Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The OT lineup was fine. Marchy is a freaking master at getting big goals and being a big time performer in OT. You want Bergy out there since possession is such a major factor in OT, and he is good at the dot. Not to mention Bergy/Marchy are just plain sick as a duo. Sucks that Charlie is not into the groove yet, but he's the only D I would want on the ice in OT vs McDavid. Everyone else on D would look like a pylon 3 on 3 vs McDavid. If they could have gotten through McDavid's shift then Krejci and Pasta could have made something happen perhaps. Just so tough to face the league's fastest player in OT. No perfect way to deal with it.

McAvoy did his job squeezing guy and getting puck.Bergeron gambled and lost.Pasta does not need that head start.He could beat a forward 1 on 1 .Anyways Bruins have other issues.3rd line big one.

Reactions: lopey

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I've always been a big Backes supporter. Adamant he was just misused.

Only a handful of games in, but I think he may be toast. Doesn't even appear engaged. Sad to see. Really wish he could've been that 3C, even for just a stretch. He and Acciari looked the least capable IMO.

Don't know where they go from here. I guess trade is the only route? I give Krejci a bunch of crap, but I think he takes the brunt of all the secondary scoring woes, even though he fills his role just fine. Is it worth $7.25M? I don't know. Could be worse.

Reactions: Strafer

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Pastrnak is better in open ice then any of them in my mind.And a sniper.They lose regulation not for him.
Marchand was tired. Late direct pass, without using the board. Intercepted and bang. It is 3 on 3 hockey and the 3 guys that was on the ice won much more game than they lose.

Also Pasta had a good shot... but was a defensive issu tonite. Can say thanks to Bergeron.!

Overall Bruins did not reach their potential and like most I think they need help upfront.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I've always been a big Backes supporter. Adamant he was just misused.

Only a handful of games in, but I think he may be toast. Doesn't even appear engaged. Sad to see. Really wish he could've been that 3C, even for just a stretch. He and Acciari looked the least capable IMO.

Don't know where they go from here. I guess trade is the only route? I give Krejci a bunch of crap, but I think he takes the brunt of all the secondary scoring woes, even though he fills his role just fine. Is it worth $7.25M? I don't know. Could be worse.
I just liked Backes. I hate it when a warrior like him is aging. But i am not sure he is 100% . It is at least the second time he goes in the tunnel this year with a head impact. Hope he is pulling the elastique and that he doesn't have health issu.

Reactions: BBruins

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
But i have to say it... I miss Lucic! Would like him in a Bruins jersey!

Yeah, because we don't have enough to complain about?

Come on. I miss him as well, and was against letting him go, I wanted him back, etc... but no. Did you watch his game tonight, last game, or any game over the last 2 years?

Reactions: Strafer

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Was in the arena tonight watching the game. Glad they got to the point that was looking forward to getting one late or in overtime.

Really like Heinen game tonight; I was 8 rows. away from the ice and noticed he battled very hard. I didn't notice Donato very much and McAvoy did not have a good game as others have said.

Lots has been said about Noordstrom this year but man he works hard...

It is mesmerizing to watch Bergy's line control the puck so much.

I thought it could've been up 2-0 at the end of the first with a shot advantage plus a couple goal posts but that's hockey.

Thought Lucic wasn't noticeable . I was shocked they named him the second star...lol

Lots of Bruin fans in the stands so it was disappointing

Crap.……

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Donato is avoiding certain area right now. I think he needs space and on a third line and/or fourth line you don't have the puck as with more gifted player and style is quite different on the bottom 6.

I know he is still a rookie but he is even struggling mightily against defense full of rookies (Ott, Buf, Det) He has a great shot however if he is not skating, hustling and getting open to use his onetimer/wristshot it's pretty useless.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad