Eklund Rumor: Oilers and flyers talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
The trades suggested here are beyond ridiculous (predominantly looking at you fellow oilers fans). The Flyers aren't moving a fantastic young defender for anything - Draisaitl included. And that's not at all a dig on leon.

Simmonds does seems like a Chiarelli kind of player though. But I doubt that happens either. While not at all an "old" player, he still isn't the kind of winger Edmonton should be targeting (considering age, contract, and the pieces required). With over 30 Million tied up in 4 top-6 players, the oilers need to be looking for promising young wingers on value contracts. I don't see a fit with PHI.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Stop what exactly ?
Making terrible trade proposals. If you're Hextall, why would you do that trade? The Flyers would want no part of Lucic and his $6m cap hit for the next 5 years. If they wanted that they can just extend Simmonds and have a much better player at the same price.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Simmonds and one of Philly's top defenseman prospects for Pool Party and #10, possibly Nurse from Edmonton as well?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I like taking ganders throughout Flyers threads cause they always involve the most god awful trade ideas from other fanbases. Everyone wants Phillys ridiculously good youth and give up their garbage

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I like taking ganders throughout Flyers threads cause they always involve the most god awful trade ideas from other fanbases. Everyone wants Phillys ridiculously good youth and give up their garbage
I miss the old platform, where you could just ignore all the threads involving stupid deals proposed by other teams, who undervalue our players but still want them for some reason...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I miss the old platform, where you could just ignore all the threads involving stupid deals proposed by other teams, who undervalue our players but still want them for some reason...

I dont even think Philly really needs to do too much... I love your guys team and sure there is a tinker here or there that you guys can do but honestly IMO Hextall just needs to figure out the ongoing goalie situation until Hart is ready

Your team and prospect pool is unreal

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gotta think Chai wants Simmonds and will likely give up a young speedy forward to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->