Pre-Game Talk: Oilers at Vancouver || Saturday the 5th || 8:00pm MDT || "Unfriendly Faces"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Expecting a big game from Dubnyk and Hall. Both played like **** and they know it, will be trying to prove themselves against Van.

A win would be great (obviously).

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I don't think much of Torts, and actually think the Nucks downgraded in the coaching department.

All I hope is he start a brawl of some sort. Gazdic and Brown need to be able to fill their roles on the team. Send a message.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
The Oilers including Dubnyk are going to send a message tomorrow night, and the canucks are going to get ripped apart - luongo is going to get pulled and tortorella is going to yell alot.

Pop the corn, crack a beer or light a fatty its going to be a gooder IMO!

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I don't really care for a brawl especially with the size of our team, but I do hope our bigger guys throw some devastating hits out there.

Nothing would please me more than to see one of their top 6 leave the game after that goonfest in preseason.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Hopefully Gazdic can take a run at Bieksa or Edler.

I am not advocating injury, but if Gazdic and/or Brown play physical, I'd prefer they target the Sedins. The nucks went after our skilled guys, going after theirs sends a better message that trying to hit guys like Bieksa. And Edler isn't playing well right now, I'd prefer he stay in the Canucks lineup.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Yeah really it's best to leave Bieksa alone anyways. He uses his stick as a weapon a little too much when he gets upset. Maybe that's where Kassian learned it from.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
mUCMt.gif

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This is a game where I wish our 4th line was Gazdic-Eager-Smac. Line plays less then 3 minutes but each guy gets suspended for taking out the Sedins and Bieksa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I don't think much of Torts, and actually think the Nucks downgraded in the coaching department.

Not just that but Canucks had systems that worked and players that had used them for years.

Now they are going to new systems... That mixed with new coach, big egos, and the biggest question mark of them all in net.

Should be a good game for us.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This is a game where I wish our 4th line was Gazdic-Eager-Smac. Line plays less then 3 minutes but each guy gets suspended for taking out the Sedins and Bieksa.

IIRC at one point in his hockey career Brown was a center.

Gazdic-Brown-MacIntyre could be a possibility at some point and something that I'd like to see against teams like Calgary and Vancouver.

Last edited by a moderator:

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I am not advocating injury, but if Gazdic and/or Brown play physical, I'd prefer they target the Sedins. The nucks went after our skilled guys, going after theirs sends a better message that trying to hit guys like Bieksa. And Edler isn't playing well right now, I'd prefer he stay in the Canucks lineup.

I agree with this. I want Gazdic to target the Sedins. I am really excited for this game. Just hope that none of our guys get crunched.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Gadzic meet bieksa and wiese and every other coward on the nucks.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Violence begets violence. We target the sisters, which are the only stars on their team, they go after the stars on ours. Keep the goons and plugs out of the game, hit them where it really hurts, on the scoreboard. Take the last playoff spot from them like we did in 2006. Win the cup before them.

Seriously, I'm sick of watching hockey with less talented players b/c plugs and goons take up spots and injure the players I pay to see. Revenge can be dished out without fisticuffs.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Considering San Jose beat Vancouver 4-1 (and they were 0-8 on the PP) I think we'll see a motivated Nucks team on Saturday.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Violence begets violence. We target the sisters, which are the only stars on their team, they go after the stars on ours. Keep the goons and plugs out of the game, hit them where it really hurts, on the scoreboard. Take the last playoff spot from them like we did in 2006. Win the cup before them.

Seriously, I'm sick of watching hockey with less talented players b/c plugs and goons take up spots and injure the players I pay to see. Revenge can be dished out without fisticuffs.

For the last few seasons we have turned the other cheek to the Canucks and they keep running our star players. We need to pull a NYI on them or have Gadzic go "John Sott" on Danielle Sedin. This is hockey, you can't let a team keep bullying your stars.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

You should post more often Ralph. :sarcasm:

They already went after and targeted our young players. If the Oilers continue to turn the other cheek, teams like the Canucks will continue to make attempts to injure our stars.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Just heard his interview on OilersNow. I might have misheard what he said but I think he mentioned Nuge might take warmups against Vancouver tomorrow.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
I want EDM to physically stand up against VAN as much as anyone. However, I do question the mindset that you go after their star players.

If Gazdic runs D.Sedin I don't think Bieksa, Weise, and co. think they should tone it down and let up on Hall or Eberle, etc. I think it does the complete opposite, eye-for-an-eye and could put an even bigger target on our star's backs.

However, if EDM's tougher players initiate the conflict with the ones who are most likely to retaliate it not only distracts/takes them out of the game, it prevents them targeting our star players.

I don't really wanna see the Sedins get pummeled, and then watch Bieksa run Hall all day. I'd rather see Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler, Kassian, etc. get what's coming to them.

At the same time, I'd love it if Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Yak developed a bit more of a gritty edge after the whistles.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
anyone who think we overracted to our first lost needs to swing by the nucks board--not post-- just read the 3 or 4 threads they created after the Shark attack they received

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad