Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 4-3 (Horvat, Myers, Pettersson)

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Honestly, this is the least invested I've ever felt in regards to Canucks hockey since the 2007-2008 season. And it was because I lived on the East coast of the US when that happened so it was just hard to catch games in general.

Just a general feeling of being defeated. So much complacency and lack of expectations to do anything. This will make 6 of 8 years drafting in the top 10 and ownership/good chunk of the fanbase thinks Benning's doing a good job because "hE dRaFteD pETTerSsoN aNd HuGHes." Like, this team had many GMs get s**tcanned for less and you would hope with all those picks you would have something to show for on the roster.

Just tired of this team culture over the years of having this perpetual inferiority complex where you just build the Maginot Line by stuffing the roster full of "2-way players" so you don't get murdered as badly by Gretzky and company or any other modern equivalent.

Don't even have an outlet to express anger any more, it's just a general feeling of being resigned to "yep, this is how it is."

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I really am done with Roussel. Totally turned the game around, and not for us.

Also furious with Green. Game tied 3-3, Horvat line has our first sustained pressure and offensive zone time. Gains an offensive zone face off. Oilers put out third or fourth line. Perfect chance to put the Lotto Line out to press the attack. Green instead comes out with Beagle’s unit, who immediately get brought to the other end of the ice and the Oilers get the 4-3 goal. Buffoonery I haven’t seen since Willie Desjardins was the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad