Post-Game Talk: Oilers 6, Maple Leafs 4

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Jeff Blair from Writers Bloc on Sportsnet is delusional. “The lacrosse goals are better goal of the year candidates than last nights McDavid effort”! Are you kidding. Those goals and the between the legs goals(Tkachuk) shouldn’t rank close. You see kids from PeeWee to IIHF successfully duplicating those plays. Name a player in hockey that can float thru the slot with a top 25 dman between him and the net, no look the situation and find himself behind said dman and still have the skill to roof it on the goalie. The 0 to 60 speed, the skill and the vision are unique. I’ll wait for another player to duplicate the effort before I question whether this is not the goal of the year.

Couldn’t agree more. The NHL’s top goals of 2019 video could have had the alternate title of top between the leg goals of 2019. McDavid was on the list with a between the legs goals and it shouldn’t have even been among his like top 5 goals, let alone apparently being his “best” goal.

the crazy thing about his goal last night was that it wasn’t even the only time last night that he did that to Rielly. Earlier in the game he had a really good chance where he was covered, and makes quick little deke to get Rielly’s stick out of position, turns on the jets, and cuts around him, all in the span of like 10 feet. I watched it like 5 times amazed that he was able to get around him so easily to get the shot off

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
And watching McDavid drive Leaf fans into a frenzy of delusions with a simple deke around a pylon of a defenseman is even better.
Calling Morgan Reilly a pylon is something a large number of leaf fans would say about one of the better defensemen in the league. Don't do what they do. You can still happily gloat without spitting out ridiculousness that reflects poorly on the rest of us.

A really good defenseman was beaten on a magnificent play by arguably the best player in the world. It just is what it is.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Calling Morgan Reilly a pylon is something a large number of leaf fans would say about one of the better defensemen in the league. Don't do what they do. You can still happily gloat without spitting out ridiculousness that reflects poorly on the rest of us.

A really good defenseman was beaten on a magnificent play by arguably the best player in the world. It just is what it is.

I don't know. I took a peek at their PGT out of curiosity and I don't think many of them would say he's a really good defenseman right now.

They're talking about him like we talked about Lucic haha.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Best part is being able to enjoy both Gretzky AND McDavid as Edmonton Oilers. Two generational talents that the Leaf fans, then and now, feel should have been pre-destined to play on their team. Instead, they got Rick Vaive and William Nylander.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

There's no 'arguably' necessary in that sentence.

Reactions: TB12 and Aerrol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
And your point?

My point is people are talking about Bruce Arthur to begin with. Who give a **** what he thinks?

Besides you obviously lol.

You need to read the thread before making comments Mr Pug.

A Leaf fan came in here and specifically asked why I hate the Leafs fans. Bruce Arthur and the Toronto media was one of the many reasons I gave him, and I was showing him the drivel from Arthur to make the point. It was after that Little Fury decided to come in and lecture the forum about Bruce Arthur for a bazillion posts.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I don't know. I took a peek at their PGT out of curiosity and I don't think many of them would say he's a really good defenseman right now.

They're talking about him like we talked about Lucic haha.
Nobody said they were smart

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018

A Leaf fan came in here and specifically asked why I hate the Leafs fans. Bruce Arthur and the Toronto media was one of the many reasons I gave him, and I was showing him the drivel from Arthur to make the point. It was after that Little Fury decided to come in and lecture the forum about Bruce Arthur for a bazillion posts.

I read it. You care more than I do what Leafs fans (like Bruce Arthur) have to think about anything regarding the Oilers.

The fact you got defensive over my initial post says it all really.

Reactions: harpoon

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Oh so he's striving for attention? Very Leaf like I must say.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Say what you want about the Oilers but they have wins this year against

NY Islanders
Captials
Penguins
Avalanche
Golden Knights
Coyotes
Stars
Bruins

And now the Leafs who were on a massive hot streak.
And equal number of losses to bad teams like Detroit, Chicago, etc.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I agree but Stauffer seems to be hinting that he'll be the guy to be replaced if/when Benson comes up. The coaches really like Khaira and he's an important part of the PK (and does have 6 goals actually) so it won't be him even though he can be incredibly frustrating to watch.
I hope JJ is not on the team next year.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Does anyone know of a place you can watch archived games? I'd love to be able to watch a rebroadcast of this one.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nicely timed "Morgan Rielly has been playing with an injury" story from Mirtle on the Athletic. Hope it takes some heat off the guy.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nicely timed "Morgan Rielly has been playing with an injury" story from Mirtle on the Athletic. Hope it takes some heat off the guy.

Haha of course he has been. According to Leaf fans he’s been a pylon all year...but they just started saying it after he got burnt by McDavid.
Hell if they don’t want him I’d gladly take him here!

Reactions: oobga

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nah, blame the dummy who brought it up in the first place with the Gregor tweet, whoever that was.

Leaf fan asks why Leaf fans are hated. Arthur article brought up as an example as to why among other things. This upsets Little Fury, who has a little fury defending the weak take of Arthur. Please tell the entire story with context and not your sad silly version of it. Welcome back to my ignore list, you are among good company there.

How dare you bring up an article written by another Leaf loving journalist excusing the Leaf deficiencies.

Reactions: Wyrm and oobga

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Leaf fan asks why Leaf fans are hated. Arthur article brought up as an example as to why among other things. This upsets Little Fury, who has a little fury defending the weak take of Arthur. Please tell the entire story with context and not your sad silly version of it. Welcome back to my ignore list, you are among good company there.

How dare you bring up an article written by another Leaf loving journalist excusing the Leaf deficiencies.

"When I posted the thing I posted, I didn't expect anyone would respond to it!"

Dumb.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Bad case of road rash, along with a severe sun burn would be the expected ailments Rielly suffered after last game. Hope he’s okay. Polysporin should help.

Reactions: oobga

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad