Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Bruins 2 in shootout

loller12

Mar 29, 2010
After watching the game its clear RNH has to go, atleast Eberle did something to help the team win. Whenever RNH was on the ice it seemed like he tried everything in his power to make us lose the game; with the weak turn overs, failing to win puck battles along the boards, not covering the right players defensively, and failing to receive a pass in the defensive zone.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Good win. Well played game. Nilsson great again. Eberle with a great shootout goal. Oh, and Zdeno Chara is still easily a top pairing d-man. I remember people arguing in the off-season that he was done. Dude's still a beast on the ice.

Nah. Chara is done. Hamilton was carrying his ass. :sarcasm:

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Looks like Ebs gained some confidence from the SO goal. Guy was smiling with Nurse at the center ice. We'll see though.

"These idiots pay me $6m a year to float around and score some fancy shootout goals."

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
People shouldn't complain over who the coaches send out on shootout. They do practice this stuff. They know who's the hot hand in practices.

I see it as rewarding the guys who scored earlier and giving a guy who usually scores in the shootout the chance to prove himself.

I like Eberle when he's scoring, but the Oilers need someone who can dish some hits instead.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think sitting Nuge for a game might do him some good.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
if our big name players don't execute again next game we're toast. As if the team at this point in the season can afford for these guys to sputter like this

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Thank you, Nilsson. Bruins could have had 6 goals at least if not for him. EDM didn't play bad, but when they broke down goodness, it was bad. Hall and Drais have gone cold together.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
We had a few fire drills in our end after they tied it and Nilsson was just like nooope. No more.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
That was all Nilsson. One of his best games this season if not his best. Looks like he was tracking that puck real well tonight.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
RNH has been playing the worst hockey in his career the last 10-15 games. Looked pretty good before the flu, now looks like he has completely forgotten how to play. Hopefully he can get some confidence back, especially while Chia is likely deciding who to keep and who to ship out.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Couple of post game thoughts:

- Nilsson looked solid. First goal was an unlucky deflection and second was a bad defensive play by the skaters. He was a wall in the shootout and the reason we won IMO.
- Hendricks/Letestu had some nice chemistry going. A couple of 2 on 1's on the pk and combining for both goals. Interesting tactic by McLellan to put them both in the shootout.
- Speaking of shootout, Ebs is money one-on-one. Still doesn't look up to form in regulation but hopefully he's back to form soon.
- Fayne doesn't know how to breakout of our zone. Apart from that one defensive play on the 4 on 1 I thought he played poorly. Gave up the puck and iced the puck far too many times as usual.
- Liked how Hall was involved in discussions before the OT PP. Shouldn't have even gotten to overtime but that's the kind of leadership we need to see.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That was all Nilsson. One of his best games this season if not his best. Looks like he was tracking that puck real well tonight.

Shots were 40-36. Both goalies made a bunch of big saves. This wasn't a case of a goalie stealing a game out there. It was an evenly played game from both teams.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Eberle was getting crapped on all night in the GDT, but the Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle line created a lot of chances all night. Eberle played a strong game. He's the whipping boy right now along with Nuge, but there was nothing wrong with his game tonight.

We can't afford to have guys like Eberle play okay but not produce. He's here to produce points.

All season it's been that way for most of the team. Lots of brownie points but not much results that matter.

I'm generally optimistic about things though. Eberle can break his funk, like Nuge as well. Hopefully getting the W will take a little pressure off.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Couple of post game thoughts:

- Nilsson looked solid. First goal was an unlucky deflection and second was a bad defensive play by the skaters. He was a wall in the shootout and the reason we won IMO.
- Hendricks/Letestu had some nice chemistry going. A couple of 2 on 1's on the pk and combining for both goals. Interesting tactic by McLellan to put them both in the shootout.
- Speaking of shootout, Ebs is money one-on-one. Still doesn't look up to form in regulation but hopefully he's back to form soon.
- Fayne doesn't know how to breakout of our zone. Apart from that one defensive play on the 4 on 1 I thought he played poorly. Gave up the puck and iced the puck far too many times as usual.
- Liked how Hall was involved in discussions before the OT PP. Shouldn't have even gotten to overtime but that's the kind of leadership we need to see.

But but Taylor Hall isn't captain material! :sarcasm:

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
After watching the game its clear RNH has to go, atleast Eberle did something to help the team win. Whenever RNH was on the ice it seemed like he tried everything in his power to make us lose the game; with the weak turn overs, failing to win puck battles along the boards, not covering the right players defensively, and failing to receive a pass in the defensive zone.

Coughed up the puck three times on one shift in his own end in the second. Time for a new venue for RHN.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We can't afford to have guys like Eberle play okay but not produce. He's here to produce points.

All season it's been that way for most of the team. Lots of brownie points but not much results that matter.

I'm generally optimistic about things though. Eberle can break his funk, like Nuge as well. Hopefully getting the W will take a little pressure off.

Eberle did produce. He scored the game winner in a shootout. Might not count on his goals/asssists/points statline, but it counts in the win column.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Mr. Positive for a reason :laugh:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

RNH is playing thru the flu and an injury . I was reading that today on TSN . 10 games ago everyone was saying he turned the corner well in that time he did not forget how to play hockey .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad