Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Saw somebody on twitter make up their own concept of how the away jerseys could potentially look like.

DDS84UgXkAAUxoB.jpg

Orange yokes on white don't look as bad as I thought they would. Maybe for a future Heritage Classic we could rock the Alberta Oilers whites.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
As disappointed as I am with the new homes, that downgrade is nothing compared to any of those. Our aways were the best in the league. Those are just ok

It actually surprises me that they didn't even attempt as one of the concepts a navy version of what we currently use, with blue shoulders and two blue stripes on arms/waist. I'd say that's the most likely to happen, since our current aways fit the template pretty well, just need the shade adjustments.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Away jersey is exactly as I expected and exactly how it should be. It looks awesome!

My only complaint is that the text looks a little weird (specifically the smaller text like name, arm numbers, and captain patch) with the orange directly outlining the blue, but it's a small complaint.

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The colours remind me of the Sabres colours. The orange is a slight bit darker but you could slap a Sabre logo on that and it wouldn't look out of place.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Away jersey is exactly as I expected and exactly how it should be. It looks awesome!

My only complaint is that the text looks a little weird (specifically the smaller text like name, arm numbers, and captain patch) with the orange directly outlining the blue, but it's a small complaint.

It's a throwback to the Oilers' first year NHL jerseys with the number style

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Oilers/Oilers01.html

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
It's a throwback to the Oilers' first year NHL jerseys with the number style

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Oilers/Oilers01.html

I suppose it is, never noticed that part.

I tend to be of the belief that if you want to throwback to a style that doesn't necessarily look as good as what you can otherwise choose, you should probably save it for a 3rd jersey or heritage classic jersey, but at least there is indeed some reason for them being that way.

But again, small complaint anyways. The jerseys as a whole look great.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Love it. Man, that new orange really pops off of the white. And it may just be me, but I quite like how the numbers look with the direct outline. Makes the numbers look... "stronger" in a way, I guess. That's the best I can describe it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Love it. Man, that new orange really pops off of the white. And it may just be me, but I quite like how the numbers look with the direct outline. Makes the numbers look... "stronger" in a way, I guess. That's the best I can describe it.
The outlines are also thicker than last year. The numbers will be easier to read on the orange jerseys, so maybe Kevin Quinn won't screw up as much.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
how it looks on.

The design is perfect. Blue encapsulated in orange on a white background. Very loyal to the classic jersey.

I saw the fan mock-ups that had the arm stripes as orange-blue-orange and was hoping they wouldn't botch the striping like that. They thankfully didn't.

Or the ones that had the shoulder yolk as orange. That would've been nasty as well. Might've looked good on knit sweaters in the 70s but not now.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I think this is the first time in my life I have preferred the whites over the other uni. I think they look great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad