PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bit hot that Pastrnak is not out there 3 on 3 first.He is Bruins most dynamic player and faster then all 3 Cassidy sent out.Take the point ..:madfire:

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
What is with the NPCs that are Oilers "fans"?

Sitting around stiff as a board with those stupid towels around their necks, dead silent all night, except when there is a goal or a play they think is a penalty?

It is bad enough to only have talent because you have sucked long enough to acrue pitty draft picks, but I thought this was a major hockey market? Sure, the stands are full, but these people are robots with their volume turned to 1.

Yuck.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
1 point is better than no points. I thought the Bs D did a good of containing McDavid in regulation. He really didn't have more than 1 or 2 good looks. Also, really like Krejci's effort the past several games. He was really good tonight, and not too shabby the couple games before that. When he plays engaged and hustles it's a big boost to the team. Having Heinen out there helped the second line. Whether he is scoring or not, he is still better than the other players that have been tried on the second line.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Bit hot that Pastrnak is not out there 3 on 3 first.He is Bruins most dynamic player and faster then all 3 Cassidy sent out.Take the point ..:madfire:
How quickly we forget that the trio out there won games in OT last season. I see no issue starting with those three, especially with McDavid on the ice.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
How quickly we forget that the trio out there won games in OT last season. I see no issue starting with those three, especially with McDavid on the ice.

Pastrnak is better in open ice then any of them in my mind.And a sniper.They lose regulation not for him.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Cancel the parade!

Shit wrong forum.

Got a point. All the same in the standings no matter how they look getting it.

Really wish they had a clue in 3 on 3 but aside from 2 or 3 players they’re not built for it at all.

Congrats to all the Sox fans out there. Someday 2134 years from now the Mets will be good again. Until then I will cheer for your club

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Terrible terrible pass attempt by Marchand. Bergeron had the jump but i don’t even like the idea to go for that because if the pass is plucked from the air you’re hosed

Mcavoy had a lazy game

I’m annoyed don’t mind me

Reactions: lopey

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just a bad pass by Marchand and he should have checked McD not charge him. This 3 on 3 is bush league anyways. Never liked it from day one.

Reactions: LSCII and Strafer

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
They never split Marchy n Bergy so your saying Krech and Pasta shoulda been on 1st ? Idk if it matters that much bro but maybe

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Seemed to me Marchand hesitated a bit to release it because there was some player(s) in the way. Anyway, an OT loss vs a non conference foe isn't too bad.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Oh boy David Backes is really entering Beleskey/Hayes territory now :cry:. Could he be any more ineffective? Heinen with a nice bounce back game, looked more energetic and purposeful out there. Halak was sturdy. The Defense all in all did a good job, especially being short a man.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Meh. Point is fine. Marchand has to get that up ice faster or just eat it.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
And then not...charge at McDavid when he's coming back into the offensive zone???

Love Marchand, but he went in full braindead mode for about five seconds there.

Yep turnover into a 3-1 will end up the net unless the other team makes a mistake or a great save.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The OT lineup was fine. Marchy is a freaking master at getting big goals and being a big time performer in OT. You want Bergy out there since possession is such a major factor in OT, and he is good at the dot. Not to mention Bergy/Marchy are just plain sick as a duo. Sucks that Charlie is not into the groove yet, but he's the only D I would want on the ice in OT vs McDavid. Everyone else on D would look like a pylon 3 on 3 vs McDavid. If they could have gotten through McDavid's shift then Krejci and Pasta could have made something happen perhaps. Just so tough to face the league's fastest player in OT. No perfect way to deal with it.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
What is with the NPCs that are Oilers "fans"?

Sitting around stiff as a board with those stupid towels around their necks, dead silent all night, except when there is a goal or a play they think is a penalty?

Yuck. It is bad enough to only have talent because you have sucked long enough to acrue pitty draft picks, but I thought this was a major hockey market? Sure, the stands are full, but these people are robots with their volume turned to 1. Gross.

Oilers fans have been through over a decade of shit play and disappointment, it takes it toll on fans. Even now with McDavid we are still recovering from so much losing over the past decade. That being said we still SOLD OUT every single game during the worst era in NHL history, we are a tip hockey market without a doubt. A lot of the fans now are the same season ticket holders during the time too, lets just say watching that team took away a lot of blind and unconditional support.
When our team shows they are competitive and can win games they slowly gain fans trust and we go wild, happened once since like 2008 (16-17)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Krug has to be watching these games simply delighted.

I mean...this is was OBVIOUSLY what was going to start being said as soon as we hit a rough patch, but I don't see how Krug is the thing we're missing right now. And, I'm a full on Krug supporter.

We need offense and possession from the bottom 9 forward positions. I haven't even considered defensive mobility being a problem with Moore, McAvoy, Grizz, etc.

It's just a really easy argument to me, but it doesn't really align with the holes that I see need to be filled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad