Post-Game Talk: Oilers 7, Sabres 2

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Those first five minutes were an emotional rollercoaster. It was nice to see the Oilers generate some shots. The added scoring was a bonus. High points for me were the first Lucic goal and Connor recovering to score on the five hole.

It's great to win, but damn, guys, can you do it two games in a row?

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
tumblr_o5bk7vSGj21s9h0fco3_r1_540.gif

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I knew a bomb would go off in this game. I figured it was the Oilers handling exploding grenades.

Credit to the Oil for finishing and punishing, but what a brutal game by the Sabres. Lets just self destruct countless times giving pucks away for wide open chances and breakaways. Holy crap. Does Buffalo even practice hockey? do they have coaches? you'd never know it.

This was simply the worst opponent performance we've faced. Seems like a Buffalo club that got cocky thinking they were going to do a number on us and get walked on. McD sure seemed interested in piling it on in the McEichel derby.

lol at the telecast saying McD had an edge. Man, Eichel was lapped in this game.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
I knew a bomb would go off in this game. I figured it was the Oilers handling exploding grenades.

Credit to the Oil for finishing and punishing, but what a brutal game by the Sabres. Lets just self destruct countless times giving pucks away for wide open chances and breakaways. Holy crap. Does Buffalo even practice hockey? do they have coaches? you'd never know it.

This was simply the worst opponent performance we've faced. Seems like a Buffalo club that got cocky thinking they were going to do a number on us and get walked on. McD sure seemed interested in piling it on in the McEichel derby.

lol at the telecast saying McD had an edge. Man, Eichel was lapped in this game.

Hey how about that Kos, eh ? ;)

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
That was a good game before they took it first person interplay in later Warcrafts. I love the mapped battles type games.

It's one of my favourite strategy games. Definitely underrated by a lot, even if the balance was not entirely there.

Oh, and, awesome game tonight!

Love to see Lucic and Kassian lighting the lamp. Fingers crossed it keeps them on their game. :crossfing Lucic has been looking great the last few games, like the player we hoped for... :thumbu:

Reactions: LaGu and Drivesaitl

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Well, I thought I was done multiple times this year. This team has disappointed me more times than I'd like to think about this season.

All that being said, we are tied for the wild card, and with Klefbom and Sekera drawing back in sometime soon I think we actually have a legitimate shot.

Anything can happen if we can make the dance. The Red Wings had 58 wins in 05-06 when we beat them in 6 games

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
2018-19 season:

William Nylander - 17GP: 1G, 2A, 3Pts, -6, Soft and provides no physicality, Cap hit = $6.95M

Milan Lucic - Last 17 GP: 3G, 2A, 5Pts, +3, Physical Beast, Cap hit = $6M

Lucic has 2 more goals, 2 more points, 9 points higher +-, and provides intangibles that Nylander doesn't.

Conclusion? Lucic is the better and cheaper player!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Well, I thought I was done multiple times this year. This team has disappointed me more times than I'd like to think about this season.

All that being said, we are tied for the wild card, and with Klefbom and Sekera drawing back in sometime soon I think we actually have a legitimate shot.

Anything can happen if we can make the dance. The Red Wings had 58 wins in 05-06 when we beat them in 6 games

Will be nice to see Klefbom back. Wish Sekera the best but I don’t think we should expect him to have an impact when he comes back. Hopefully he does but I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t. I think he’s done personally. I hope I am wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad