Oilers 9-8-2 under Hitchcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Hands down the most impactful coaching change this season.

Mod:

Just spent a while deleting a ton of posts from this thread. This thread is for discussing how the Oilers are doing since hiring Ken Hitchcock -- not about bashing or insulting other fanbases. If you can't understand that then don't bother posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Will crash down soon. Can’t keep winning 1-0 2-1 while having goals against not count every night. Calgary was tired and banged up. Oilers had 5 pps. When goaltending finally regresses to normal levels they will hit a wall and hard

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Vegas and Aneheim are both 8-2 in their last 10, and they are both a point ahead of us.

We do have games in hand though.
I realize that.

I just don't understand how that it relivent to this thread and how the Oilers have played under Hitch.

Using this logic the Jets weren't a true contender last week in the Central since there were 3 teams ahead of them in their division.

There record doesn't matter, since there were teams that were winning games also and were ahead of them.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I realize that.

I just don't understand how that it relivent to this thread and how the Oilers have played under Hitch.

Using this logic the Jets weren't a true contender last week in the Central since there were 3 teams ahead of them in their division.

There record doesn't matter, since there were teams that were winning games also and were ahead of them.

He's not bashing the Oilers, lol. He's complaining that the whole division is on fire.

Reactions: Deplorable Lenny

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's early, but I recall people saying he was a washed up antiquated coach. Washed up and antiquated is winning. Still needs more from the team, but results are there presently.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Will crash down soon. Can’t keep winning 1-0 2-1 while having goals against not count every night. Calgary was tired and banged up. Oilers had 5 pps. When goaltending finally regresses to normal levels they will hit a wall and hard
Last time VS CGY the Flames had 5 or moe PP's. Lopsided. Oilers took the game for two periods then sat back in the third. Had multiple break aways that game and this game. Rittich kept the score low.

I don't think the Oilers will keep shooting blanks like that. The key is that they generate good scoring chances. Winning a ton of games by 1 is not sustainable, but missing a lo tof glorious chances over and over again is not sustainable either. There is a balance somewhere there.

Reactions: mcdraividmoto

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If you’re content with just getting into the playoffs and losing in the first round, congrats I guess.

Reactions: Lancer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad