Proposal: Oilers-Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Another knowledgable Duck fan . Drai is a Center.:lol:. Hockey must be a big sport down in Anahiem......

He's a center but he's not a number 1C. Just because he puts up huge numbers on McDavid's wing doesn't change that

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's cool, I just don't think that's his value.

So many pointless arguments on this site because of the failure to understand that "I wouldn't move X for any less than Y" is not the same thing as saying "X is equal to Y".

I really don't care if no one would make such an offer, we have no reason to move our best D in the first place.

Are we trying to find two players of perfectly equal value, or trying to discuss what it would take to pry away a player that a team has no interest in moving? Those are different discussions.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
So many pointless arguments on this site because of the failure to understand that "I wouldn't move X for any less than Y" is not the same thing as saying "X is equal to Y".

I really don't care if no one would make such an offer, we have no reason to move our best D in the first place.
You also don't speak for the Ducks so whatever you may think isn't the be all end all

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Another knowledgable Duck fan or is it the same one... . Drai is a Center.:lol:. Hockey must be a big sport down in Anahiem......
Didn't he play roughly the same amount of time last year on Mcdavid's wing as he did down the middle? Has ever play a full season at center?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Basically this. The Oilers are just too top-heavy and there's not much value outside their top 2C. If RNH is the base, the package would have to be something like RNH+Larsson+Nurse+Yamamoto+2019 1st+2020 1st and even then idk.

You have to overpay if you're trying to trade quantity for quality.
You have to overpay if you're asking for a player not being shopped.
You have to overpay if you're asking for a player from a division rival.

Oilers trying to get Lindholm hits all 3. It just doesn't make sense for them to do it. Any deal that the Ducks would say yes to the Oilers lose. They'll end up worse than they started.

Wow... all that for a single Norris vote (3rd place) Norris acheiver. The delusion is strong in this thread. Lindholm is a very good dman but this is ridiculous.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Another knowledgable Duck fan or is it the same one... . Drai is a Center.:lol:. Hockey must be a big sport down in Anahiem......

Draisaitl is as much a center as Joe Pavelski is one.

It’s still wild how underrated Lindholm is. He is without question in the 15-20th overall defenseman in the league bracket, if not higher. Saying “if Lindholm is a #1D, then why is his career high 34 points?” is akin to saying “if Draisaitl is a #1C then why is he only average defensively?”.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
Wow... all that for a single Norris vote (3rd place) Norris acheiver. The delusion is strong in this thread. Lindholm is a very good dman but this is ridiculous.

Sigh...you're not going to get Lindholm for fair value. What it would cost is going to be way more than what his actual value is. The reasons are in the post you just quoted. Not trying to get into the value vs cost discussion again. That's literally been repeated ad nauseam for the first 3 pages of the thread.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Yes, of course a team that has its cup window closing soon-ish will give your team, which happens to play in the same Division, their 24 yo top 5 defensive D for your lesser pieces while also providing a cap hit relief for you.

Get real.

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
I agree that it's ridiculous but you're not going to get fair value for EDM. As I said earlier, you're trying to make a quantity trade for a guy who's not being shopped from a division rival. It's not going to happen without a ridiculous overpay. The price for a bonafide #1D at 5m AAV for the next 4 years is already steep even without factoring the circumstances.

Also, value-wise the Ducks are getting a 2C, two #4-6 D, a promising prospect, and two 1sts. It's a lot coming back but too much quantity and not enough quality so I still don't think they go for it.

Long story short, we've probably never seen a trade like this and we likely never will because the Oilers would need to gut their team to do it.
You sound insane.

Reactions: 780il

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
LOL...

2017-18 ES line combos for LD
1. LD-McDavid-Maroon - 45.9%
2. LD- McDavid- Lucic - 16.6%

That alone makes up 62.5% and are the two most frequent line combos LD was on last year.

Leon Draisaitl - Full Stats, Line Combos and Game Logs

Educate yourself and then talk
Leon Draisaitl - Frozen Tools

hmmm. two different sources say different things

Even Strength Line Combinations

25DRAISAITL,LEON - MAROON,PATRICK - MCDAVID,CONNOR
9.1DRAISAITL,LEON - LUCIC,MILAN - MCDAVID,CONNOR
8.8DRAISAITL,LEON - KHAIRA,JUJHAR - STROME,RYAN
6.7CAMMALLERI,MICHAEL - DRAISAITL,LEON - LUCIC,MILAN
4.9CAGGIULA,DRAKE - DRAISAITL,LEON - STROME,RYAN
4.6ABERG,PONTUS - CAGGIULA,DRAKE - DRAISAITL,LEON
3.9DRAISAITL,LEON - LUCIC,MILAN - PULJUJARVI,JESSE
3.5CAMMALLERI,MICHAEL - DRAISAITL,LEON - MCDAVID,CONNOR
3.1DRAISAITL,LEON - MCDAVID,CONNOR
2.7CAGGIULA,DRAKE - DRAISAITL,LEON - SLEPYSHEV,ANTON
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
this says leon and connor were together of 37.6% EV 5v5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780il

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Leon Draisaitl - Frozen Tools

hmmm. two different sources say different things

Even Strength Line Combinations

25DRAISAITL,LEON - MAROON,PATRICK - MCDAVID,CONNOR
9.1DRAISAITL,LEON - LUCIC,MILAN - MCDAVID,CONNOR
8.8DRAISAITL,LEON - KHAIRA,JUJHAR - STROME,RYAN
6.7CAMMALLERI,MICHAEL - DRAISAITL,LEON - LUCIC,MILAN
4.9CAGGIULA,DRAKE - DRAISAITL,LEON - STROME,RYAN
4.6ABERG,PONTUS - CAGGIULA,DRAKE - DRAISAITL,LEON
3.9DRAISAITL,LEON - LUCIC,MILAN - PULJUJARVI,JESSE
3.5CAMMALLERI,MICHAEL - DRAISAITL,LEON - MCDAVID,CONNOR
3.1DRAISAITL,LEON - MCDAVID,CONNOR
2.7CAGGIULA,DRAKE - DRAISAITL,LEON - SLEPYSHEV,ANTON
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
this says leon and connor were together of 37.6% EV 5v5.

That doesn't add up to 100%, so that's 37.6% out of 72.3% showing, so a little over half still. I'm guessing the missing 28% is from power play?

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Lindholm is a cornerstone piece for the Ducks. Stepped onto a playoff contender and almost instantly became the best defensive D on an elite defensive team. His offensive contributions are minimized by the fact that he sees little PP time (I have no clue why). Watching him play every game I can see the potential to score more if freed up to do that. The skill is there. He is 24, on a great contract, and becoming more physical each year. It would take much more than this offer to pry him away from Ducks.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
That's absolutely not how you value a player. A package of RNH, Yam, Larsson, Nurse and 2 1sts? That package would net McDavid ffs.

Not sure how many times I have to say it...do people even read the thread?

This package is the cost, not the value. There's no way in hell Lindholm's value is worth all that but the cost is going to be way higher than Lindholm's value because he's not being shopped, the return is a quantity return, and he's going to a division rival. The fact that Larsson and Nurse have way more value to EDM than they would to ANA just accentuates how bad it is for EDM.

This is a trade that shouldn't and won't ever happen because the Ducks have no reason to do any favors for a division rival. The same would happen if the Ducks approached EDM asking for McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad