Oilers Broadcast changes

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If anything, Jack sure keeps us guessing what verb he's going to use next. The "7-3 bulge" last night was fantastic.

It sounds more like something you'd hear in a sewing class than a hockey game ("Don't get too close to the edge Fran, that 7-3 bulge will make the patterns in your quilt uneven. ") but I thought it was hilarious.
And Fran sounds exactly like a name that would be enrolled in a sewing class.

Reactions: McFuhryous

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Listening on CHED tonight. Cam is doing great as usual, but Bob has reached a new level of interrupting, one-upping, and generally killing any chance of chemistry whatsoever.

It's almost as though he resents not getting to let loose with the irrelevant talkshow banter that he and Jack are infamous for.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I like Jack Michaels actually....but....

"the pleasure was all mine" after a loss is like a kick to my throat when we lose
My issue with that statement (and I posted this several years ago) is that it presumes someone has said something like ‘thank you’ or ‘it was a pleasure ~ing’. Jack is better on TV now that he’s away from Bob, but it’s still not really my pleasure.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Michaels strikes again. His pronunciations are just weird. Tierney, an easy to say 2 syllable name was pronounced Tyranny all night. I don't tune into a hockey game to here more about tyranny. I got enough of that elsewhere the past year..;)

I mean maybe he's right and its 3 syllables but I haven't heard any other broadcaster say the name like that.

But I can't even comprehend somebody pronouncing the name that way. At least "Hennis" isn't in the lineup.

Reactions: oilers'72

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I like Michael's hes been good, but not a fan of "opposing team really needs to score here" "if they get one here theyre back in the game (opposing team)"

Quit putting that energy in the air Jack, it pisses me off.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I like Michael's hes been good, but not a fan of "opposing team really needs to score here" "if they get one here theyre back in the game (opposing team)"

This is also the same guy who was auditioning for the LA Kings gig three years ago, and called the game as though it was just another Oilers broadcast on CHED.

At the risk of sounding harsh, I feel like Jack isn't nearly as genuinely attached to the Oilers as Rod was.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Quit putting that energy in the air Jack, it pisses me off.

Haha noticed this as well in multiple games and was equally as pissed off. Other than this annoyance haven't had any problems so far.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ooh. You may not have known this but it was a home game last night, hence no delay and a little easier than calling off a monitor :rolleyes:.
Good times indeed. Hits just keep comin. Education is tough .
Jack still making some player mistakes, mispronunciations, and using his annoying anecdotes while play going on. Must have been using a monitor last night.:laugh: Good times, education continues forever.:rolleyes:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't like "personality injected" into the play-by-play. I want it deadpan and accurate.

It actually angers me when the color commentator speaks, I don't care about your opinion Louie DeBrusk, keep it under 100 words per-night.

The color commentator could be completely removed as far as I'm concerned. Give the viewer the option of selecting audio streams.

The pumped in opinions are worse than the enthusiastic fan soundtrack. I'm not ten, I feel like they're trying to agitate me.

It's up there with someone not flushing a turd.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad