Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Yep. It's no different than any business where the kid slowly gets more and more involved.

And the majority of those businesses go in the ****ter because Tommy Boy doesn't know how to run the business, it got handed to him by daddy. Employees rarely respect the owners son.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Yep. It's no different than any business where the kid slowly gets more and more involved.

And the majority of those businesses go in the ****ter because Tommy Boy doesn't know how to run the business, it got handed to him by daddy. Employees rarely respect the owners son.

It totally depends on the person.

I've been part of a family business for years and the owner's son gets mad respect because he works his ass off and respects everyone in the company. The owner is slowly transitioning into retirement and we're all pretty happy knowing that the son will take his place.

The Katz kids seems pretty mature and I'm sure they'll do fine. They'll obviously have lots of help around them.

Look at the Chicago Blackhawks. Bill Wirtz was running that franchise into the ground and his son Rocky immediately turned them into a champion and one of the most respected teams in the league.

oilborn

Jun 25, 2009
Am I the only one who noticed in that one pic of him taking off his blazer to try on the new jersey that it looks like the inside of his blazer is lined with pics of ladies in bras?
I circled the examples
UZpoKxH.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
DD_rvAMXUAAkVhs.jpg:large

mcdavid_connor1280.jpg

I still prefer the white jersey from last season. I think the numbering looks way better with the white separating the 2 dark colours. You need the white to create some contrast.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Am I the only one who noticed in that one pic of him taking off his blazer to try on the new jersey that it looks like the inside of his blazer is lined with pics of ladies in bras?
I circled the examples
UZpoKxH.jpg

Zoomed in on his blazer and it looks like a bunch of French-style drawings of a woman, maybe in a 1920s fashion.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

mcdavid_connor1280.jpg

I still prefer the white jersey from last season. I think the numbering looks way better with the white separating the 2 dark colours. You need the white to create some contrast.

I think that, looking back, most people will always consider our last year's blues and whites to be the quintessential classic Oilers jerseys. If they have to do change for change's sake, and that's precisely what this is from a marketing standpoint, the new unis aren't too bad. Also, not sure if triple colors on numbers is even a thing anymore, with the new process Adidas uses.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

mcdavid_connor1280.jpg

I have to agree. The colors on the Adidias jersey dont pop at all so the white would have really helped IMO.

That said I do like them.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Yeah, but sometimes not. Chicago took off quite well after Bill passed away leading into Rocky taking over. Rocky was able to move on from some old school philosophies of his dad's and the attendance took off, better TV coverage followed, etc. So you never know.

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton

CCM is doing their annual photoshoot.

Can't quite tell for sure, but looks like we are returning to the all blue gloves with orange lettering, like in 15/16. It also looks like the pants have been changed slightly, with the stripes being uniform all the way down (as opposed to widening at the bottom).

Looks sharp! :handclap:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Can someone photo shop the inevitable navy blue 3rds

$

These were Del Preson's photoshops at the start of the thread. His other two concepts ended up being pretty close, so if they go for a navy blue it would look something like this, except with the new orange instead, a slight blue tweak, and the new template.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
$

These were Del Preson's photoshops at the start of the thread. His other two concepts ended up being pretty close, so if they go for a navy blue it would look something like this, except with the new orange instead, a slight blue tweak, and the new template.

Those will be sharp

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I think the navy would look better without the shoulder yoke, like the '96-07 darks. I'll photoshop a few photos tonight or tomorrow.

CCM is doing their annual photoshoot.

Can't quite tell for sure, but looks like we are returning to the all blue gloves with orange lettering, like in 15/16. It also looks like the pants have been changed slightly, with the stripes being uniform all the way down (as opposed to widening at the bottom).

Looks sharp! :handclap:
That's a good looking uniform.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
The navy blue looks almost black when it's up against the new orange shade

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Went to check em out, and yeah just not a fan of the darker blue. Perhaps it will grow on me if they continue to win. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad