Oilers Draft Watch, The Road to the Draft (Oilers Finish 28th; 11.5% at McDavid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Fantastic game between the Flyers and Pens... we owe a debt of gratitude to Mason as he's been rock solid in net for the Flyers in this game.

Malkin and Comeau yapping at each other as the team starting to implode just a little on itself as they struggle to try and find a way to win. I love it. :)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Man you watch a game like this Flyer-Pens game and you really realize how far the Oilers are from ever being a team with the heart, grit and intensity to compete in games like this.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
so thats what a Rivalry game looks like
intense!
Philly fan being Philly fan....boooing Crosby every time he touched the puck, chanting "Crosby sucks" and chanting "You can't beat us"

Pens crumbling down the stretch

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is crazzy. If Ottawa, Detroit and Boston win out, the Pens are OUT. Unbelievable.

The Pens and Flyers always play highly entertaining hockey. Second best rivalry behind Habs-Bruins, maybe the best. Legit hate between them.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
This is crazzy. If Ottawa, Detroit and Boston win out, the Pens are OUT. Unbelievable.

The Pens and Flyers always play highly entertaining hockey. Second best rivalry behind Habs-Bruins, maybe the best. Legit hate between them.

Well there's still the Capitals in that mix. They are 2 points up on the Pens(I believe tie breaker will go to Pit with 1 more ROW) and they still play @Det, BOS, NYR to close out. Ideal scenario tonight is a 3 point game between the Caps and Wings and of course the Sens to win.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Not really surprised about the pens, they've been wilting in tough games for half a decade now.

I feel sorry for Pens fans though, they may have their cup win with the Crosby core, but the hiring of Kevin Lowe of the East will ensure that it will be the last and only cup for that core in Pittsburgh.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well there's still the Capitals in that mix. They are 2 points up on the Pens(I believe tie breaker will go to Pit with 1 more ROW) and they still play @Det, BOS, NYR to close out. Ideal scenario tonight is a 3 point game between the Caps and Wings and of course the Sens to win.

Oh, forgot about the Caps. Well, lets hope that the Pens have lost to the Sens and Islanders going into the Buffalo game. If so, they could be eliminated before that game I believe if the other 3 teams do their part. As you said, a Wings win over the Caps tonight would be perfect.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Pitts will beat Buffalo and lose to NYI and Ottawa, ending the season with 97 points.

Boston will win against Washington and Florida and lose to Tampa... ending the season with 99 points.

Ottawa will beat TOR, PIT and PHI but lose to the rangers... ending the season with..98 points...So Pitts will miss imo

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Pitts will beat Buffalo and lose to NYI and Ottawa, ending the season with 97 points.

Boston will win against Washington and Florida and lose to Tampa... ending the season with 99 points.

Ottawa will beat TOR, PIT and PHI but lose to the rangers... ending the season with..98 points...So Pitts will miss imo

And so it was prophecied. The Penguins were to wither away whilst the Senators would rise in glory.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think you're going to see some extra effort from Buffalo if Ottawa and NYI beat Pittsburgh. They're the evil empire in the East and teams would love them to miss the playoffs.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Go Sens! Should be a good game tonight. Can't wait to see the Sens-Pens game Tuesday. It could be an elimination game:handclap:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

The worse Pitts gets ; the better. To even further generalize it, Perron hasn't been that great for the pens. Poor Perron. :laugh:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I think you're going to see some extra effort from Buffalo if Ottawa and NYI beat Pittsburgh. They're the evil empire in the East and teams would love them to miss the playoffs.

Also Buffalo already sealed 30th I think so the players can actually put some legit effort for a change:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad