Proposal: Oilers-Flames

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
To Edmonton: Brodie & Monohan

To Calgary: Klefbom & RNH

Who adds?
Stop changing your proposals around.

1) Oilers aren't trading Nurse for Brodie - if we trade Nurse its because we can't get him signed (which is highly unlikely), and Brodie makes more than Nurse.

2) For the updated, Monohan is a luxury to the Oilers so I don't really see much point from our end, but in terms of value the Flames have no reason to do it either - they are trading their number one centre with proven chemistry with Gaudreau for a downgrade at centre, and while I like Klefbom more than what Brodie has been for the last 2 years, the difference isn't nearly enough to make it a decent trade for the Flames either.

3) These teams will never trade key players like this. Depth guys maybe, but not key players.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Am I missing something? Monahan and Brodie in this deal?

Calgary is not trading Monahan. He is our first line center!

I like RNH and Nurse. Yet to trade our top line center and top pairing dman for this package would be a massive mistake.

Change RNH to Drai and then we could discuss it. Even then I dont like it.

Are Nurse and RNH top line players? Monahan is and Brodie was in the past.

This trade will never happen.

Technically Nurse was last year (for an awful blueline) and Nuge will be with McDavid - but he's not a 1C to replace the one the Flames are losing here.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Stop changing your proposals around.

1) Oilers aren't trading Nurse for Brodie - if we trade Nurse its because we can't get him signed (which is highly unlikely), and Brodie makes more than Nurse.

2) For the updated, Monohan is a luxury to the Oilers so I don't really see much point from our end, but in terms of value the Flames have no reason to do it either - they are trading their number one centre with proven chemistry with Gaudreau for a downgrade at centre, and while I like Klefbom more than what Brodie has been for the last 2 years, the difference isn't nearly enough to make it a decent trade for the Flames either.

3) These teams will never trade key players like this. Depth guys maybe, but not key players.

I'll do what I want bud.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I would have done Brodie for Nurse 10/10 times. The current trade I wouldn't touch with a 20 foot pole. I'm not a fan of either Klefbom or Brodie but I am pretty confident that Monahan > RNH. Money was on a PPG, 40 goal pace until injuries piled up. No slight on RNH as I actually have always liked him too, but I think Monahan will show another level this year.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Both Flames and Oilers managers should be fired if they make any trade with each other. Darryl should have been fired for the Staios trade.

Reactions: Johnnybegood13

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Both Flames and Oilers managers should be fired if they make any trade with each other. Darryl should have been fired for the Staios trade.

I've liked it when we have traded with the Flames. They used to like trading for our about to be over-the-hill defensemen about 30 seconds before they turn suck mode on.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Or Anaheim

Vancouver’s just kinda sad now, they’re not really the enemy.

Now, Anaheim? I’d wear one of those ugly Ronald McDonald jerseys from a few years ago and get full Flames face paint if it meant I got to see Kesler and Perry kicked around for a few hours.

The sad part is both of our teams have been so inconsequential for the last decade I think the Flames have dropped to third in my most hated rankings.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I've liked it when we have traded with the Flames. They used to like trading for our about to be over-the-hill defensemen about 30 seconds before they turn suck mode on.

I remember how Oilers fans rejoiced for couple seasons after they traded Smid for their future franchise goalie Brossoit

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I remember how Oilers fans rejoiced for couple seasons after they traded Smid for their future franchise goalie Brossoit

I know a lot of Oiler fans were sad to see Smid go because he was a warrior for us, but even though Brossoit turned into nothing (I don't recall anyone saying he would be a franchise goalie, but we did need a prospect like him anyway), the real value to that deal was moving Smid as injuries were starting to become a problem and he had lost his spot in our top 4. He was a great Oiler, and he was traded at exactly the right time - just before his time as a capable every night NHL defenseman was coming to a close.

Reactions: zar and KlefDown

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know a lot of Oiler fans were sad to see Smid go because he was a warrior for us, but even though Brossoit turned into nothing (I don't recall anyone saying he would be a franchise goalie, but we did need a prospect like him anyway), the real value to that deal was moving Smid as injuries were starting to become a problem and he had lost his spot in our top 4. He was a great Oiler, and he was traded at exactly the right time - just before his time as a capable every night NHL defenseman was coming to a close.
Smid was always the Oiler I respected most. It's a shame injuries shortened his career, he was indeed a warrior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad