Oilers Ahead of the Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Man I hate everything about the flames, it sucks they're doing better than us, at least they won't get one of McDavid/Eichel/Hanifin. I hope they miss the playoffs, lol.

LostCatalyst

Oct 15, 2014
Listen Notorius. I get that you're upset that the Flames are doing well. But saying that they won't get a top 3 prospect is a little poor right now. Seems like they really don't need a top 3 prospect the way they're playing right now. I mean they have 5 forwards out of their lineup and the replacements have been playing pretty well

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Uhh, lest we forget they have top prospect Sam Bennett yet to even play an NHL game? The Flames are leagues ahead of the Oilers and it's likely to get worse before it gets better.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Listen Notorius. I get that you're upset that the Flames are doing well. But saying that they won't get a top 3 prospect is a little poor right now. Seems like they really don't need a top 3 prospect the way they're playing right now. I mean they have 5 forwards out of their lineup and the replacements have been playing pretty well

It's not poor since your fan base always kicks us down when we are already down, I'm very glad they won't likely get McDavid, a guy that can single handedly change a franchise around. no doubt Calgary is playing some great hockey right now that's something the Oilers can learn from.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
It's not poor since your fan base always kicks us down when we are already down, I'm very glad they won't likely get McDavid, a guy that can single handedly change a franchise around. no doubt Calgary is playing some great hockey right now that's something the Oilers can learn from.

Yeah if only the Oilers could learn the secret to posting grossly inflated shooting and goaltending numbers too instead of grossly deflated shooting and goaltending numbers.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Calgary wins again last night in another gutsy come from behind win against one of the wests big boys.

This is why all of these LAME excuses about 'oh LA/Anaheim/SJ is a big tough dominating team, we can't be expected to compete with them we don't have the size! are so ridiculous.

Each year 4, 5, 6 teams improve or over achieve and gets some results, even if they fall back the next year.

Our orchestra of buffoons have managed to do something that is very tough, to be out right terrible year after year after year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Having good goaltending probably helps with that.

The Flames weren't exactly looking great after 40 minutes.

Then again the Ducks got roasted by the Panthers the previous game, I don't think they're as good as their record indicates. Perry/Getzlaf were a combined -6.

But really, who cares. This is a dead team anyway.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Calgary is playing well and overachieving, good for them.

I suspect things will come back to earth at some point and they will likely finish somewhere between 8-10. Will that be better then the Oilers? Probably, but there's enough things to "sweat" with the Oilers, there's no point in sweating the Flames.

EDIT: If the Flames make the Playoffs, Mark Giordano HAS to win the Hart.

Last edited:

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Love how Flames management is head and shoulders above Oilers. Goes to show you what happens when you hire people with an actual track record.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Love how Flames management is head and shoulders above Oilers. Goes to show you what happens when you hire people with an actual track record.

Or what happens when you have a hot start and one of your players is playing at an MVP of the league level. Probably that.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Calgary wins again last night in another gutsy come from behind win against one of the wests big boys.

This is why all of these LAME excuses about 'oh LA/Anaheim/SJ is a big tough dominating team, we can't be expected to compete with them we don't have the size! are so ridiculous.

Each year 4, 5, 6 teams improve or over achieve and gets some results, even if they fall back the next year.

Our orchestra of buffoons have managed to do something that is very tough, to be out right terrible year after year after year.

The Flames have a small team too. Raymond, Baertschi, Gaudreau, Hudler, Russell, Brodie, Giordano, Backlund, etc. are not big guys. Only Colborne and Monahan bring size, outside of the energy players (ie, Bollig)

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
The Flames have a small team too. Raymond, Baertschi, Gaudreau, Hudler, Russell, Brodie, Giordano, Backlund, etc. are not big guys. Only Colborne and Monahan bring size, outside of the energy players (ie, Bollig)

But they are willing to bring in Burke's "Truculence" into their game. Not all of the Oilers players are willing to do that.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Sounds like we are making excuses as to why the flames are succeeding. How about they are earning their wins with hard work and determination. Anaheim is a sick team, the flames have tons of injuries, and their goaltending isn't flukey, it's good. They are everything we want to be.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Sounds like we are making excuses as to why the flames are succeeding. How about they are earning their wins with hard work and determination. Anaheim is a sick team, the flames have tons of injuries, and their goaltending isn't flukey, it's good. They are everything we want to be.

Hit the nail on the head. Seems like a bit of jealousy as well. The Oilers franchise is an utter disaster, the team could take advice from every TEAM including the Flames.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008

If you think any player can 'single-handedly' change a franchise in any positive manner then you havent been paying attention.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Going to be fun thread to read when the Flames are behind the Oilers at the end of the year.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Going to be fun thread to read when the Flames are behind the Oilers at the end of the year.

Let me guess, stats are going to prove you right. If your happiness is based on where the Flames place in the standings, goes to show how pathetic the Oilers really are. Good teams don't give a crap about other ones, they challenge themselves. By the way doulos, how is it going to be fun when the Oilers are going to miss the playoffs again by a country mile.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Let me guess, stats are going to prove you right. If your happiness is based on where the Flames place in the standings, goes to show how pathetic the Oilers really are. Good teams don't give a crap about other ones, they challenge themselves. By the way doulos, how is it going to be fun when the Oilers are going to miss the playoffs again by a country mile.

Well, the good thing is..the Flames will be right there with us in the end. :naughty:

Misery and all that..

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

Nah. I want a team that can sustain success over the long term, not a flash-in-the-pan.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Simmer down there champ.

First, I never said it would be fun that the Oilers would miss the playoffs.

Second, my happiness does not only depend on where the Flames are in the standings. However, I do enjoy seeing them do poorly - and I do suspect the bottom is going to fall of things for them sooner rather than later.

Third, I am not a team. I am a fan. So, yes, good teams don't give a crap about other teams. I am not the Oilers. I am a fan that cheers for the Oilers and also hopes to see the utter downfall of other teams like the Flames and Canucks.

I could certainly be wrong and the Flames will keep up their torrid pace all season. I would be completely shocked, but sometimes it happens, like with the Avs last season. Sometimes you get unreal goaltending and **** house luck all year. I really do think the Oilers stand a real chance of being higher in the standings than the Flames at the end of the season though, and I will find this thread humorous if/when it happens.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Simmer down there champ.

First, I never said it would be fun that the Oilers would miss the playoffs.

Second, my happiness does not only depend on where the Flames are in the standings. However, I do enjoy seeing them do poorly - and I do suspect the bottom is going to fall of things for them sooner rather than later.

Third, I am not a team. I am a fan. So, yes, good teams don't give a crap about other teams. I am not the Oilers. I am a fan that cheers for the Oilers and also hopes to see the utter downfall of other teams like the Flames and Canucks.

I could certainly be wrong and the Flames will keep up their torrid pace all season. I would be completely shocked, but sometimes it happens, like with the Avs last season. Sometimes you get unreal goaltending and **** house luck all year. I really do think the Oilers stand a real chance of being higher in the standings than the Flames at the end of the season though, and I will find this thread humorous if/when it happens.

Okay chief. Seems like you took my comment out of context, what a shock. By what measure do the Oilers finish ahead of the Flames, I would love to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad