Proposal: Oilers-Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
He’s not grossly overpaid, just a little overpaid, and he’d be your 1C anyway, so zip it.

I actually agree with this and I think it's pretty much what I said when he signed his contract. Drai was going to be slightly overpaid for a few years, worth it for a couple, then slightly underpaid for the rest. Lindholm will be a bargain for his whole contract, though. I would want to see how he handles being a 1C before labeling him an elite 1C (assuming he still plays on McDavid's wing). Otherwise, he's an elite 2C/ elite 1st line winger (definitely not a bad thing)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm
for
Draisaitl
Is probably close to fair deal.. but as long as Getzlaf is still a productive 1c, no point in making that move.

Plus I imagine eventually fowler will be the guy traded for center help if Larsson/mahura pan out because hes a little older/expensive and doesn't impact that game as much as Lindholm does.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Larsson instead of Nurse or Bouchard instead of Bear might make the value closer but why would the Ducks trade Lindholm?

Larsson is less appealing than Nurse but neither is close to enough coming back alongside RNH to justify moving Hampus.

I will echo others in the thread who say it would take Draisaital coming back for us to move him to a divisional rival.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I have a legitimate question for Ducks fans, if Lindholm is a bonafide 1d how is his career high only 34 points?

He did just play at a 15 goal, 37 point pace.

The main reason for his lack of production is a lack of PP opportunities and that he hasn’t quite put it all together in terms of offensive consistency . If he was on the first unit he would probably produce in the 40-45 point range but unfortunately he’s not getting that PP time yet.

As for how he is a bonafide number 1D without huge production - he’s that good defensively. Although it depends what your definition of bonafide 1D is. I have him in the 15-20 range, nowhere near your Doughtys, Hedmans or Karlssons of the world but he would certainly be a 1D on around half the teams league wide.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Closer but to consider moving Lindholm it would take a young C who has likewise proven to be top 15 at his position. Draisaitl isn't quite there, and the difference in contracts is an extra reason to prefer Lindholm.
You're not getting a top 15 C for Lindholm IMO. I dunno any team that has one that would trade them for Lindholm. I think Draisaitl is fair value for Lindholm. Having Getzlaf and Draisaitl down the middle would be pretty good.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
You're not getting a top 15 C for Lindholm IMO. I dunno any team that has one that would trade them for Lindholm. I think Draisaitl is fair value for Lindholm. Having Getzlaf and Draisaitl down the middle would be pretty good.

That's what it would take to pry him away, there's no expectation or desire to move Lindholm.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It wasn't a knock against Draisaitl, not sure why you're arguing about it really. But if you're trying to value a defensive-defenseman based on offense only.. then you, my friend, are doing it wrong.

Personally, I value a high end defenseman over a high end winger. I just think they are more valuable to a team and harder to acquire.
Another knowledgable Duck fan or is it the same one... . Drai is a Center.:lol:. Hockey must be a big sport down in Anahiem......

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad