Oilers claim Matt Fraser

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Wait......grabs PRV jersey from back of closet......Claim him just so I can feel I didn't blow $200 bucks on a jersey I will never wear.
PRV ---Lander --- Yak
Send Leon down to juniors.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I'd pick up Heatley just to piss the dude off that he has to play for the Oilers. Then we send him to the minors lol.

As much as it would be great to do that, we can't. He'd go back to his original team (or whomever else put in waiver claims) if you send him down this year.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I'd waive Scrivs even! What harm is there. Fasth and Scrivs are hardly backup material!

I would reacquire PVR for sure!

This team honestly cannot get worse than it is.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Visually, centres are overrated.

All the elite basement teams fill up their rosters with wingers because they are so versatile.

As we've seen... wingers can usually play either wing just as ineffectively plus wingers don't necessarily have to have relatively strong defensive awareness... thus not adversely affecting any in-progress tanking strategy.

:laugh:

I'm going to use that term from now on!

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Too bad they're so close to the contract cap with MPS on the waiver wire.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
By my count the Oilers now have 49 contracts. Adding Pajaarvi would make it 50 so I don't see that happening.

That's why they should grab Hackett.

Goaltending is a bigger need. Even if he isn't a starter, you guys know what you have in your current tandem. They both look like they've keeled over.

On Fraser:

He's been a very good AHL player, and about as prolific as you can get as a goal scorer in that league the last couple of years.

He's a grind it out, muck it up player with good hands around the net.

He's never found a role, never scored enough at the NHL level for a top 6 role, and isn't a checker. If he can be a net front guy, it gives the Oilers something more of what they lack and moves away from the soft skill wingers that don't show up every night.

That alone in itself is a win.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I'd waive Scrivs even! What harm is there. Fasth and Scrivs are hardly backup material!

I would reacquire PVR for sure!

This team honestly cannot get worse than it is.

Always dislike this statement. Anything CAN get worse. It's almost asking for it to get worse.

Edit: I'm all in to bring Paajarvi back.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
But if the Oiler claim PVR how am I then going to switch my 91 Paajarvi jersey to a 97 McDavid???

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
The oilers dont need any more wingers, they need better wingers but it would be kinda awesome to get MPS back.

It makes me wonder with Fraser's acquisition if Pouliot is not recovering properly or something.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The oilers dont need any more wingers, they need better wingers but it would be kinda awesome to get MPS back.

It makes me wonder with Fraser's acquisition if Pouliot is not recovering properly or something.

Pouliot is back on the ice today I believe, I think it was just because Fraser is probably better then Pitlick and Pinnizotto

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Nice to see we at least picked Fraser up. Would've liked to get Roy though. C depth is our biggest issue...Would love to get Pääjärvi back. I think we could absolutely use him. Wouldn't mind giving Hackett a chance either and waive Fasth. It's clear he doesn't want to be here anyway.

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
By my count the Oilers now have 49 contracts. Adding Pajaarvi would make it 50 so I don't see that happening.
Sorry guys slight error here. As I understand it now Greg Chase and Darnell Nurse both fall under the entry level slide rule and thus do not count against the 50 contract limit.

So the true count for contracts this year should be 47.

PICK ME UP SOME PAJAARVI!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Sorry guys slight error here. As I understand it now Greg Chase and Darnell Nurse both fall under the entry level slide rule and thus do not count against the 50 contract limit.

So the true count for contracts this year should be 47.

PICK ME UP SOME PAJAARVI!

And Hackett for that matter, plus Draisaitl will slide when he goes down...I think

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
I hope Paajarvi can get on the right track but that will never happen here. Last thing the Oilers need is more players like Paajarvi.

At least Fraser has some push back but he has his work cut out here

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Hackett was considered a top goaltending prospect, might still have some game, may be worth a look, especially consider the lack luster tandem here now.

PRV is simple, it both trolls the Blues and gives the Oilers improved depth, he's cheap as well.

Heatley makes no sense unless it's to just troll Heatley which would be funny.
The fans would get some much needed satisfaction from trolling Heatley. With our luck though, he'd end up liking it here and Mactavish would re sign him.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'd like to see Paajarvi claimed because I think he'd get a shot to play with Yak, and I think he'd get some pretty decent minutes. There's always a chance that he finds some confidence again playing increased minutes in a bigger role. There's really no risk there.
I wouldn't mind seeing them claim Paajarvi either. He's been buried behind a mountain of depth in St. Louis so he may not have regressed as much as some people think. I suspect that he's actually better after spending a year and a half under Hitchcock compared to the guys who spent a year and a half under Eakins. He was really starting to improve his final season here and I was sad to see him go. He'd probably be our best forward until the rest of the team can be deprogrammed.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
So some info from hockey db:

6'4"
204 lbs
Lefty

He's only 24 and spent most of his time in the minors between Dallas and Boston.

That's about all I know about him now.

Is he a 4th line crasher banger? He doesn't seem to have a lot of PIM's.

If he's better than Pinazotto I guess it's a good pick up.

You never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad