Oilers fan here, really want Adam Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Dude, Larsson ain't comin' cheap.

If RNH is your idea of "cheap," ok then.

I think when he says cheap, it's relative to his future value.

Now I don't see how RNH or Draisatl are considered cheap, no matter the relativism, but I can see what he's saying.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Lets not go down the road of comparing McDavid, a guy considered a generational talent to Draisaitl. Instead, lets compare RNH to Draisaitl. As an 18 year old he put up 52 points in 62 games while Draisaitl put up a total of 9. Besides, lets not forget that you can convert a center to winger much easier than a winger to center and to have a guy that can play both positions is very valuable.

It would be a huge mistake for the Oilers to trade either guy.

Draisaitl's first season was a mess - he was put back and forth on the roster, didn't play consistently...and was completely mismanaged. RNH was given major role very early in his career. Comparing the two is apples and oranges.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lars is most likely staying right here.

As a fan I would want RNH or Hall straight up and I would not throw in any sweeteners on our side.

Pretty only thing that would make me consider a trade. No prospect will do it unless named McDavid. Has to be a NHL player.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Lars is most likely staying right here.

As a fan I would want RNH or Hall straight up and I would not throw in any sweeteners on our side.

Pretty only thing that would make me consider a trade. No prospect will do it unless named McDavid. Has to be a NHL player.

I'd go Lar's+ for RNH.

I love lars, prob my favorite guy on the squad, but u have to be realistic. That deal makes a ton of sense for NJ.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
not really.

then we're still looking for a future #1 DMan. don't tell me Severson because he hasn't show close to what Larsson has IMO

Larsson had a real good stretch this year, the promise is there, but let's not act like the guy is a lock for a #1 d-man.

Nor should we down play Severson's rookie season as a 20 yr old.

I really like Lars too, but this is where objectivity comes into play. Lars for RNH is a no brainer.

Happy

Nov 20, 2014
From a teem need pow the Severson +97oa for Drai makes alot of sense to me..
The Devils get a bluechip C and with him they dont have to draft a C but can trade down to 9-11 range and get Ranntanen or Meier + a early 2rd pick..

Loosing Severson hurts but i still think its a good trade..

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Larsson had a real good stretch this year, the promise is there, but let's not act like the guy is a lock for a #1 d-man.

Nor should we down play Severson's rookie season as a 20 yr old.

I really like Lars too, but this is where objectivity comes into play. Lars for RNH is a no brainer.

Trading Larsson or Severson right now does not make sense. Hell, personally, I don't think trading Merrill or Gelinas makes sense either but that side is more understandable. We don't have immediate replacements for any of these guys.

It will never be Larsson for RNH though, and that is the problem. It would be Larsson + for RNH. To be honest, Edmonton is better off just offer-sheeting Hamilton for something they can match. Keep an offer in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd threshold which I believe is around 7.3 and they will leave Boston scrambling to match.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Trading Larsson or Severson right now does not make sense. Hell, personally, I don't think trading Merrill or Gelinas makes sense either but that side is more understandable.

I agree. What I don't agree with is Merrill and Gelinas are more "understandable"

Gelinas becomes understandable IF he has to play on the right side to be comfortable, but our organizational depth is almost entirely right handed dmen (nice problem to have)

Larsson, Severson, Santini, Jacobs,
Hrabarenka, Scarlett, Mozik, McPherson and Rehill are ALL right handed Dmen...and that is just about everyone.

If the notion is "we have too many Dmen and enough forwards, trade one". It can only make sense to trade a right handed Dman.

The Left side is Merrill, Gelinas Helgeson, Burlon....it makes zero sense that two of this group is expendable and others from the top group are untouchable.

Tanaka

Aug 15, 2014
His post wasn't deleted. It was moved to the proposals thread where it should have been placed in the first place. I don't think this is a deal either team wants to make. I'd expect Larsson+ if we were dealing RNH. What would you guys want for Damon Severson?

Why does every post have to be buried in a consolidated page. I live in Vietnam and it's easier to find soldiers in the jungle than find threads about players

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Oilers fans are pumped for the Griffin Reinhart era :shakehead

We essentially dealt Barzall/33th overall for Reinhart. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Adam Larsson would have suited us better.

Happy

Nov 20, 2014
If Severson +97oa could have been traded for Leon D i Think that would have been better then what happend.

NJ would have Leon D and Provorov(6oa)
for
Zacha and Severson + 97oa

Leon feels like a better prospect then Zacha and Provorov feels better then Severson + hes a LHD a weaker position for NJ then RHD..

Now i dont really know/Think that 97oa as the + would have been enough, but if..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad