Oilers fan here, really want Adam Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Long-time Oilers fan here. I am dying to pick up Adam Larsson and wanted to check with NJD fans to see what you think new management has planned for him.

(I posted long post to our EDM board arguing we ought to deal Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Larsson...but it was deleted).

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd give him up for Ben Sievens and the rights to that really good Swedish stud goaltender that backed up for you last season. Flopsth or whatever his name is.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
His post wasn't deleted. It was moved to the proposals thread where it should have been placed in the first place. I don't think this is a deal either team wants to make. I'd expect Larsson+ if we were dealing RNH. What would you guys want for Damon Severson?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
His post wasn't deleted. It was moved to the proposals thread where it should have been placed in the first place. I don't think this is a deal either team wants to make. I'd expect Larsson+ if we were dealing RNH. What would you guys want for Damon Severson?

RNH... so, this was fun. Severson is nearly on the same level of Larsson in the eyes of a lot of Devils fans, mine included.

Realistically, neither will be moved and neither should be moved. They are our best two young defensemen and we can really build around them. Guys like Merrill and Gelinas are more expendable, shoot for those guys if anything.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

We arent moving Larsson + anything so there is your conversation

If you want Severson well then we still want Hall or RNH

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
RNH... so, this was fun. Severson is nearly on the same level of Larsson in the eyes of a lot of Devils fans, mine included.

Realistically, neither will be moved and neither should be moved. They are our best two young defensemen and we can really build around them. Guys like Merrill and Gelinas are more expendable, shoot for those guys if anything.

Yea, we need a RHD. O well, thats to rich for me. I doubt they'll get moved. Lou is to smart and I would feel like we got fleeced even if it looked like a lopsided deal for the Oilers.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto

Thanks Raab!

I'd say Severson plus a pick for RNH. Thing to watch is if we move picks for goalie (probably #33 overall)...and that may happen earlier in day tomorrow if we want to get goalie situation settled for D-man moves. If that happens, the Devils #36 overall selection will look more attractive to us.

For Severson deal, I'd say the following are worth exploring:
(1) RNH...for...Severson/#36 overall (and maybe another smaller piece).
(2) Draisaiti...for...Severson/#97 overall
(3) Draisaiti/#16 overall...for...Severson/#6 overall
(4) Draisaiti/#16 overall/#57 overall...for...Severson/Gelinas/#6 overall (we could then take Provorov or Werenski at #6).
(5) Straight picks from our side: #16 overall...for...Severson/#97 overall

As for other forwards, McDavid is untouchable and Hall is close to untouchable. So that leaves RNH, Yak and Drais and combination of picks to get something done.

Let turn the question back to NJD fans...What would you give up for those three guys (RNH, Yak, or Drais)?

Be Bold!!!!! :)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Thanks Raab!

I'd say Severson plus a pick for RNH. Thing to watch is if we move picks for goalie (probably #33 overall)...and that may happen earlier in day tomorrow if we want to get goalie situation settled for D-man moves. If that happens, the Devils #36 overall selection will look more attractive to us.

(4) Draisaiti/#16 overall/#57 overall...for...Severson/Gelinas/#6 overall (we could then take Provorov or Werenski at #6).

As for other forwards, McDavid is untouchable and Hall is close to untouchable. So that leaves RNH, Yak and Drais and combination of picks to get something done.

Let turn the question back to NJD fans...What would you give up for those three guys (RNH, Yak, or Drais)?

Be Bold!!!!!
:)

nothing.

im wondering what it would take to get joey moss though

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Raab!

Be Bold!!!!! :)

I say no to literally every one of those. #16 for Sev+#97 is insulting.

Devils fans usually tend to stay out of Fantasyland — so I'll go ahead and not discuss Larsson/Severson.

Merrill for Yakupov? Sure. But that's been shot down far too many times for me to bring it up seriously.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
And what has been the verdict?

That Edmonton only needs RHD and all of their LHD are better than anything we have. Including Greene, who wouldn't be on your top pairing. Also, Klefbom = Larsson. Lol.

Then that's when Severson and Larsson get brought up, Oil fans usually use Yakupov or 16 OA as a base... and that gets ripped to pieces. Rightfully so.

These discussions never end well, and it's the biggest reason why we rarely ever see youth-for-youth trades when it comes to young budding studs.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I say no to literally every one of those. #16 for Sev+#97 is insulting.

Devils fans usually tend to stay out of Fantasyland — so I'll go ahead and not discuss Larsson/Severson.

Merrill for Yakupov? Sure. But that's been shot down far too many times for me to bring it up seriously.

Yet...Draisaiti for Severson plus 4th rounder would get the job done!!

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Yet...Draisaiti for Severson plus 4th rounder would get the job done!!

Thanks for your input.

My turn.

You won't find many Devils fans here who would flip Severson for Drai. Especially after seeing what we saw last year in Sev, and the fact that Drai only has a handful of NHL games under his belt.

Draisaitl is about as sexy and bluechip a prospect can get, but he's still somewhat of an unknown. With where our organization is asset-wise, we can't be moving a tangible asset for a guy that has even a shred of uncertainty tagged to his name.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
That Edmonton only needs RHD and all of their LHD are better than anything we have. Including Greene, who wouldn't be on your top pairing.

The LH vs RH D-man discussion is more late signings. Not for Blockbusters. Larson, for example, will give his next team 10+ years of 25+ minutes a night playing two-way hockey. His responsibilities are greater than role players.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The LH vs RH D-man discussion is more late signings. Not for Blockbusters. Larson, for example, will give his next team 10+ years of 25+ minutes a night playing two-way hockey. His responsibilities are greater than role players.

I'm not sure what you're saying.

Are you suggesting Merrill doesn't have 10 years of minute-munching hockey ahead of him?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I remember Larsson's value went from sky high after the draft to dropping a ton Larsson+ for Eberle was being accepted here) and now has rebounded.

Just goes to show that with defense, you really have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad