Oilers claim Matt Fraser

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
And Hackett for that matter, plus Draisaitl will slide when he goes down...I think
Draisaitl has played in more than 10 games this season so his contract does not slide.

I believe you're thinking of what the CBA terms "Accrued Seasons" which factors into free agency. If Draisaitl is on the roster for 40 games then that is one season towards free agency.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
The fans would get some much needed satisfaction from trolling Heatley. With our luck though, he'd end up liking it here and Mactavish would re sign him.

Doubtful, but they should test him. Show up or retire. Then claim Brodeur when the Blues waive him in a week or so. Might as well have fun with this since we're competing for last place.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Colin Fraser... Mark Fraser... now Matt Fraser.

I just hope the "get all the Frasers" strategy works out better than the "all the Schultz's" plan. :)

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
So some info from hockey db:

6'4"
204 lbs
Lefty

He's only 24 and spent most of his time in the minors between Dallas and Boston.

That's about all I know about him now.

Is he a 4th line crasher banger? He doesn't seem to have a lot of PIM's.

If he's better than Pinazotto I guess it's a good pick up.

You never know.
Bruins guys seem to think he's got a really good shot, but doesn't have the speed or skating to get himself into position to use it much. Somewhat defensively responsible but not a very good hockey player as a grinder and not quick enough for the top-6.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Colin Fraser... Mark Fraser... now Matt Fraser.

I just hope the "get all the Frasers" strategy works out better than the "all the Schultz's" plan. :)

Pretty sure their strategy is actually to get "all the McDavid's."

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I know very little of Fraser, but what I've read elsewhere seems good. Little risk at any rate.

claim everyone ever. See how they play. Dump them at the end of the season if you have to. We're going nowhere anyway.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory time... Bettman is pleading with some of the actual NHL teams to waive a few decent players to try and force the Oilers above 30th to save McDavid from having to land in this hockey hell of a franchise and having his talent squandered instead of showcased in a US market.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory time... Bettman is pleading with some of the actual NHL teams to waive a few decent players to try and force the Oilers above 30th to save McDavid from having to land in this hockey hell of a franchise and having his talent squandered instead of showcased in a US market.

Bettman underestimates the strength of our tank then. No one knows more about winning (the draft lottery) than Lowe.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

If Bettman had his ultimate wish, Eichel becomes the next superstar on the level of Crosby and plays for a market like Buffalo (or Arizona).

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Not a big fan of Fraser. Great wrister, but cant create shooting opportunities for himself. Issues with footspeed and balance. Stickhandling is meh and can't really pk.

Dont't really see much upside here, but at this point we can just start picking up fringe players on waivers and see if anything sticks. Hard to do much worse then the sad sacks we have know.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Serious for a moment... and I'm not knocking Fraser... but he has 6 goals in 51 games... how could Stauffer legitimately say he has a "knack" for anything? I doubt he's ever even seen him score an NHL goal outside of a highlight he probably just looked up this morning.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Serious for a moment... and I'm not knocking Fraser... but he has 6 goals in 51 games... how could Stauffer legitimately say he has a "knack" for anything? I doubt he's ever even seen him score an NHL goal outside of a highlight he probably just looked up this morning.

When I heard about this pick up I was and am still confused. Fraser is a fringe nhler who makes very little differences in games. We add another body that will be a healthy scratch more often then not.

It is no secret the buins were looking to move out a few bodies to kick their dressing room up the back side.

In the last 20 games--Fraser is 1 goal, 0 assists. 1pt. -4. 7pms. nothing on special teams and averaging about 8min a game.

Oilers need to shake up the top 6 not play musical chairs in the bottom 6

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
He walks into the dressing room...

HatQrjo.gif

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Always dislike this statement. Anything CAN get worse. It's almost asking for it to get worse.

Edit: I'm all in to bring Paajarvi back.

How can it get worse?

Hall breaks a femur or something? MacT ****S **** up better than anybody I know!

Hall/Nuge/Ebs all ask for a trade?

Even then, this team cant get much worse!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad