Post-Game Talk: Oilers 7, Sabres 2

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How was Puljujärvi?

So happy for Milan. Hope he can save his career.

PJ had a couple offensive and defensive blue line turnovers, rushed his shot attempts, panicked with the puck more often than not, and stayed on the outside. In other words, his normal game. Why the Oilers are developing yet another young player in the NHL and watching him drown game in game out is beyond me but its the Oiler way.

Reactions: tellermine

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
How was Puljujärvi?

So happy for Milan. Hope he can save his career.

On TV, hes goofy.
Live...oh god, he looks even goofier.

Really? He had two good chances in close, and one nice passing sequence with Khaira and Spooner. I thought that that line did well as a whole.

For a bottom 6 player, sure. But he's supposed to be this talented top 6 winger and unfortunately, he doesn't appear to show any of that. Hopefully it's him getting acclimated to using his body better but I dunno. Watching him still reminds me of QWOP

Reactions: ijk

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I didn’t watch game but I always read player grades in Edmonton Journal. Staples wants to see that line together again. He thinks points will come.
Edmonton is a very tough place to play . Lots of pressure and hate on certain players. One thing about that line ( Spooner,Khaira, Puju) is they all have wheels. It would be a bonus if they could get going

I wonder if they legit watch the games as attentively as they say they do. JP is still lost. He passes when he should shoot, gets in the way a lot of the time and just all around mediocre at best.

If target is bottom 6, sure. But even that's not all that great. Only thing working for him is he's still young but clock is ticking

Reactions: Oilers in NS

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm pretty sure David Staples posts on this site because there's a dude who always complains about Koskinen's glove being weak and he does too.
I'm on to you!

Edit: Almost every goalie in the NHL is garbage glove high.

Not sure what the goal breakdown says, but from the eye test Holtby's pretty strong high glove.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
On TV, hes goofy.
Live...oh god, he looks even goofier.

For a bottom 6 player, sure. But he's supposed to be this talented top 6 winger and unfortunately, he doesn't appear to show any of that. Hopefully it's him getting acclimated to using his body better but I dunno. Watching him still reminds me of QWOP

I don't think he will become that talented top 6 winger, and he does make iffy offensive decisions, although he might become a big, skilled, middle six forward, which the Oilers do need right now.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I don't think he will become that talented top 6 winger, and he does make iffy offensive decisions, although he might become a big, skilled, middle six forward, which the Oilers do need right now.

Hopefully something. Seeing a top 4 pick 'top out' as bottom 6r is extremely disappointing.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Are all of Buffalo's games like this?

Seemed like they rushed 5 then never back checked. The Oilers had more odd man rushes and neutral zone speed in one game than the last 5 games combined.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Seemed like they rushed 5 then never back checked. The Oilers had more odd man rushes and neutral zone speed in one game than the last 5 games combined.

Well when your leader floats, kind of sets a bad example for everyone I guess.

Last edited:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Other than the scorers, Khaira and Jones looked good last night . Jones logged over 22mins and for the most part played mistake free.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

They are kind of like us. Rely on top line far too much and have bad habits that sting them if they make mistakes.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Who can/would give him 10?
26yo scoring over PPG on a crappy team. He is +12 while almost all other forwards are either even or in minus. He is already making 7.35M right now and will be looking for a raise.

I would set my sights a little lower and look at someone like Dzingle. Easy to fit in cap wise this year and should be easier to resign going forward.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
PJ had a couple offensive and defensive blue line turnovers, rushed his shot attempts, panicked with the puck more often than not, and stayed on the outside. In other words, his normal game. Why the Oilers are developing yet another young player in the NHL and watching him drown game in game out is beyond me but its the Oiler way.
Ok. Thanks.
Sounds that he is back to normal. So sad.

the mcdavid era

Jul 10, 2017
JP looked terrible last night. Not sure what the Edmonton Journal is smoking. He looks like a goofy kid learning to skate. He can’t maintain possession. As soon as he gets the puck, he either makes a panic pass or loses the puck right away. Last night, he passed straight to a Sabres player. Oh and Jp loses every puck battle.

Reactions: frag2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad