Half-Assed GDT: Oilers at Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
They looked good post Thomas. Blais going down is when things went south. Sanford is not a grinder
Plus Mac has stagnated. Needs to play with a lot more urgency.

I wish Blais would put up more points but at least he goes balls to the wall. That can be valuable in the playoffs and I think we’ll need him. Hard to imagine the team will trust Fabbri in the postseason anymore, and I don’t want Sanford in there much either.

Good thing Steen is finally down there.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Plus Mac has stagnated. Needs to play with a lot more urgency.

I wish Blais would put up more points but at least he goes balls to the wall. That can be valuable in the playoffs and I think we’ll need him. Hard to imagine the team will trust Fabbri in the postseason anymore, and I don’t want Sanford in there much either.

Good thing Steen is finally down there.
Jordan Nolan would be an excellent fill in if Blais cant recover

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
OT: question. If player has in AHL 700k salary per year. What kind of extra payment he would get if he gets call-up for 1 game?

Reactions: Bendak

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
OT: question. If player has in AHL 700k salary per year. What kind of extra payment he would get if he gets call-up for 1 game?

I'm not sure about the specifics of how a player's salary is paid out (paid out in increments over the full year or condensed over the course of the playing season).

Looking at Blais' contract specifically where he's paid 70,000$ in the AHL and 650,000$ in the NHL where I'm assuming that he's paid for the daily rate over the full calendar year (these numbers go up drastically if it's paid over the course of an approximate 200 day working year).

650k/365= 1780.82$/day in the NHL
70k/365= 191.78$/day in AHL

That's a difference of 1589.04$ a day for Blais on his 2 way contract. Of course, taxes affect his take home wages, as would escrow (I won't speculate to those numbers) - but we're still talking a significant amount of money for a young player.

Edit: Something else to consider is that if Blais (or any other player) were called up for 1 game, he may also be entitled to 2 days wages to account for travel to/from San Antonio, plus travel expenses etc. I'm not well versed with the collective agreement, I'm using my own work policies here to attempt to draw a comparison. I'm entitled to my Leave of Absence pay if I am not sleeping in my own bed to start and end the day - so when I leave Whitehorse, YT to travel to Dawson City, YT for a 1 day trip to deliver materials, drive up Thursday and drive home Friday I'm paid 2 days of LOA, even though I'm home for dinner Friday.

Edit 2: based on Majority's input
70k/200= 350$
650k/200= 3250$

A difference of 2900$ daily, give or take (again, specific to Blais - without you naming the player, I can't give anything better) .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendak and Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would play MacMac the Sandford. He can drive, play hard and give energy för team. I really like MacMac's forecheck play.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Salary goes by day, not game, and AHL salary has nothing to do with what a player gets paid on a call-up. A player gets his NHL salary divided by roughly 180 every day of his call up. His AHL salary doesn't matter unless he is on a 1-way, and then his AHL is his NHL salary. If he is on a 1-way contract worth 700k, he gets the exact same in both leagues. If he is on a 2-way with a 700k AHL salary and 880K NHL salary, he gets roughly a grand extra per day ($880k-$700k/180 days = $1k per day).

Looking at Blais' contract specifically where he's paid 70,000$ in the AHL and 650,000$ in the NHL where I'm assuming that he's paid for the daily rate over the full calendar year (these numbers go up drastically if it's paid over the course of an approximate 200 day working year).

650k/365= 1780.82$/day in the NHL
70k/365= 191.78$/day in AHL

The yearly salary is spread out over the length of the regular season, not the full 365 day year. Regular season is roughly (give or take due to scheduling) 6 months, so I short hand it with 180 days. Its imprecise, but it gives you the gist of it without counting how many days there actually is on a given season. 365 is far too low for daily salary.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
giphy.gif

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Perron will attempt to force Schwartz to score, but the Schwartz is too strong in this one...

I think that 4th line Steen-Barb pairing is going to produce, especially against Edmonton. Steen-Barb-Blais will be a 4th line to reckon with.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This will either be a great game by the Blues with everyone but Edmundson and Blais back...

or it will be one of those, playing a bad team who is out of the playoffs by a wide margin and they'll kill us 4-1 style games. I'm hoping for option 1.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Schenn-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Maroon-Bozak-Thomas
Schwartz-Sundqvist-Perron
Steen-Barbashev-Sanford

I like this! Very balanced!

Third line could be a sick line. SunnyD is now paired with highly skilled players. Maybe this is Schwartz’s answer to a massive turnaround. There could be some wild chemistry on that line.

The Three Secound Pass Clock will be placed squarely on Schwartz’s back. Come on Schwartz — your line mates will elevate your game. No need for around the world dusting offs. Pass or shot the damn biscuit. Stop over thinking and start playing music with that twig!

:blues

Last edited:
Reactions: Zamadoo and Bendak

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
And mine was at 42%. So we're looking at goals from Tarasenko, O'Reilly, and Del Zotto. Or they'll all be injured this game.

Mine was 13 so either Ray Ferraro is going to jump on the ice or Dan Hinote will make a spectacular return.

Chicken Parm for NHL2Nite fans, or Ray Ferraro, was one of my favorite short-time Blues, along with the great Stephane Richer.

Last edited:

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Going to watch the game tonight with my 92 year old mother. She loves the Blues. You’d be shocked at how well she understands the game. She can pick out the better skaters and can tell you if a goalie is going down to much. She was in the stands when the leafs won the 67 cup. LGB!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad