GDT: Oilers @ Future NW Division Champs 7PM MT

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I think you made a mistake here, Jones is NHL ready, he is like 2-3 years away from being an impact. Personally I think he could be a top 4 defenseman in his second year.

On our team he would be our 2nd or 3rd best defender on most nights at this very moment.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Looks like Sacco has the shake up covered:

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
On heels of 4-0 loss to EDM, #Avalanche demotes David Jones to third line, Milan Hejduk back and skating w/ Stastny and Landeskog

Close_Enough1.png

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

On heels of 4-0 loss to EDM, #Avalanche demotes David Jones to third line, Milan Hejduk back and skating w/ Stastny and Landeskog

Close_Enough1.png

Good Lord...I legit LOL'd at work with that pic! Well done

And someone SERIOUSLY get a hold of Viking Mode, he's gotta decide My Avatar Fate for the next 1 week.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sounds like he's saying that fans aren't filling the arena, so you can't rely on them. They shouldn't be relying on us to give them the boost they need to perform.

That is pretty ambiguous. He could just as easily be saying that the team needs to create the spark when the fans aren't there to generate it.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Good Lord...I legit LOL'd at work with that pic! Well done

And someone SERIOUSLY get a hold of Viking Mode, he's gotta decide My Avatar Fate for the next 1 week.

You want me to get ahold of him? I have some good avatar candidates for you. Thread title changer. :rant:

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Viking Mode, I believe you won the Avatar Challenge. So remember, keep it within site rules, post it on here and I'll change it.

I may not be able to change it until I get home at around 8pm this evening though, just FYI

s193356170.jpg

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I don't think he blamed the fans at all. The way I understand it he's blaming the team for a lack of motivation. Basically like: "It's easy to play well when a huge crowd is pushing you but we need to play well with or without that extra bit of motivation."

And that's exactly how it is imo. The team isn't motivated often. I blame it at least partly on coaching.

When this team plays hockey the way that Sacco and staff want them to they are a very effective team. There has to be some sort of issue in the locker room for them to play as many flat, disinterested games as they do. It's not good for a young team. They also get down on themselves when something doesn't go their way. Possibly growing pains, but we need some leadership from a few of these guys. ROR and Landy are supposed to be the never quit guys, but they were just as bad last night.

Mark Giordano is the type of player that could help this team in the locker room. He is a never quit type player. He never gives up on a game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Close_Enough1.png

Oh great now ROR has to deal with his drunk ass. im too lazy to look it up but does anyone have the stat line comparison between Jones and Palushaj. I swear I think Palushaj is close in terms of points and goals.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Oh great now ROR has to deal with his drunk ass. im too lazy to look it up but does anyone have the stat line comparison between Jones and Palushaj. I swear I think Palushaj is close in terms of points and goals.

Palushaj has 1 point and 1 goal less in 12 games played compared to Jones' 23 games played.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When this team plays hockey the way that Sacco and staff want them to they are a very effective team. There has to be some sort of issue in the locker room for them to play as many flat, disinterested games as they do. It's not good for a young team. They also get down on themselves when something doesn't go their way. Possibly growing pains, but we need some leadership from a few of these guys. ROR and Landy are supposed to be the never quit guys, but they were just as bad last night.

Mark Giordano is the type of player that could help this team in the locker room. He is a never quit type player. He never gives up on a game.

It's because this team can only win when everyone's playing great and the talent just takes over, Sacco's cluelessness means they don't have a system or a structure that can get them results when everything's not clicking, so the team just gets drained getting the points they do secure, leading to so many games where they're just too flat to overcome Joe Sacco, Hunwicles and O'Byrne.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I finally found a buddy! :handclap:

Sucks that I'm going commiserate with you about Arsenal getting destroyed later today, I know it's Bayern so **** them, but I just picture it is a weird version of the german national team and feel ok about enjoying watching them play.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sucks that I'm *not* going commiserate with you about Arsenal getting destroyed later today, I know it's Bayern so **** them, but I just picture it is a weird version of the german national team and feel ok about enjoying watching them play.

This wasn't even intentional. *sigh*

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sucks that I'm going commiserate with you about Arsenal getting destroyed later today, I know it's Bayern so **** them, but I just picture it is a weird version of the german national team and feel ok about enjoying watching them play.

How can you hate Bayern?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A 37 year old who can't really play anymore is promoted and a guy who has been useless this season is demoted. Awesome!

O'Byrne still going to play?

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
At this point, it really is irrelevant whether Sacco is a good or a bad coach.

The truth is he's ineffective. Better coaches have been fired for playing better hockey than we are under Sacco. Time to nut up or shut up Sherman, prove you're trying to help our club compete.

Thanks for verbalizing what I have been thinking. It is driving me mad that he is not held responsible for this disaster. The talent on this team does not match their standing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad