Post-Game Talk: Oilers 6, Maple Leafs 4

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Toronto has always been like this when it comes to the Oilers generational talents.

When Gretz and the Oilers first came in the league Ballard the old fart was talking about how Gretzky would get destroyed by playing against men in a real league. That he would be lucky to survive a season. 2 seasons later he was arguing to anybody that Gretz should be a leaf and trying ardently to trade for him. While having his own club wear bags on their heads at Maple Leaf gardens before games. (I wish I was making any of this up)

Arthur knows all this. That's your leafs heritage fella.

Now Edmonton has McDavid and Draisaitl and you're apoplectic about it. Get over it.

Pretty sure Bruce Arthur is a B.C. boy.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Anyway, congrats to Oilers fans for being insecure enough to give the guy clicks and engagement, you're really teaching these guys a lesson.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Not sure if this was posted anywhere....

Attachments

• IMG_8863.jpg
    IMG_8863.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 9

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Salty Oilers fan projecting bias when there's none to be seen. Hell, the guy isn't even from Toronto.

I think you mean salty writer "conveniently" posting about the Oilers wasting McDavid's career after McDavid and his team pumped his beloved Leafs.

There's no doubt that Oiler fans are a little too fixated on what "The Center of the Universe" thinks of Edmonton but it was pretty obvious that Arthur brought up McDavid being wasted in Edmonton out of bitterness after his team lost the game. It doesn't mean he's wrong, it's just that the timing was very convenient and it was clearly written from a biased perspective.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Nygard was playing as if it were a playoff game; I underestimated him at the beginning of the year, but his last five games have been superb. He and Haas are legitimate players.
Also, the amount of non-calls that were in favour of the Leafs was impressive; even my friends from Toronto acknowledged this

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I think you mean salty writer "conveniently" posting about the Oilers wasting McDavid's career after McDavid and his team pumped his beloved Leafs.

There's no doubt that Oiler fans are a little too fixated on what "The Center of the Universe" thinks of Edmonton but it was pretty obvious that Arthur brought up McDavid being wasted in Edmonton out of bitterness after his team lost the game. It doesn't mean he's wrong, it's just that the timing was very convenient and it was clearly written from a biased perspective

As pointed out, it's not the first time this particular writer has made the point that McDavid's talents are being wasted, I don't think it has much to do with the boxscore on this particular night.

Is it too much exposure to Edmonton's terrible awful beat reporters that makes everyone think reporters are all fans of the teams they cover?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Sorry but you are delusional. Tim and Syd are just more Leaf fan boys like Dartman who gets a radio show because he wore a Leaf painted on his sweaty face with a smoke, like Steve Dangle a basement blogger who gets hired by Sportsnet because all he does is vomit his Leaf opinions daily and can’t even skate, like Jeff O’Niell who may as well wear his Leafs jersey on air and like every other Toronto based sportscaster alive. They all cater to Leaf fan boys. But you are forgiven because when you live in the forest you can’t tell because of the trees.

Venture outside your area code for 10 minutes and you will see how ridiculous it is.

To be fair, they do cover all the Canadian teams, I mean they spend the time on the Leafs telling everyone how great they are and how the rest of the teams suck, but they are covered haha.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I've probably missed the discussion, but interesting to hear in post game from Tippett that Draisaitl likes playing with Yamamoto. I'll eat some crow there - I wouldn't have guessed that. Sure seems to be finally working this time around.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Jeff Blair from Writers Bloc on Sportsnet is delusional. “The lacrosse goals are better goal of the year candidates than last nights McDavid effort”! Are you kidding. Those goals and the between the legs goals(Tkachuk) shouldn’t rank close. You see kids from PeeWee to IIHF successfully duplicating those plays. Name a player in hockey that can float thru the slot with a top 25 dman between him and the net, no look the situation and find himself behind said dman and still have the skill to roof it on the goalie. The 0 to 60 speed, the skill and the vision are unique. I’ll wait for another player to duplicate the effort before I question whether this is not the goal of the year.

Jeff Blair is an ass. Asked him after his garbage article on why the Leafs 'deserved' McDavid more, he doesn't respond to the question directly and just says 'I respect your opinion' and then blocks me on twitter.

Cant spell tool without the letters T.O

Reactions: Wyrm

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Then maybe the team should stop wasting McDavid, IDK.
Explain how. You're talking about an entire team in relation to a single player's career. If it was so easy to build a competitive roster in the salary cap era, the rebuild process wouldn't be so tedious.

"Imagine him on a more complete roster..."

I imagine a more complete roster wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to draft him.

It's a weak take. Tired opinion.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad