Pre-Game Talk: Oilers at Vancouver || Saturday the 5th || 8:00pm MDT || "Unfriendly Faces"

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hall doesn't get pushed around like Gagner does and is halfway decent on the dot. I guess we'll see. It sounds like Eakins wants to go Nuge-Hall as the 1/2.

What made you say that? If anything it's the opposite, he was talking about how Arcobello played a good game so he has a tough decision to make.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Yakupov
Joensuu-Gordon-Hemsky
Gazdic-Acton-Brown

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
What made you say that? If anything it's the opposite, he was talking about how Arcobello played a good game so he has a tough decision to make.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Yakupov
Joensuu-Gordon-Hemsky
Gazdic-Acton-Brown

I think it may just be this, a swap here or there on RW actually [aside from brown]

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Yakupov
Joensuu-Gordon-Hemsky
Gazdic-Acton-Brown

MacT recalled a winger from OKC, and Stauffer was alluding to it on Oilers now this afternoon.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think it may just be this, a swap here or there on RW actually [aside from brown]

I'm in agreement, the three RW's are interchangeable at this point. Yakupov will probably be on the third line but here's to wishful thinking.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
MacT recalled a winger from OKC, and Stauffer was alluding to it on Oilers now this afternoon.

Yea they recalled Hamilton, I'm curious as to why. The only logical explanation is that a winger in the lineup is missing the next game for some reason whether it be injury or poor play. Smyth might be sitting the next game, or maybe Yakupov. Or neither of these things are true and Hamilton is just here for insurance.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Yea they recalled Hamilton, I'm curious as to why. The only logical explanation is that a winger in the lineup is missing the next game for some reason whether it be injury or poor play. Smyth might be sitting the next game, or maybe Yakupov. Or neither of these things are true and Hamilton is just here for insurance.

Or because they're going to send Arcobello back to OKC and play Hamilton as a LWer.
This is a far more likely scenario than Smyth or Yakupov being benched.
They have a bonafide #1C coming back from the IR, and for whatever reason they aren't done the Hall at C experiment.

My best guess is
Smyth-Hall-Hemsky
Joensuu-Nuge-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-Yakupov
Hamilton/Gazdic-Acton-Brown

I believe those were the lines at practice today, substituting Nuge in for Arcobello.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Or because they're going to send Arcobello back to OKC and play Hamilton as a LWer.
This is a far more likely scenario than Smyth or Yakupov being benched.
They have a bonafide #1C coming back from the IR, and for whatever reason they aren't done the Hall at C experiment.

My best guess is
Smyth-Hall-Hemsky
Joensuu-Nuge-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-Yakupov
Hamilton/Gazdic-Acton-Brown

I believe those were the lines at practice today, substituting Nuge in for Arcobello.

Ah I was thinking about next game, the one RNH isn't playing in. When RNH returns that is a likely scenario if they want to continue the Hall at C experiment, you're right.

Two scenarios I guess. Hall stays at C or moves to LW.

Smyth-Hall-Hemsky
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Joensuu-Gordon-Yakupov
Gazdic/Hamilton-Acton-Brown/Hamilton

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Hemsky
Joensuu-Gordon-Yakupov
Smyth-Acton-Gazdic/Brown/Hamilton

I much prefer the second lineup, especially if Smyth was pressboxed..but very doubtful that will end up happening.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
@JonathanWillis
Ryan Hamilton's been recalled because one of the #Oilers current players is questionable for Saturday and they want the healthy body.

And there we have it. I think if Arcobello plays well tomorrow night he's going to stick until Gagner returns.

Jul 19, 2012
Got a bad feeling....6-3 Vancouver. Dubnyk craps the bed again as the Oilers run around like chickens with their heads cut off in the 3rd. Eakins goes Patrick Roy on Torts when Sestito runs Eberle. Weise gets the living **** beat out of him by Gazdic in the best part of the game.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
@JonathanWillis
Ryan Hamilton's been recalled because one of the #Oilers current players is questionable for Saturday and they want the healthy body.

And there we have it. I think if Arcobello plays well tomorrow night he's going to stick until Gagner returns.
Ah good ole Oilers. Playing coy with possible injuries whilst driving their fans nuts in the process.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think Dubnyk is a good goalie, but the oilers currently don't have a line that can handle any real defensive pressure and the Sedins looked in top form against San Jose with their passing, going to take a lot of people improving quickly to pull that one out.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I think today broke the record for most proposed line combos on HfOilers.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
@JonathanWillis

With our luck, it's probably Perron, Yakupov or Hemsky.

Who am I kidding? It's all three.

#thecloneproject

I am Lorde

Feb 20, 2013
Canucks looked terrible vs SJ. They all seem to collapse in front of the net. Typical Torts team.

Move it around, use our speed and we will be fine. Luongo had a good game though. We need to get Jumbo Joe #2 in front of Lui all night.

Do we pronounce it "Yumbo Yoe" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad