GDT: Oilers @ Future NW Division Champs 7PM MT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The book is still out with those 2, if had said EJ then I would agree.

I'd like to see this fella out of Tippets system before I crown him. Nope, never, next, Duchene is still the class of 09.

Lol tell that to the clueless hockey fans who only started to watch hockey during the world juniors when Tavares lit it up, and then stopped watching hockey right after it ended. The comparison is

Tavares = God
Duchene = Alexander Daigle 2.0

:laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Glad I passed out before the 2nd was over. And people here expected us to do well, hah.

We have no future until Sacco is gone.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
Wow, what whaddya know - the Avs did lose 4-0!

So I really hope coaching is looked at under a microscope from here on out. My goodness. I am really not sure if the team is responding to Sacco anymore.

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
It's amazing, the Avs can win a few games.. do it so well, look like they're heating up and then instantly crap the bed and allow a team to manhandle them.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Wow, what whaddya know - the Avs did lose 4-0!

So I really hope coaching is looked at under a microscope from here on out. My goodness. I am really not sure if the team is responding to Sacco anymore.

At this point, it really is irrelevant whether Sacco is a good or a bad coach.

The truth is he's ineffective. Better coaches have been fired for playing better hockey than we are under Sacco. Time to nut up or shut up Sherman, prove you're trying to help our club compete.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I think the song I put in the OP was a perfect fit for this game.

Oh well.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Larsson is 20 years old... Check out how many NHL-games and points players like Chara and Weber had the same age.

If you draft I guy like Jones, you know you aren't drafting a stud right away, he is probably 2-3 years away from being NHL-ready.

He'll play in the NHL next season.

It's amazing, the Avs can win a few games.. do it so well, look like they're heating up and then instantly crap the bed and allow a team to manhandle them.

It's uncanny isn't it? It's almost as if the guys got together and decided to 'work half-assed when we play against other teams in our own division'. :shakehead

Sacco doesn't have the benefit of surprising eastern teams this year, we're boned.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Viking Mode, I believe you won the Avatar Challenge. So remember, keep it within site rules, post it on here and I'll change it.

I may not be able to change it until I get home at around 8pm this evening though, just FYI

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
EJ, Wilson and O'Byrne with ill advised pinches all night long, against a team that has beaten us with counter attacking hockey for the last couple of seasons.

Why are forwards the last men back on the first three goals? Why isn't anyone in front of our net on a PK on the fourth?

When a ****** gameplan and a ****** effort collide, this is the kind of fireworks we'll see.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
"We seem to be able to get up for big games, against the Chicagos, Detroits, and then we come out flat like that, it's disappointing," O'Byrne said. "Some nights the Pepsi Center is not going to be full and you can't rely on the crowd. We need to create a buzz in here, not just when we play Chicago."

Really O'Byrne? Really?

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
Also, why do we have two scrappers if when we really need them (when we're down, lacking a spark) they are never used?

It seems like they are only used when the other team wants to, it sucks.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Well at least the Wild signed Brett Clark. We might go on another 2 game win streak. :laugh:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
So it's the fans' fault. Trade that chump NOW. At least bench his worthless hide.

I don't think he blamed the fans at all. The way I understand it he's blaming the team for a lack of motivation. Basically like: "It's easy to play well when a huge crowd is pushing you but we need to play well with or without that extra bit of motivation."

And that's exactly how it is imo. The team isn't motivated often. I blame it at least partly on coaching.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
"Some nights the Pepsi Center is not going to be full and you can't rely on the crowd. We need to create a buzz in here, not just when we play Chicago."

Sounds like he's saying that fans aren't filling the arena, so you can't rely on them. They shouldn't be relying on us to give them the boost they need to perform.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This team needs some sort of shakeup. It should be Sacco getting fired, but I would take trading ROB.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Brett Clark > Greg Zanon
Brett Clark > Matt Hunwick
Brett Clark > Ryan O'Byrne

Oh come on, I know we're down on them but they are still at least in the NHL because they have the ability to play on the bottom pairing. Clark was done two years ago, much like Brunette when Chicago signed him or Madden when Florida signed him.

These guys (minus O'Byrne, I fully believe he's an effective bottom pairing defender when he is playing in that role... not when he's pinching along the boards or trying to puck handle on the rush like last night) are what they are and we're asking them to play beyond their abilities.

Or better yet, Sacco is.

The moment EJ and Wilson returned we should have immediately sent Olver down (Palushaj/Kobasew fill his role better atm) or traded Hunwick (or hell, waived him) and let Barrie take over the 2nd pairing with Hejda.

It was a mistake on the coaching staff, management and even Bernie.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Larsson is 20 years old... Check out how many NHL-games and points players like Chara and Weber had the same age.

If you draft I guy like Jones, you know you aren't drafting a stud right away, he is probably 2-3 years away from being NHL-ready.

I think you made a mistake here, Jones is NHL ready, he is like 2-3 years away from being an impact. Personally I think he could be a top 4 defenseman in his second year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad