Confirmed with Link: Oilers Give Aways

Gags89

Feb 15, 2009
Giveaways were hilarious.

"The 4 fans who stand out and jump out of their seat get 4 free jerseys signed by anybody!!!"

2 guys they picked were picking their nose. Just sitting there and they put them on the jumbotron lol.

It's like somebody told them, "Hurry it up guys! We on;y have 10 sec left to pick the last 2!"

What a joke. Just like the Oilers play for the first. It did seem like the prizes went to season ticket holders only.

Any of the "random" promotions in Rexall that pertain to specific seats or rows are all pre-selected before the contest even occurs. I never get excited for those promotions or giveaways due to that fact.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Any of the "random" promotions in Rexall that pertain to specific seats or rows are all pre-selected before the contest even occurs. I never get excited for those promotions or giveaways due to that fact.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't just imagining things, but they did the stupid video of the car race during a break and they said the second level was supposed to cheer for the blue car, lower= white and gallery=red. Anyways blue won and they gave the prize to the lower level :laugh:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Anyone know if the 40% off merchandise is also available for those outside of Edmonton (online shopping from NHL or Oilers site)?
Nope, only at the rink.
They did have 15-20%off merch online a couple weeks ago though.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
Anyone know if the 40% off merchandise is also available for those outside of Edmonton (online shopping from NHL or Oilers site)?

No, but the Oilers online shop is substantially cheaper than what's sold at Rexall. I don't know if they're on sale and it just doesn't say or what, but regular ticket price is 239.99 for a replica jersey with name at Rexall.

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
You know it just occurred to me. This was the issue with the first period the other night. The team must have seen the memo about Oiler's giveaways and misunderstood what they were suppose to do on their own zone.

It all makes sense now. I blame Horcoff.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
You know it just occurred to me. This was the issue with the first period the other night. The team must have seen the memo about Oiler's giveaways and misunderstood what they were suppose to do on their own zone.

It all makes sense now. I blame Horcoff.

Yeah, the giveaway for Ryan Whitney's number was 6 free goals. Unfortunately the Oilers gave them to the Sharks, in one period.

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Ok thanks for the answers about the 40% off.
I just want a hat to keep me warm these days. Its like -20 in Toronto these days (with wind chill).

Does Edmonton ever get that cold? :sarcasm:

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
Ok thanks for the answers about the 40% off.
I just want a hat to keep me warm these days. Its like -20 in Toronto these days (with wind chill).

Does Edmonton ever get that cold? :sarcasm:

I would suggest that -20 in TO feels a lot colder than -20 here, but you probably already know that.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
hoping for feedback.

I was listening to the radio this morning and there were complaints from callers.
it's about the fact the giveaways were supposed to be for fans and it appears it was basically only for season ticket holders.
reading the news release, it did stress fans and not STH.
I know the st holders will say they spend the most money and have the most dedication, so deserve it the most. it just seems a bit disingenuous to get fans excited about going to the game and having a chance to win, to have the team pander to their season ticket base instead.

I guess those complaints got heard. About half and half tonight with random fans and season ticket holders.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Four pairs of #Oilers Gold Season Seats for the rest of this year up for grabs! Brush up on your trivia and enter > http://t.co/wrZmBvID

The Oilers are giving away four pairs of season seats for the remainder of this season through the contest above i don't know if they are giving away all four through this contest or just a couple,

Anyway, does anyone want to share the answers to the trivia questions :laugh: :naughty: i don't know them all.

The questions are:
1.Who was the last Oilers player to get 100 points in a season?
2. What is the Oilers record for highest plus/minus in a season and who got it?
3.Who holds the Oilers NHL rookie record for most goals in a season?
4.How many Oilers have scored 50 or more goals in a season (as an Oiler)?

Much appreciated guys, i know the honourable thing to do is look them up but i thought some of you might know them :)

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Four pairs of #Oilers Gold Season Seats for the rest of this year up for grabs! Brush up on your trivia and enter > http://t.co/wrZmBvID

The Oilers are giving away four pairs of season seats for the remainder of this season through the contest above i don't know if they are giving away all four through this contest or just a couple,

Anyway, does anyone want to share the answers to the trivia questions :laugh: :naughty: i don't know them all.

The questions are:
1.Who was the last Oilers player to get 100 points in a season?
2. What is the Oilers record for highest plus/minus in a season and who got it?
3.Who holds the Oilers NHL rookie record for most goals in a season?
4.How many Oilers have scored 50 or more goals in a season (as an Oiler)?

Much appreciated guys, i know the honourable thing to do is look them up but i thought some of you might know them :)

Question 4 is a bit tricky. Does Craig Simpson count (he spent time in Pittsburgh the year he potted 50)?

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
1. Doug Weight

2. I would guess Wayne Gretzky, but I have no clue as to which season

3. Jason Arnott

4. Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Anderson

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Question 4 is a bit tricky. Does Craig Simpson count (he spent time in Pittsburgh the year he potted 50)?

I don't know for sure but I have to think he would not count because he didn't get all 50 as an oiler and the question says as an oiler

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
1. Doug Weight

2. I would guess Wayne Gretzky, but I have no clue as to which season

3. Jason Arnott

4. Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Anderson

1 sounds right
I don't know about 2 and 3
the guys you have for 4 are right but I'm not sure if there are any others

Edit: yep you got em well done, thanks.

Last edited:

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
1 sounds right
I don't know about 2 and 3
the guys you have for 4 are right but I'm not sure if there are any others

2 is definitely Gretzky. I am pretty sure he has the NHL record for best +/- in a single season.

3 is Arnott.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
2 is definitely Gretzky. I am pretty sure he has the NHL record for best +/- in a single season.

3 is Arnott.

Yes Arnott is correct as well as Gretzky who was +98 in the 1984-85 season that is not the nhl record though its third

Thanks i appreciate it !

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
question 2 is asking how much and who,

so put gretzky and his hihgest +/2 season number there i assume

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes