News Article: Oilers "culture change" a big reason for historic start

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
You two just need to get a room and get it over with.
No shit. I clicked this thread after a few days not following hoping to get the latest instalment from the Propaganda Book of Culture. Imagine my disappointment ....

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I said it before this team is essentially exactly like the last 4 teams we have had.
We have to get 3 points form our only two players and get good goaltending and then we can win.
We still have nothing behind our top two guys (Neal has scored for us but he also is not great defensivelyy...hmmph the same thing people are raking our stars for.)

The coach is a vet coach with s system just like mac and hitch etc etc etc.

The defense is still bad at contributing.

Same team different years.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I said it before this team is essentially exactly like the last 4 teams we have had.
We have to get 3 points form our only two players and get good goaltending and then we can win.
We still have nothing behind our top two guys (Neal has scored for us but he also is not great defensivelyy...hmmph the same thing people are raking our stars for.)

The coach is a vet coach with s system just like mac and hitch etc etc etc.

The defense is still bad at contributing.

Same team different years.

Special teams are massively improved. Goaltending is better as well.
The D zone coverage has improved as well. Is it where it should be for this team to be as consistent as it needs to be...no.
But it has improved and this team is evolving.

This years team just has to tread water at 5x5 to win games...that was never a reality before Tippett got here.

If you dont think any of that is true then I think you have been watching the wrong season so far.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Y'all got any more of that culture?

giphy.gif

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Culture is like a gold digging mistress ... she bolts and doesn't want anything to do with anything once the money (winning) dries up, but she'll come back around to take credit any time things are remotely good.

She's hanging out with her sister "deterrence."

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Our culture of goalies saving the day and legendary special teams has gone sour. Our culture of being terrible 5v5 however has been remarkably consistent all year,

Reactions: MessierII

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Good thing I wasn't paying attention to the nonsense walls of text the OP was posting page after page.

This thread, & that article it is based on, has aged well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad