Oilers Draft Watch, The Road to the Draft (Oilers Finish 28th; 11.5% at McDavid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Hall-nugent hopkins-eberle
Yakupov-draisaitl-strome
Pouliot-lander-miller
Hendricks-gordon-klinkhammer

Nikitin-schultz
Klefbom-hainsey
Ference-fayne

Scrivens
Bachman

Last place

I mean, you've gotta ask... We once let a really good starting goaltender out of our grasp, when are we going to give Ben Scrivens a chance to prove himself as a starting goalie? When do we, when do we give a player like Nikita or Ron (Hainsey) a try at being a top 4 defenceman? And when you look at a player like Leon, I mean, he put in a lot of hard work in the WHL season, and Dylan Strome is a talented player, when do you give them an opportunity to flourish as top six, top nine players? I know several GMs who would trade their roster for ours, gladly, but I don't really know them because, you know, I've only been on the job for 26 months. That's not a lot of time to get to know people, you know.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Now that we have 3rd pretty much locked up I wonder if we should do a thread to keep track of the Pittsburgh pick. So exciting watching that pick tumble!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
RIP Senators.

Oh well, hopefully Pittsburgh remains dysfunctional enough to get bounced early in the first round. Another pick somewhere before 20 is nothing to sneeze at in this draft.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Aaaaaand that's why it's nice to have the best player on the planet on your team. Crosby won't be denied tonight it looks like.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Big win.. 1 point back, two games remaining.

Thing is that Pittsburgh gets the Islanders and Sabres next. The Islanders have also been sucking and are only two points up on Pittsburgh, so depending on who has the series tiebreak this season (I'm not sure) a win against NYI could put Pittsburgh into 3rd in their division and therefore out of the wildcard picture altogether.

And then they play the Sabres.

Ottawa meanwhile gets the team that just clinched the President's trophy next.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Sens win in OT. Making the safe assumption that Pittsburgh can beat the Sabres, the Sens need to win out and the Islanders need to beat the Pens in regulation on Friday. Boston would also need 4 points in their final three games to flush the Pens.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Sens win in OT. Making the safe assumption that Pittsburgh can beat the Sabres, the Sens need to win out and the Islanders need to beat the Pens in regulation on Friday. Boston would also need 4 points in their final three games to flush the Pens.

Detroit would probably have to consider winning a game here as well. Pittsburgh holds the tiebreak on them, too.

Unless TSN just hasn't updated Detroit's win from today yet, which given how their site is run recently would not surprise me.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Thing is that Pittsburgh gets the Islanders and Sabres next. The Islanders have also been sucking and are only two points up on Pittsburgh, so depending on who has the series tiebreak this season (I'm not sure) a win against NYI could put Pittsburgh into 3rd in their division and therefore out of the wildcard picture altogether.

And then they play the Sabres.

Ottawa meanwhile gets the team that just clinched the President's trophy next.

NYI are 3-1 in season series so far against Pit so they would win tiebreaker if they are tied

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Big win.. 1 point back, two games remaining.

Yeah but Buffalo at the end of the season. This Pens team is junk and undeserving of the playoffs but they will get in because of a strong first half of the season.

It's a shame because I'd love to see Ottawa get in and of course to see the Oilers get a 2nd lottery ticket but it won't happen. Ottawa could thank those missed opportunities against Toronto for that.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Now that we have 3rd pretty much locked up I wonder if we should do a thread to keep track of the Pittsburgh pick. So exciting watching that pick tumble!

Please don't. Threads to cheer against another team aren't allowed and we'd have to shut it down.

We can discuss that pick in this thread.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
With the win tonight, the Oilers have locked up 28th in the standings.

We have a 11.5% chance of winning the McDavid sweepstakes.
We have a 45% chance of remaining with the 3rd OV pick.
We have a 55% chance of being bumped to the 4th OV pick.

This will be the last thread of this nature. Use the Draft Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad