Eklund Rumor: Oilers and flyers talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I would love to see the Flyers go on a run at 10, 14 and 19. But what would the 10th overall cost? Not willing to pay Provorov or Ghost. Sanheim for 10?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
According to some Oilers fans Tyson Barrie isn't worth #10 so good luck getting that for Sanheim :laugh:

Tyson Barrie is definitely worth #10... not from the Avs point of view though. If the Oilers take a D at 10, it's most likely Ty Smith... and they'll cross their fingers and pray every night that Smith ONE DAY ends up as good as Barrie.

Fans LOOOOOOOVE their prospects on this board.

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Trading Sanheim for the 10th pick would be stupid. He's already NHL ready and the player we took at 10 would probably take another 2 years to develope.

I don't necessarily disagree. I'm just throwing things out there, depending on who "drops" to 10. I mean, if Dobson drops to 10, I would trade Sanheim for him in a heartbeat. Or, does 10 + 19 get you up to say 6 to take Dobson? I think he's going to be an absolute stud in the mold of Seth Jones. I would do anything within reason to get Dobson on the Flyers with Ghost and Provorov.

Reactions: hatcher

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don't know what's funny. Provorov is our 21 year old #1 defensemen and there is only one player on the Oilers I would trade him for and he's neither of those players.

Provorov is legitimately the most untouchable player on the Flyers, period. It would take an extreme overpayment for him, and this is not hyperbole.

Unless names like Matthews, Laine, Jones, 1st overall (Dahlin), MacKinnon, are being thrown around, Provorov wouldn't even be considered. And I'm not 100% sure I would trade Provorov for a couple of them to be honest. Provorov is really freaking special, and I'm uber critical of Flyers players.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Not since Hextall became GM.

You are right. No leaks under Hexy. His peeps know there's a dumpster with their names on it if they leak with him in the chair. Eklund is making crap up - that said, it's reasonable to speculate that "something" could happen between Philly and Edmonton. I wouldn't bet on it though.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Once upon a time, Eklund (or one of the original Eklunds - seriously, Eklund was supposedly a composite persona of a group of friends or something originally before it just became Dwayne) used to be an intern or something with the Flyers, but that was like 20 years ago.

He's always been full of shit.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I don't know what's funny. Provorov is our 21 year old #1 defensemen and there is only one player on the Oilers I would trade him for and he's neither of those players.

I remember a 21 year old Flyers D who had just scored 44 points in 77 games as a rookie.

The guy was untouchable they said... the next coming of Lidstrom. It would take Jason Arnott AND Doug Weight to land that guy they said. The next year he was traded to Edmonton for Dan McGillis.

A 40 point D and a 70 point C are ~ equal. Both Provorov & Drai are going to be top 10 players in the league at the two most important positions. That's where the value is, but neither team make the deal.

Talking about McD just makes you look silly.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I remember a 21 year old Flyers D who had just scored 44 points in 77 games as a rookie.

The guy was untouchable they said... the next coming of Lidstrom. It would take Jason Arnott AND Doug Weight to land that guy they said. The next year he was traded to Edmonton for Dan McGillis.

A 40 point D and a 70 point C are ~ equal. Both Provorov & Drai are going to be top 10 players in the league at the two most important positions. That's where the value is, but neither team make the deal.

Dude, comparing Janne Niinimaa & Ivan Provorov is well beyond silly into completely idiotic territory.

Also, no one said any of that shit you just made up.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007

Bucks, come on brother. You're talking like you're on hallucinogens. Niinimaa is nothing like Provorov and never was regarded as such. That's like comparing Draisaitl to Jason Bonsignore.

Reactions: pmwlker and Larry44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille