Post-Game Talk: Oilers 6, Maple Leafs 4

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The team lurching towards some modicum of respectability after all this time doesn't undo the past years of incompetence or give McDavid the first few years of his career back. Point is, if the team does turn it around at long last, you won't hear any more of these takes.
I didn't say that it does. Just defending the position that his comments are simply brainless regurgitated dreck. Poorly timed as well.

Reactions: Peanut Butter

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bruce Arthur is dumb as ****, just a stupid person who gets paid to talk about a sport he knows little about. TSN lets him on their free agency show in July for unknown reasons. A couple years ago he was wondering why the Flames wouldn't offer sheet Draisaitl for $10M, unaware they had nowhere near the cap space or draft picks to actually do it. On last year's show he dumped on the Oilers and said the Condors had a bad season. :dunce:

Arthur is a bitter little life long Oiler hater who is upset he is irrelevant now that he’s been punted from TSN and nobody reads the National Post anymore.

Reactions: Coffey

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I didn't say that it does. Just defending the position that his comments are simply brainless regurgitated dreck. Poorly timed as well.

I mean, when you can drive Oilers fans into a frenzy of clicks and comments with simple regurgitated dreck, why try harder?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I mean, when you can drive Oilers fans into a frenzy of clicks and comments with simple regurgitated dreck, why try harder?
giphy.gif

Reactions: TB12

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Expected them to lose tbh. Team is way too inconsistent. Great win though. Just waiting to see if they make the playoffs.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Jeff Blair from Writers Bloc on Sportsnet is delusional. “The lacrosse goals are better goal of the year candidates than last nights McDavid effort”! Are you kidding. Those goals and the between the legs goals(Tkachuk) shouldn’t rank close. You see kids from PeeWee to IIHF successfully duplicating those plays. Name a player in hockey that can float thru the slot with a top 25 dman between him and the net, no look the situation and find himself behind said dman and still have the skill to roof it on the goalie. The 0 to 60 speed, the skill and the vision are unique. I’ll wait for another player to duplicate the effort before I question whether this is not the goal of the year.
Bingo. The skill required to do what McDavid did is beyond virtually every player in the NHL.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Oilers beat the Leafs and half of this thread is about .. Bruce Arthur. I guess what he was trying to achieve worked lol.

Hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: oobga

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I just heard a goof on Hockey Central (Not Marek) say that mcDavid goal was kind of like basketball.

"Ya knowm he beats Reilly and Reilly is just like you know what, he is already gone I'm just going to let him go. He just let him lay it in"
Armstrong was pretty choked up after the game I think - thought about it for 21 hrs and now he was coming to Oh reilly's defense saying "he just came off the bench and his gap was a bit screwed up". lol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oilers beat the Leafs and half of this thread is about .. Bruce Arthur. I guess what he was trying to achieve worked lol.

Hook, line and sinker.

Um.....let’s see....the guy who made it about Bruce Arthur was the guy who was defending his position ad nauseum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad