take would be wrong.

I'd explain to you again what consistency looks like, but I suspect (or hope) comprehension isn't the issue...
May I ask you a personal question? How do you get through doorways with such a big head?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

That's something. But is it a coincidence that all of them just happened to be ready at the same time? I bet at least some of the guys on that list would not be "ready to play" if it was still the dog days of the regular season, which isn't ideal, but let's see how it all unfolds.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
That's something. But is it a coincidence that all of them just happened to be ready at the same time? I bet at least some of the guys on that list would not be "ready to play" if it was still the dog days of the regular season, which isn't ideal, but let's see how it all unfolds.

I think having an estimated week off between the regular season and playoffs helps. For example that puts it at 6 weeks since Gallagher’s injury. As well as the fact the Habs have now finally clinched a spot.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Well, Price, Weber and Gally have started skating so they're plausible. The big question mark is Danault.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I guess the canard that KK's linemates are always changing won't apply in this game?

Of course not.

It would be fitting that as the canard is obliterated for the meaningless game, Dom the Concierge is hoisted by his own petard.

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Could be the opposite.

They might be "ready to play" in a normal sense, but would rather take the few extra rest days and not risk injury heading into the playoffs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Could be the opposite.

They might be "ready to play" in a normal sense, but would rather take the few extra rest days and not risk injury heading into the playoffs.

Medicine is such an inexact -- I mean, opportunistic, science. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Canadienna

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Probably cap related

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Could be the opposite.

I think the ideal situation would be to have some of these guys into game situations, instead of putting them straight into the fire of game 1.

So I don't think any of them are ready to go at this point.

Reactions: Canadienna

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Will be interesting to see if this game matters after the Winnipeg game tonight.

I'm still hoping we can avoid the Leafs, even though it's a very slim chance

I don’t really care I don’t think we can beat anyone at this point. I hope I’m wrong.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
More like he will conspicuously not be able to play at all and MB will leverage that excuse to an extension
No word on Weber
Barely on Danault
Price been practicing for what 2 weeks now
Gallagher ''skated'' his legs are fine.... like wow what a news

Feel like if we do bad , this will be the escape boat of Bergevin once again

''My best center'' ''My best warrior'' '' My best D-man'' ''My 1st goalie'' were all playing injured we had no chance.

This is probably the bullshit that Bergevin will serve the media and Molson to get extended again and hit deeper in the no man's land.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hoist with his own petard?

You are correct. I always make typos when I write from a phone. Duly amended the post and thank you.

I think we can agree that it’ll be the only hoisting that the Concierge will be experiencing in the post season.

Reactions: Dick Duff

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
You are correct. I always make typos when I write from a phone. Duly amended the post and thank you.

I think we can agree that it’ll be the only hoisting that the Concierge will be experiencing in the post season.

Not if he wants to keep his job...then he'll hoist something for Bargain Bin...

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Just like magic, all of these injuries all are fixed, and everyone is good to go at the exact same time....

OK, sure guys.

Hey, so we know one of two things will happen for sure.

Either we see play-ins form/rhythm and we have a chance given minimal misfires on the roster, OR they play injured and there's a lot of crying in the end-season interviews about playing injured.

I'm afraid the latter is more likely.

The former is borderline conspiracy territory given no screaming pain on the ice (Price, Webs, Danault, even Gally took it well by his standards) but it's HBO level script and it could hit the Leafs in the face like a rising Tyson left hook from 1986.

Reactions: BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad