Post-Game Talk: Oilers 7, Sabres 2

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
JP looked terrible last night. Not sure what the Edmonton Journal is smoking. He looks like a goofy kid learning to skate. He can’t maintain possession. As soon as he gets the puck, he either makes a panic pass or loses the puck right away. Last night, he passed straight to a Sabres player. Oh and Jp loses every puck battle.
David Staples did the player grades.
That is all I need to know about the game evaluation.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
3rd (and 4th) angle of McDavid's breakaway goal tonight

DigitalBackAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

Classic triple deke
Charlie took his helmet off to take the penalty shot. Typical hotdog move.

Such a McDavid.

:sarcasm:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
JP looked terrible last night. Not sure what the Edmonton Journal is smoking. He looks like a goofy kid learning to skate. He can’t maintain possession. As soon as he gets the puck, he either makes a panic pass or loses the puck right away. Last night, he passed straight to a Sabres player. Oh and Jp loses every puck battle.
Give it up Shero. We are on to you. You’re not getting another winger on the cheap from us.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Really? He had two good chances in close, and one nice passing sequence with Khaira and Spooner. I thought that that line did well as a whole.

On one of his good chances he had a wide open shot on goal, close in, with time, and f***s up a backhand. Puck doesn't even get to net, it just sits there. It was lol bad except we've seen Pulju do something like this so many times. The guy screws over so many scoring chances. More than the SOG that end up on net.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Me reading all the "JP stinks, I finally realize it" posts.

EasygoingDistantHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Welcome on board to the non-delusional train.
He's the Finnish Yakupov.

And you can f*** off with your "wait till he grows into his frame" bullshit.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Me reading all the "JP stinks, I finally realize it" posts.

EasygoingDistantHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Welcome on board to the non-delusional train.
He's the Finnish Yakupov.

And you can **** off with your "wait till he grows into his frame" bull****.
So we ruin development in players. Lets trade a 20-year-old who is in his third year overseas. While I agree with our development in the past we definitely need to not pull the trigger here. Send him down. Let him work on stuff.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

I would have said the same thing about JP a year ago... heck, I keep calling him Bambi since early this season. If you search my history I was pissed off at his weak puck protection skills since his first camp.

But I thought he played alright against the Sabres. Some nice battles, passes, etc. He's starting to use his size. Last night was progression for me for him.

Reactions: North

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
So we ruin development in players. Lets trade a 20-year-old who is in his third year overseas. While I agree with our development in the past we definitely need to not pull the trigger here. Send him down. Let him work on stuff.
Thing is, I don't even see flashes, dude. Just seems like someone who's way out of their element. And after 130 games to only have 35 pts?
Like I said in other threads, I don't WANT him to fail, but I feel that he won't get much better and we should get as much out of him as we can in a trade.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I will second the opinion that Pulju didn't look terrible last night. That line had some good looks and I wouldn't mind seeing them together another couple of games.

Edit: hey, where are the corsi crowd? Pulj was the only positive corsi player last night. Case closed, he was awesome :thumbu:

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
All the shit talking on Puljajarvi is hilarious. He's only had a few weeks under Hitchcock after two seasons of "development" by the Koala. Give the kid at least until the end of the season before you roast him.

Reactions: North

Studz

Jun 20, 2015
City of Champions
I also thought Pulju played decent last night. I don't understand the hate, anyone who thinks he is gonna improve overnight probably has never played a sport in their lifetime.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I also thought Pulju played decent last night. I don't understand the hate, anyone who thinks he is gonna improve overnight probably has never played a sport in their lifetime.
Its the same people that complain about every bad play a player makes. Petry should be in the AHL, Schultz doesn't belong in the NHL, Cogliano hands of stone, Hall is a problem in the room, Eberle is too soft, they were also working over Nuge just last year.

One of the main problems is the Oilers just can't stick with a plan and carry it out, whether it be staff or players, and fans pressure a lot of these decisions.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
It's a sad state when the most joy some people get out of this team is the prospects failing to live up to potential so they can say they were right all along.

It's pure toxicity.
And then you have the people who cry about Chia and post proposals that rival his worst moves.

I'm not immune to being toxic myself but I try and keep it to a minimum or keep it funny.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I have had my doubts about JP, but I have a feeling that he'll be at least a 20-25-45 player that is a beast on the forecheck (when he matures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad