GDT: Oilers @ Future NW Division Champs 7PM MT

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007
Looks like Sacco has the shake up covered:

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
On heels of 4-0 loss to EDM, #Avalanche demotes David Jones to third line, Milan Hejduk back and skating w/ Stastny and Landeskog

Close_Enough1.png

Stanley Cup here we come! Plan the parade.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don't know where else to put this, but anybody know Swedish better than me (I can translate words but miss context frequently). Landy seems to be a little upset at what we call bandwagon fans.

Gabriel Landeskog ‏@GabeLandeskog92
Lider med mina kompisar i Dif, oerhört jobb ni gjort hela året. Att kämpa sig tillbaka från träsket nästan in i kvalserien är imponerande.

Men däremot att så kallade "supportrar" tar kontakt med spelare och fullkomligt sågar dom via social media är så pinsamt.

Kalla dig inte en supporter om du bara är där i medgång.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Don't know where else to put this, but anybody know Swedish better than me (I can translate words but miss context frequently). Landy seems to be a little upset at what we call bandwagon fans.

Lider med mina kompisar i Dif, oerhört jobb ni gjort hela året. Att kämpa sig tillbaka från träsket nästan in i kvalserien är imponerande.

Men däremot att så kallade "supportrar" tar kontakt med spelare och fullkomligt sågar dom via social media är så pinsamt.

Kalla dig inte en supporter om du bara är där i medgång.

Yeah I speak fluent Swedish. This is what he was saying:

Suffering with my friends in Dif, immensely job you have done all year. To fight back from the swamp almost into qualification matches is impressive.

But that so-called "supporters" make contact with players and totally saw them through social media is so embarrassing.

Call you are not a supporter if you are only there for prosperity.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Suffering with my friends in Dif, immensely job you have done all year. To fight back from the swamp almost into qualification matches is impressive.

But that so-called "supporters" make contact with players and totally saw them through social media is so embarrassing.

I think google is as fluent as you are. :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

This is where I think context and slang are throwing it off. Trying to gather what he is really saying. My interpretation (my Swedish is really bad): It has been a struggle for the team. Fighting back into playoff position was an accomplishment. The way that 'fans' contact players through social media is embarrassing. You are not a fan if you are only going to support the team in the good times.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
This is where I think context and slang are throwing it off. Trying to gather what he is really saying. My interpretation (my Swedish is really bad): It has been a struggle for the team. Fighting back into playoff position was an accomplishment. The way that 'fans' contact players through social media is embarrassing. You are not a fan if you are only going to support the team in the good times.

You pretty much nailed it;)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why not just tweet that in English?

In his first tweet, what does "Dif" mean? I thought he might have been talking about the Swedish team he played for during the lockout.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I do agree that fans need to learn they aren't here to be pampered to individually, if that's something he sort of alluded to.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
I agree with Landy on several points but not the main one!

Fans should support their team through good and bad times!
Fans should not insult/contact players directly especially since it's a team game, wins and losses come from a team effort.

However fans do not have to put up with constant mediocrity! The team brings us entertainment, if they no longer provide the entertainment we are satisfied with we should be allowed to voice our opinion on it, as we often do especially on the boards.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Djurgården were relegated to the tier below SEL last season and they missed the chance to be promoted this year. I can imagine some fans being upset about it.

There is a slightly different supporter culture here. For example if a team is struggling and the players are our partying, it's not uncommon for fans to confront and intimidate the player since they feel it's an insult to the club to be out partying when you're not performing. It's hooligan logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad