Proposal: Oilers-Flames

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
To Edmonton: TJ Brodie

To Calgary: Nurse

Nurse hasn't improved as anticipated. Brodie gets a fresh start too.

Who adds?

What? Nurse is doing just fine.

... and no, we are not trading Nurse for 2 years of Brodie. The Oilers are not in a win on the next 2 years situation... we just finished 20th overall in the league. You do realize that Nurse's stat line is moving in the right direction while Brodie's is not... and that stat line was nearly identical last season.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No thanks. Getting 5 years older and gaining salary that we dont have room for.

"Nurse hasnt improved as inticipated"
The guy's 23 and has been improving every single year. He just played top pair and around 23 minutes of the toughest minutes a night. His skating and size/physicality are incredible. His defensive skills and offensive skills have been getting better and better year to year. He has huge potential and is considered to be one of the untouchables by the org.

This is a complete no go for Edmonton. We aren't gifting our best dman at the age of 23 to our biggest rivals for their second pairing guy who's 5 years older. Nurse's upside is huge and we won't trade him unless we get a better and younger or same age piece back.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oilers message board. And the naked eye

Yeah, when you think your team is going to win the cup and you end up 20th in the league you'll find that most of the fans of your team will think that everything sucked.

Nurse was by far Edmonton's most improved player last year. Go back and actually watch some hockey. If the Oilers board (where I enjoy chatting all the time) told you that gold was worth the same as silver would you trade me your 1KG of gold for my 1KG of silver? I think not.

Edit: Some people might want to say Khaira was our most improved player. He had a great year too. It's close. I'm going with Nurse.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Yeah neither team does it. Nurse is developing well, but Flames best RS Dman would be Hamonic and Stone would be a top 4 Dman in this trade... If one of them is injured? Ouch. Likewise, Oilers would rather have a more cost controlled and higher potential Nurse.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
bad for oilers, they get a upgrade in center by a decent amount i mean nuge is on a upswing after being meh,
but they get a pretty big downgrade on defene, considering age and current play of the two defenders.
money> nuge
nurse>>brodie

more value needs to go back to the oilers.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
Am I missing something? Monahan and Brodie in this deal?

Calgary is not trading Monahan. He is our first line center!

I like RNH and Nurse. Yet to trade our top line center and top pairing dman for this package would be a massive mistake.

Change RNH to Drai and then we could discuss it. Even then I dont like it.

Are Nurse and RNH top line players? Monahan is and Brodie was in the past.

This trade will never happen.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Exactly he took massive strides last year.

He was one of the few bright spots for us, positive possession player and was able to face tough matchups. His defensive play and development is something to legitimately be happy about.
yeah, I also wouldn't be shocked if he breaks 40 points with some PP time. I would take him over Brodie extremely easily

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I dont think either team does the second one tbh. We love Nurse and RNH has incredible chemistry with Mcdavid. Calgary gets an upgrade on d but lose their 1c.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad