Oilers Broadcast changes

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I am watching Buffalo vs the Rangers and let me tell you... The people we have doing our broadcasts are world class compared to what some teams have. This dude for Buffalo is soooooo bad. RSN, CBC and TSN spoil the **** out of us. Michaels all day and all night, every day of the week over this.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
My opinion is that I didn't think they were very good. Get over it and stop acting all butt hurt because someone just criticized your ball hockey buddy. That's the childish thing here.
Then don’t act like a dick about it and dissing him. If you didn’t like his broadcasting, just say you didn’t like it instead of saying that high school crap you said. You think that wasn’t childish?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Is it any different though than the thousands of posts over the years insulting pretty much every single player, coach, GM or broadcaster? That was minor compared to stuff said about Bob and Jack over the years.
I guess it’s because he’s my friend lol

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Well, your opinion has very limited value as you were unaware that all/most the broadcasts that were been done from outside the locale of the game had a delay.
Fun times
That has nothing to do with getting players numbers and names incorrect, but carry on with your own invalid opinion. FWIW, Jack was much better last night and managed to get the players names and numbers correct for the most part, so I guess the monitors weren't giving him grief. :laugh: In the meantime, try finding yet another avatar and name for when you get booted off of here again. Good times.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yes, I know he has the cheesiest jokes and can seem like a goof, but really good to see Geno back last night. I thought in between periods with Sean Brown was much better and not so much of a snoozefest with Geno's upbeat personality, although Sean is still very stiff and I'm not sure is a good fit. If they could get Struds back in his place, that would be great.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
That has nothing to do with getting players numbers and names incorrect, but carry on with your own invalid opinion. FWIW, Jack was much better last night and managed to get the players names and numbers correct for the most part, so I guess the monitors weren't giving him grief. :laugh: In the meantime, try finding yet another avatar and name for when you get booted off of here again. Good times.
Ooh. You may not have known this but it was a home game last night, hence no delay and a little easier than calling off a monitor :rolleyes:.
Good times indeed. Hits just keep comin. Education is tough .

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I feel like the simple solution is to delay the feed we are getting so that the PBP matches

I wonder if the broadcasters have any obligations to broadcast the game within a certain delay. Too much of a delay makes it hard for in game sports betting.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I'll give this guy another chance at some point, maybe he's all right. But based on the two games I watched that he called, I was like, "Meh".... This is bad.

He kind of lost me with his endless analysis of the score. It was something like this:

"The Oilers down by two... so it's going to take not just one goal, but two goals just to tie... The Oilers now have a power-play opportunity to score... but they're going to need more than one goal... in fact they're going to need two. One goal won't be enough to tie the score. The Oilers will need two. If they scored three goals, they'd have the lead. But they haven't scored those goals yet. In fact, they're down by two. They have a power-play now. If they score one goal here on the power-play, they'd be down by one. After another one, they'd be tied. But for now, they're down by two goals..."

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If anything, Jack sure keeps us guessing what verb he's going to use next. The "7-3 bulge" last night was fantastic.

It sounds more like something you'd hear in a sewing class than a hockey game ("Don't get too close to the edge Fran, that 7-3 bulge will make the patterns in your quilt uneven. ") but I thought it was hilarious.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
If anything, Jack sure keeps us guessing what verb he's going to use next. The "7-3 bulge" last night was fantastic.

It sounds more like something you'd hear in a sewing class than a hockey game ("Don't get too close to the edge Fran, that 7-3 bulge will make the patterns in your quilt uneven. ") but I thought it was hilarious.
The best part of Jack on tv is having cam on the radio.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I like Jack Michaels actually....but....

"the pleasure was all mine" after a loss is like a kick to my throat when we lose
Yeah, IDK, I guess that's his catch phrase or something.
I'll give this guy another chance at some point, maybe he's all right. But based on the two games I watched that he called, I was like, "Meh".... This is bad.

He kind of lost me with his endless analysis of the score. It was something like this:

"The Oilers down by two... so it's going to take not just one goal, but two goals just to tie... The Oilers now have a power-play opportunity to score... but they're going to need more than one goal... in fact they're going to need two. One goal won't be enough to tie the score. The Oilers will need two. If they scored three goals, they'd have the lead. But they haven't scored those goals yet. In fact, they're down by two. They have a power-play now. If they score one goal here on the power-play, they'd be down by one. After another one, they'd be tied. But for now, they're down by two goals..."

He's still a million times better than good ol Kevin "fumble with his words every two seconds calling the name of a player 50 times in one play" Quinn. Dude's brain couldn't keep up with the speed of the sport and it was embarrassing. How he even lasted so many years is beyond me. I avoided watching Oilers games for years because of this. JM, I'm all in. He's sharp as a tack and yes, sometimes he rambles and he's by no means perfect but he's a massive upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad