Confirmed with Link: Oilers Give Aways

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

hoping for feedback.

I was listening to the radio this morning and there were complaints from callers.
it's about the fact the giveaways were supposed to be for fans and it appears it was basically only for season ticket holders.
reading the news release, it did stress fans and not STH.
I know the st holders will say they spend the most money and have the most dedication, so deserve it the most. it just seems a bit disingenuous to get fans excited about going to the game and having a chance to win, to have the team pander to their season ticket base instead.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
hoping for feedback.

I was listening to the radio this morning and there were complaints from callers.
it's about the fact the giveaways were supposed to be for fans and it appears it was basically only for season ticket holders.
I know the st holders will say they spend the most money and have the most dedication, so deserve it the most. it just seems a bit disingenuous to get fans excited about going to the game and having a chance to win, to have the team pander to their season ticket base instead.

Have to agree with those complaints. Like you said, not because STH were rewarded primarily (that only makes sense with the amount they pay), but because the team was needlessly vague about it. I don't think (or at least I hope not) fans that buy a game here and there would be disappointed or complaining if the team had just said all fans get discounted food, merch and whatever prize was for all fans, and the rest is for STH.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
So it would be a la-forgery?

gene.jpg

This post cannot receive enough adulation...

:bow:

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I just won one of the 93 jerseys off Ched Trivia, pretty sweet, but can't decide which player to pick.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Some suggestions. Jani Rita, Jason Bonsignore, Lee Fogolin, Zdeno Ciger, Joquin Gage, or the ever amazing Eldon "Pokey" Reddick

The trivia question answer was Jason Bonsignore, so I should probably pick him, but only if I could meet him and kick him in the nuts 64 times.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'd have a hard time passing up a Gretzky. Would be cool meeting a player but I think that's what I'd go with.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I'd have a hard time passing up a Gretzky. Would be cool meeting a player but I think that's what I'd go with.

I kind of agree, but my jersey would be a Kurri one. Always been my favorite player since I was like 4 years old. My dad used to work for Fuhrs dad and I got to go in the dressing room one time, Kurri immediately came up to me and started passing a puck back and forth with me on the floor (I had a little mini stick), all I can remember now is he just seemed to have a very friendly smile. But from that day forward I was a huge Kurri fan.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
hoping for feedback.

Not to be a dick, but I've been mentioning this since the days of Bill Tuele.

It's not a seat draw for the free swag. It's a STH sest draw.

The organization simply does not show that it cares about non-STHers. Never has. Never will.

I wanted to buy an Oilumni jersey during the big reunion years ago. I actually had to try several times. The last time I called in I impersonated a STH who was buying a jersey for his ailing grandfather, and I tore a strip off the rep who had basically laughed in my face the previous times that I honestly enquired as a mere fan.

From that point on, I've kept my views of the PR part of the organization (classless, inept, unworthy) separate from my views of the players (individual basis) or team management/coaching (ugh), or the other parts of the organization that really do a great job.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
As a STH who won nothing, should I be upset that these STH heavy giveaways were won by people who buy one game a year? Or should I suck it up and be thankful I even had a chance? Seems like I should suck it up just like the non-STH complaining.

Sexington

Feb 6, 2007
Calgary, AB
As a STH who won nothing, should I be upset that these STH heavy giveaways were won by people who buy one game a year? Or should I suck it up and be thankful I even had a chance? Seems like I should suck it up just like the non-STH complaining.

STH or non-STH, we're all fans no?

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Giveaways were hilarious.

"The 4 fans who stand out and jump out of their seat get 4 free jerseys signed by anybody!!!"

2 guys they picked were picking their nose. Just sitting there and they put them on the jumbotron lol.

It's like somebody told them, "Hurry it up guys! We on;y have 10 sec left to pick the last 2!"

What a joke. Just like the Oilers play for the first. It did seem like the prizes went to season ticket holders only.

I really don't care though. I have 4 seasons tickets that I sold and I bought packs on top to go with lots of friends. Even the Oiler store lineup was hilarious. Why anybody waited that long makes no sense.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
other then the free beer, and seeing yakupov/schultz scoring their first NHL goal, it was a joke game and would of preferred to stay home watch on TV and get a good sleep instead of 4 hours for an 8am class today lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad