Proposal: Oilers-Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
Larsson instead of Nurse or Bouchard instead of Bear might make the value closer but why would the Ducks trade Lindholm?

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I'm a big Nurse fan, but this doesn't make much sense for the Ducks. Why do they do this?

As ChaoticOrange said above, Lindholm<-->Draisaitl is what the Ducks would be looking for if for some reason they felt the need to move the backbone of their current and future young D core.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Ducks would want a massive overpayment from a divisional foe. Nothing the Oilers would wanna give up. Definitely more than Nurse and Bear

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
Larsson instead of Nurse or Bouchard instead of Bear might make the value closer but why would the Ducks trade Lindholm?

Even all 4 of those don't get it done. Quantity for Quality trades means the quantity side is going to have to severely overpay. Lindholm won't be moved unless the return is Drai+ or RNH++. Lindholm is a #1D, signed to a good contract, and still has lots of potential to improve. He won't go to a division rival barring a huge overpay, especially when that rival is a #1D away from being serious cup contenders.

If the Oilers try and pry Lindholm from the Ducks, they likely overpay and end up worse. They're better off chasing a guy outside the division like Trouba where they could at least get fair value from their assets.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I am a big believer in Nurse. That being said, I would make this deal in a heartbeat... that tells me the Ducks wouldn’t.

Not saying that a few years down the road I might look back on the above comment and say “what was I thinking?”... but a lot would have to go right.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
what would it take to bring Mahura to Edmonton?

PPG defenseman in the WHL. Similar production to guys like Rielly/Montour in their junior careers. Right now, probably a middle 6 NHL forward or a solid F prospect. Doesn't make sense to move him for less for the ducks since he could be a top 4 NHL D in a few years.

This upcoming year in the AHL will probably be a good indicator of his potential moving forward. Thus far he seems like the Ducks top offensive D prospect.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nurse is a brain dead defenseman.

Lindhold for McDavid is closer than this proposal.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
So, RNH & Nuree doesn't work? That's a lot going to Anaheim.

If Anaheim moves Lindholm, aside from a situation where there are mitigating circumstances, it would likely be in a deal similar to the one we saw involving Seth Jones. So a package with more pieces isn't improving things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad