Confirmed with Link: Oilers Give Aways

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Nice of the Oilers to do this but I wish they would have opened up most of these things to everyone. There are people who buy mini-packs or single game tickets who are not attending these games. I guess our tickets purchases don't matter as much.

Buy a ticket to the first home game or two Theres tickets available.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
I am so jacked up I got tickets to the home opener. Would be awesome to win something.
Really hoping they count beer as food :)

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
With the exception of the lower level, which is too expensive, there are only single seats left. Doesn't work for taking a child with you.

So your complaint is a lack of money or babysitter. Not that the Oilers won't open this promotion to you. Your anger seems misguided.

stoff

Apr 19, 2007
His point is valid tho. Why not spread those give always across the 24 game season? Reduce discount to 15 % and disperse the give always across the games. That way anyone who has a ticket this year gets a chance to win.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
40% off merchandise is nice. Anyone know if the Kingsway Mall location is doing the sale as well? Would be nice for the peasants to get in on the celebration too.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
His point is valid tho. Why not spread those give always across the 24 game season? Reduce discount to 15 % and disperse the give always across the games. That way anyone who has a ticket this year gets a chance to win.

Because it's a thank you to season ticket holders, not mini-pack or single-game ticket buyers.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Oilers announce Home Opener Week festivities, prizes and promotions including trips, jerseys, tours and charitable donations > http://******/gZKar. Fans at this week's games will be eligible for all prizes, while fans away from Rexall Place can win some of them. Full details coming soon!

Don't despair just yet...

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
STH have suffered through 41 games of expensive bs the past couple years. I will gladly take the 40% off and giveaways to the first couple games that other fans had every chance of getting tickets to.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
People here find a way to complain about everything. I swear Katz could give every member of hfOil a puppy and there would be guys that would complain that it wasn't a kitten.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
As I said, I think it is good that the Oilers are doing something. I just would have preferred that instead of just doing the promotions for 3 games, spread it out over the 24 games so that more fans have access to some of the cool things they are offering.

It's still quite good of them though. I wish I could go to one of those games. Would love to win one of the signed jerseys and get 99 or 11 to sign it.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
As I said, I think it is good that the Oilers are doing something. I just would have preferred that instead of just doing the promotions for 3 games, spread it out over the 24 games so that more fans have access to some of the cool things they are offering.

It's still quite good of them though. I wish I could go to one of those games. Would love to win one of the signed jerseys and get 99 or 11 to sign it.

Gretz and Messier signed jerseys are a dime a dozen. I really hope at least one person asks for some crazy ass player that played like 4 games for the Oilers in 1995 or some such nonsense. Make the Oilers staff work a little bit to get the autograph instead of just pulling another autographed Gretz jersey out of the box.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Gretz and Messier signed jerseys are a dime a dozen. I really hope at least one person asks for some crazy ass player that played like 4 games for the Oilers in 1995 or some such nonsense. Make the Oilers staff work a little bit to get the autograph instead of just pulling another autographed Gretz jersey out of the box.

Jozef Cierny? 1 game played in 93-94. Probably back in Slovakia somewhere.

Bob Dupuis. 1 NHL game which was with the Oilers back in 79-80.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Jozef Cierny? 1 game played in 93-94. Probably back in Slovakia somewhere.

Bob Dupuis. 1 NHL game which was with the Oilers back in 79-80.

Cierny sounds like a good one. I imagine some Oilers staffer going from town to town, bundled up, running from local pup to pub asking questions about the local hero. Finally after 2 months, frostbitten and nearly hypothermic, he staggers up to the door of a cabin and knocks on the door, and an old Babushka comes out and welcomes him into the Cierny home.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Hopefully the Oilers discounted food doesn't have 'surprises' like the Bruins food apparently did today.

Mike Krushelnyski

Mar 9, 2004
40% off merchandise is nice. Anyone know if the Kingsway Mall location is doing the sale as well? Would be nice for the peasants to get in on the celebration too.

Ditto on this inquiry... is it only 40% off merchandise at the game, or will the retail stores have this discount as well? I'm thinking this might be the perfect time for me to invest in my RNH pro jersey :)

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Ditto on this inquiry... is it only 40% off merchandise at the game, or will the retail stores have this discount as well? I'm thinking this might be the perfect time for me to invest in my RNH pro jersey :)

Not at Kingsway. They are a contracted store not Oilers owned. As per Laforge they tried to figure it.out but couldnt come to a resolution. Partially based on Stock/Room/Fact They are not Oilers owned.

Has to be at Rexall.

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
Cierny sounds like a good one. I imagine some Oilers staffer going from town to town, bundled up, running from local pup to pub asking questions about the local hero. Finally after 2 months, frostbitten and nearly hypothermic, he staggers up to the door of a cabin and knocks on the door, and an old Babushka comes out and welcomes him into the Cierny home.

Is Petr Klima still alive? He was the original Oiler flow. Jonesy esque. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad